• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile Deletion (Potentially the WWE-verse with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me reiterate: I don't think y'all make up a significant fraction of VS debating.

And I don't think they should, as I don't think any persona ought to be allowed.

Gonna cut my replying here, since it's been circling the drain for a bit. If it's being taken to a vote, put me staunchly in "no". WWE profiles are an embarrassment for the wiki and its policies, little else.
Why are you lumping me into this lol, the only time I've looked at a WWE match was when I had to for a versus match lmfao

Then I respect your opinion, agree to disagree mate

Why are you lumping me into this lol, the only time I've looked at a WWE match was when I had to for a versus match lmfao

Then I respect your opinion, agree to disagree mate
I mentally lump anyone arguing in favor of WWE as a WWE-supporter, 'pologies. I still think you'd have to be pretty disconnected from VS debating to assume they're like some major sub-group of all people- our wiki here is a great microcosm, I think, for gauging interest in verses. WWE is pretty minor compared to weebshit and capeshit. I've seen less chatter abroad of WWE than even D&D, which is sayin' something.

If you cannot discern the difference between an acting role and an assumed persona then I would like to ask you to stop arguing on the matter. The stage personas of these individuals is just them. They are themselves. Their names are interchangeable.
Give me a damn good reason as to why The Undertaker, a wrestler with Supernatural powers like Teleportation, summoning lightning, can literally come back from the dead, and is quite literally referred to as 'The Deadman' is just... Mark Calaway?

How in the flying **** is The Undertaker just Mark Calaway?

How is 'The Fiend', another Supernatural being with Supernatural powers relatively similar to The Undertaker's, just Windham Lawrence Rotunda?

And how is Kane, the kayfabe brother of The Undertaker, also a wrestler with Supernatural powers, just Glenn Jacobs, the current Mayor of Knox County, Tennessee?

I can somewhat see your point with Markiplier. I haven't watched a video from him in years, but from what I can remember, isn't his whole character just playing... himself?

Thing is that's not the same as WWE guys, who play completely different personas from their IRL selves.
My take is and will remain that our rules barring stage personas are perfectly fine, and that WWE absolutely falls under them- allowing it this long has been a fluke.
With all due respect, pushing an appeal to the masses as the main reason to allow these profiles doesn't sway my judgement one bit. The wiki has rules for a litany of reasons: to maintain its integrity, to prevent negative elements from having their way, and so on
Or, hear me out...

We actually had a discussion with multiple people (including staff) about having WWE/Pro Wrestling profiles before we even made a single profile, and while they were a bit reluctant at first, they were perfectly fine with WWE existing as a verse?

We didn't just login to this forum and say "You know what? I'm going to make WWE profiles", we actually had discussions with staff about the verse being viable enough to make profiles on, and they all okay'd it. It wasn't just some miracle. Hell, our first WWE profile (John Cena) was initially deleted by Ant, but after we told him why the profile exists, as well as telling him it got approved by credible people, the profile went back up.

Logan Paul in general is a controversial person, and we did have a previous thread about it. And while we do allow WWE profiles due to them being scripted plots and what not with the wrestlers being characters, Logan Paul cameo is similar to making Trump cameos from Family Guy which we agreed to be too controversial. So I do agree with the deletion.
I think the profile should be removed (which is presumably much to Randomguy's chagrin, lol) but how is Logan Paul comparable to Trump?
Without getting into politics, I'll just say he did a couple bad things and got arrested recently, compared to Logan Paul who's only known for one particularly stupid decision.

Or, hear me out...

We actually had a discussion with multiple people (including staff) about having WWE/Pro Wrestling profiles before we even made a single profile, and while they were a bit reluctant at first, they were perfectly fine with WWE existing as a verse?

We didn't just login to this forum and say "You know what? I'm going to make WWE profiles", we actually had discussions with staff about the verse being viable enough to make profiles on, and they all okay'd it. It wasn't just some miracle. Hell, our first WWE profile (John Cena) was initially deleted by Ant, but after we told him why the profile exists, as well as telling him it got approved by credible people, the profile went back up.
Didn't say you didn't, you just read it as though I did. I did say they're an embarrassment and should not have been approved. We have rules against 'em.

