• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luminous Being's regen

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
First off, with that level of regen they should certainly have Type 3 immortality.

Secondly, I don't think the reasoning is legit. From what I see, the reality mentioned there is just the one of the game, which certainly wouldn't be a Low 1-C one, as the Luminous Being is Low 1-C from transcending it. Secondly, one would need to first be destroyed in order to regenerate. Unless the Luminous Being was destroyed by the destruction of the setting, it shouldn't be regen.

I think it should have Type 5 as well if it doesn't already. But basically the reasoning behind that is even if for some reason it was written that the realm of the Luminous Being were destroyed in a module (custom or not) by their nature they would just come back anyway.

I mean does the LB even has such control as to be able to erase its own Low 1-C realm?

Well seeing as its plot manipulation is technically absolute (it's the DM in terms of existing in a meta-realm of the game world) I don't see why it wouldn't be. Maybe an addendum with "Likely High-Godly" would be better than the straight rating, though.

Considering that the reasoning for Low 1-C is based on transcending a High 2-A realm and based on the relation between a DM and the game world, I find it highly unlikely they could manipulate their own level of existence like they can with the High 2-A reality.

Though at least, a bit more reasoning would be good on the profile.

I don't see why they couldn't. After all, the LB is just the personification of the one who creates the plot and indeed, all plots. So if they wanted to have a being at the DM's level, they could. This level of Plot Manip is "Author level" in practice in that they are literally beyond anything else. I proposed to Dragon in a different thread that Low 1-C should be At least Low 1-C, possibly far higher, as one could create any number of higher abstract realms and by the DM's nature, they should transcend all of them.

As quoted by someone else, ranking the characters in terms of power:

"First is obviously the DM.

Second is Pun-Pun, the third edition character build that can make up new rules at will, and can only be beaten by the DM.

Third are the unstatted, who's only powers are "I win", and include beings like AO and the Lady of Pain.

Fourth is full progression spellcasting with large, ill-bounded spell lists. Intermediate Deities get more out of 17 levels of Wizard than they do from their divine ranks. At about Spell Level 5 it becomes easy and almost expected to be able to create infinite Wish loops, though clever builds can do it as early as Character Level 1. Epic Level Spellcasting is mostly a matter of convenience.

... What? Nobody said it couldn't be player mythology."

The problem with "Author level" being is that they can't affect their own level of reality by the very definition.

Honestly, I'd rather have concrete statements of them being able to destroy their level of reality entirely AND regenerating from it than just "I don't see why they couldn't".

The point of the matter is that this is a weird case. In "lore," the DM as a being is just the absolute overseer of the story and the verse as a whole, possessing total control of literally everything. It's like SCP-001 (SASP), but the fact is that their power has no limits within the context of their own setting. Even Pun-Pun, who is a being who can affect the nature of concepts in the verse, and is above characters like Ao, can still be effortlessly destroyed by the DM.

Pun-Pun can grant himself an ability as innocent as:

Tough it Out:
Benefit: If Pun-Pun would go unconscious due to any effect, he instead remains conscious.

Or, he could grant himself an ability as powerful as:

I Win:
Benefit: Pun-Pun cannot be harmed, directly or indirectly. Any act that would harm him automatically fails, at any place and at any given time. Further, Pun-Pun automatically succeeds at anything he attempts.

Given this level of power with Manipulate Form, it would be easy to say he can do anything and no one can stop him. Generally though, I (and most everyone else that has participated in this exercise) do not use this power of Manipulate Form. It is much more fun to stay within the abilities found in the rulebooks, and doing so allows others to challenge Pun-Pun with a sliver of a chance .

LordofProcrastination devised an interesting way to justify out of the ordinary abilities without simply conjuring them from thin air. 'Out of the ordinary abilities' is referring to abilities that would normally be found as supernatural or spell-like but instead granted to Pun-Pun as extraordinary.

For example, Manipulate Form is normally a supernatural ability. However, Pun-Pun could easily stay within the parameters set by Manipulate Form and grant himself an extraordinary version of Manipulate Form. The benefit being that Pun-Pun can make himself completely immune to all magic and supernatural effects without hindering the use of his own Manipulate Form ability.

This is all too easy though, so LordofProcrastination used the Epic Spell rules in the Epic Level Handbook to create a clever workaround. Here is the low down:

Okay, here's a little combo that will help clarify things even more for Pun-Pun. In particular, it will allow for the diversification of his abilities and get past some of the inherent rancor to the "sheer player-invention" aspect of Manipulate Form.

Premise 1: Pun-Pun has access to Epic Spellcasting, and can create any pretty much Epic Spell he imagines.

Premise 2: The Conjure, Fortify, and Life seeds can be used in conjunction to create entirely new creatures. Furthermore, these creatures can be given abilities based on any epic seed added which "replicates the desired ability." Whether these abilities are spell-like, supernatural, or extraordinary is up to the creator of the spell.

Premise 3: The Shadow Seed can replicate any spell and any individual. The Transform seed can reproduce any creature/creature's abilities. The Ward Seed can produce immunity to any and all spells. The Reflect Seed offers protection from all ranged, melee, and spell-like attacks. And so on and so forth.

Conclusion: Pun-Pun can create creatures with pretty much any ability, spell, or feature in any mode he desires, which can then be gained through the old Manipulate Form trick. Getting an (Ex) Manipulate Form ability should be first on the list, which would then mean that there's no worrying about gaining total magical immunity. Furthermore, this means that Pun-Pun no longer has to rely on active spells (epic or not), they can all be incorporated into himself as extraordinary (that is, non-magical) abilities of any duration/method of activation desired.

I see. Fair enough regarding the DM affecting its own world.

But I'd still like to see what you mean by "The very nature of his being means he will come back". All of your proofs regarding this seems mostly theoretical.

Back