• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luz Noceda VS Amity Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule:
1. They are in their strongest.
2. They don't know anything about each other. Otherwise SBA.

Vote:
Luz Noceda: 7 (ZeNoviceArtist, LeoEpicGamer8910, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, Chaos Jester25, Peppersalt43, Mariogoods, Dragonite007)
Amity Blight: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:

I think this is a pretty even matchup. I'm not gonna vote yet because I'm genuinely not sure who takes it but I'll list some wincons for both

Luz's advantages/wincons
Despite not being as good academically, Luz is very combat smart and is a good tactician. She's better at coming up with plans on the fly and she can be very crafty.

Luz's glyphs are far more versatile.

She could temporarily blind Amity with the light glyph(this could be used to create openings for her to attack. It could also be used to buy time and come up with a plan)

The Plant Glyph could be used to incapacitate Amity. It could ask possibly take away Ghost as well.

The Ice Glyph could be a counter to the abominations(In King's Tide, it's shown that Luz's ice can freeze abomination goo. Of course, Amity could use fire to counter)

Since Amity lacks an ice resistance, she could freeze Amity.

The Invisibility would probably be useful for setting up plans. It could also allow Luz to sneak around and attack Amity without Amity knowing where she is

She could use smoke as a way to buy time.

Amity's advantages/wincons
Has better book smarts and is overall a more experienced magic user.

Since Luz doesn't have her staff listed yet, Amity has the mobility advantage. She can fly while Luz cannot.

Amity could potentially incapacitate her with abomination goo. Luz needs to be careful because if she makes one wrong move, Amity could restrain her.

Her abominations could be used to block attacks.

Her weapon creation gives her some close combat options.

I honestly think both have their own wincons and it could go either way(i'm leaning towards Luz though).

Last edited:

I think this is a pretty even matchup. I'm not gonna vote yet because I'm genuinely not sure who takes it but I'll list some wincons for both

Luz's advantages/wincons
Despite not being as good academically, Luz is very combat smart and is a good tactician. She's better at coming up with plans on the fly and she can be very crafty.

Luz's glyphs are far more versatile.

She could temporarily blind Amity with the light glyph(this could be used to create openings for her to attack. It could also be used to buy time and come up with a plan)

The Plant Glyph could be used to bind Amity.

The Ice Glyph could be a counter to the abominations(In King's Tide, it's shown, that Luz's ice can freeze abomination goo. Of course, Amity could use fire to counter)

Since Amity lacks an ice resistance, she could freeze Amity.

The Invisibility would probably be useful for setting up plans. It could also allow Luz to use sneak around undetected.

She could use smoke as a way to buy time.

Amity's advantages/wincons
Has better book smarts and is overall a more experienced magic user.

Since Luz doesn't have her staff listed yet, Amity has the mobility advantage. She can fly while Luz cannot.

Amity could potentially incapacitate her with abomination goo.

Her abominations could be used to block attacks.

Her weapon creation gives her some close combat options.

I honestly think both have their own wincons and it could go either way(i'm leaning towards Luz though).
Oh yeah, I forgot Luz could do that with her light glyphs. Seeing how Luz has more wincons, I was wrong. I change my vote to Luz.

I should probably elaborate on what I mean when I say that Luz’s glyphs are more versatile. The glyphs operate on the premise of being able to bend to the user’s will. They will alter their properties to match whatever the user thinks of. With someone as creative as Luz, the glyphs have so many possible uses.

I think I’m going to go from leaning toward Luz to solidly voting for her. I’m voting Luz for my reasons above.

I should probably elaborate on what I mean when I say that Luz’s glyphs are more versatile. The glyphs operate on the premise of being able to bend to the user’s will. They will alter their properties to match whatever the user thinks of. With someone as creative as Luz, the glyphs have so many possible uses.

I think I’m going to go from leaning toward Luz to solidly voting for her. I’m voting Luz for my reasons above.
Counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back