The stuff above is just rehashing the same repeated ad nauseam stuff that's already been asked/answered on this thread so I will default to my past stance- if it's coming down to a vote, I vote no.

so basically, no plays are going to be on here? cool
I'd definitely be against adding Broadway actors for the simple basis that they are signed up with X performing company, for sure, though plays also aren't really as good and pure a comparison as other personas- YouTubers are a great choice. Individuals like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye absolutely integrate faux supernatural elements into their routines (the whole Darkiplier and Anti shit from ages past), we would not allow a profile for them. Of course it's scripted. Nobody is arguing it isn't, it's just people need to keep hitting these strawmen in order to justify the WWE profiles- we need to pretend the issues with them are different from what they are so that we can argue in favor of their existence.

Like I said, a damn embarrassment.

About Darkiplier,

A damn embarrassment?
I'd say it's more of one to claim someone's character is the same as them just because it's real life and they don't have a shit ton of differences in behavior.
Let's also not forget that one of the people arguing for your case literally compared a wrestler to a terrorist lmfao

I forgot I was trying to argue for Bambu's case and not counter it but I suppose I can be neutral now

I'd definitely be against adding Broadway actors for the simple basis that they are signed up with X performing company, for sure, though plays also aren't really as good and pure a comparison as other personas- YouTubers are a great choice. Individuals like Markiplier and Jacksepticeye absolutely integrate faux supernatural elements into their routines (the whole Darkiplier and Anti shit from ages past), we would not allow a profile for them. Of course it's scripted. Nobody is arguing it isn't, it's just people need to keep hitting these strawmen in order to justify the WWE profiles- we need to pretend the issues with them are different from what they are so that we can argue in favor of their existence.

Like I said, a damn embarrassment.
I don't mean Broadway plays. I mean classical plays. like Macbeth and stuff.

My overall stance on a Logan Paul profile existing is neutral, leaning towards disagreeing.

However, my stance on the Pro Wrestling verse existing is 100% a yes.

The verse, like most if not all verses on the wiki, have characters with lore attached to them, have consistent feats of strength, speed, durability, power, etc. to powerscale them, and consistent storylines that happen on a weekly basis.

They're different from YouTube personas who'll occasionally show a crazy feat of strength or speed as a one-off gag, or don't show any consistent storylines. They're just like any other verse on this wiki.

WWE profiles are an embarrassment for the wiki and its policies, little else.
Do NOT say this shit as if we didn't just have a whole 1 and a half page discussion about a series that has literal **** and rape in it being on the wiki?
But okay, WWE is an embarrassment.
This is absolutely ******* sad how some of y'all act a fool when it comes to something as goofy and uncontroversial as WWE, but we let pedos run rampant on the forum and various animangas that have sexual content are allowed on the wiki.

About Darkiplier,
I am not referring to Markiplier's experimental video games.

I am referring to things like old skits in which he portrayed Darkiplier. I'm aware he's integrated some of these older characters into feature works- if there were some movie made by WWE, feature-length and whatnot, I suppose that, too, would be a different story in which I find myself less vehemently against it.

Do NOT say this shit as if we didn't just have a whole 1 and a half page discussion about a series that has literal **** and rape in it being on the wiki?
But okay, WWE is an embarrassment.
this is such a ******* dogass take oml I even voted to delete that one too

Surprise surprise, there can be multiple embarrassments. Moving on, and in the future do please try to stay on topic.

This aside, for staff votes:

Kill: Mr. Bambu, Antvasima, Deagonx (Logan, leaning towards it for WWE as a whole), Damage3245

Keep: Qawsedf234 (Including Logan Paul), Tllmbrg, Agnaa, LephyrTheRevanchist

Neutral/Don't Care: ByAsura

As for the rest of you voting: with all due respect, please do not spam the thread. Your voices have been heard, rejected by some and embraced by others. Matters such as this are for staff votes.

Last edited:
Actually, what was the reason for AVGN's deletion? It's very much a distinct character from the actor, and he has plenty of different feats under his belt.
Stage. Persona.

Probably no consistent story line and use of copyrighted characters
All characters that have been featured are clearly parodies of the actual ones. Do you really expect Bugs Bunny to shit on AVGN? As far as consistent storyline, almost all of Spongebob doesn't follow one either, along with every other episodic show.
Stage. Persona.
I might be a dumbass, but could you explain what the difference between a stage persona and a character is?

A person taking on qualities they would not otherwise possess as a form of "mask" when performing.

A fictional entity.

Logan Paul is a stage persona. He is still Logan Paul.

James Bond is a character. He is James Bond regardless of who portrays him.

so no fresh prince of bel-air profiles? amazing
You're aware, of course, that Will Smith is not portraying the new Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Because it is a fictional character.

And not Will Smith.

WWE Supporters Try Not To Dismantle Their Own Argument Challenge (Fully Impossible)

I don't think King is a WWE supporter lmao.
I don't particularly care. This is all side chatter but the comparison was genuinely so deliberately devoid of seeing the point that it bore calling attention to, ****'s sake guys.

Moving on from the peanut gallery: staff votes.

A person taking on qualities they would not otherwise possess as a form of "mask" when performing.

A fictional entity.

Logan Paul is a stage persona. He is still Logan Paul.

James Bond is a character. He is James Bond regardless of who portrays him.
I’m honestly don’t care enough to argue for Logan Paul, but this definition does not fit AVGM lol. AVGN is not “still James” they are entirely different people who have differing personalities and such.

I’m honestly don’t care enough to argue for Logan Paul, but this definition does not fit AVGM lol. AVGN is not “still James” they are entirely different people who have differing personalities and such.
You may want to read the link provided. What you are describing is a stage persona. Moving on.

Gonna be honest, I find this thread to grow increasingly more uh, disappointing. Not that I am in much of a position to speak, but, certain people advocating for the Deletion of the verse kind of seem to be acting, somewhat rude and unreasonably un-willing to change in regards to their stance on the matter. I would also have suggested that those against the verse take the whole "Delete WWE" nonsense to a different thread, as this can be seen as a form of derailing, but we're reaching a point well past that bargaining stage, huh?

I'll just say it here, WWE is, in essence, just a Fictional TV show with a Live Audience to get some reaction. The line between a Stage Persona and Character becomes increasingly thin as this goes on; As it really just looks like the difference is that one is played by one person exclusively in front of other's in a live audience, and the other could be played by multiple to a digital audience (A frankly minuscule difference in my and numerous other people's eye's)... But then we have Lucha Wrestler's who, correct me if I'm wrong, often may take up the mantle and Persona of their parent or relative to some degree, further stretching the line.

While my vote may not matter, I firmly believe that WWE is just fine as a verse, and frankly, no offense, but some of you guy's could do with being a bit less... Stubborn and difficult to work with. Consider this a official (Albeit likely seen as unimportant) critique. Sitting down and at least considering the notion of re discussing these rules seems like a rather reasonable course of events, is it not?

And before you say anything, I am not a official supporter of WWE on the wiki. Do I gleam some enjoyment every now and again from a show? Maybe. But I couldn't care less about power scaling them to be honest.

Gonna be honest, I find this thread to grow increasingly more uh, disappointing. Not that I am in much of a position to speak, but, certain people advocating for the Deletion of the verse kind of seem to be acting, somewhat rude and unreasonably un-willing to change in regards to their stance on the matter. I would also have suggested that those against the verse take the whole "Delete WWE" nonsense to a different thread, as this can be seen as a form of derailing, but we're reaching a point well past that bargaining stage, huh?

I'll just say it here, WWE is, in essence, just a Fictional TV show with a Live Audience to get some reaction. The line between a Stage Persona and Character becomes increasingly thin as this goes on; As it really just looks like the difference is that one is played by one person exclusively in front of other's in a live audience, and the other could be played by multiple to a digital audience (A frankly minuscule difference in my and numerous other people's eye's)... But then we have Lucha Wrestler's who, correct me if I'm wrong, often may take up the mantle and Persona of their parent or relative to some degree, further stretching the line.

While my vote may not matter, I firmly believe that WWE is just fine as a verse, and frankly, no offense, but some of you guy's could do with being a bit less... Stubborn and difficult to work with. Consider this a official (Albeit likely seen as unimportant) critique. Sitting down and at least considering the notion of re discussing these rules seems like a rather reasonable course of events, is it not?

And before you say anything, I am not a official supporter of WWE on the wiki. Do I gleam some enjoyment every now and again from a show? Maybe. But I couldn't care less about power scaling them to be honest.
A staff member not changing their position because quite a lot of other people (most of whom have shown themselves to not understand what is even being argued) would rather they did can be as disappointing as you please. I do not really care. Nobody here has given any viable reason to change, except perhaps that they think I should.

WWE is a stage play. What we index are actors. This should not be so. It is no different than the examples provided- rather than counter that point, people have just been offering more and more flawed comparisons.

Your dissent is noted and disregarded.

Guess I'll drop my two cents on the matter since I have no horse to back here

I think the verse is fine to stand since from what I understand there are scripts and an actual canon. Correct me if I'm wrong but all the matches of a certain show like WrestleMania are canonical to one another aye?
So to me it is as okay as say a profile for a theater play idk

WWE is a stage play. What we index are actors.
image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back