• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luke fon Fabre vs. Lucius the Eternal

I'd say it seems the only people who can have a fair, non stomp fight with Lucius are people who resist Possession, which is fairly rare to my knowledge.

Possession resistance is probably not rare. But iirc there used to be an argument of how it's "a power granted by a Tier 1" much like Kharne's power nullification or so, and that just basically means "No f u, no possession resist for you". If I'm right on the end there. If not, well, still gonna need anti-possession peeps.

Lucius loses hard to things like BFR.

The conditions you need for him to possesses you is that you need to feel emotions and have a body, pretty sure those were it. You hard counter him if you're a psychopath or something.

Non Corporeals would also counter him then? Also, yeah, BFR would work too, I guess. A question though, what is the range of his possession, like, would he possess the attacker if they were a universe away or something?

Also, I don't know of many characters with Possession resistance, Mind Manip is far more common.

There was confusion about how exactly his powers worked because of his inconsistencies. People assumed that his power is directly determined by Slaanesh, and that spread like hellfire and became a mess.

@Ogbun's previous response

That makes sense. Though aside from literally one guy, what other people has he possessed? I think a psycopath who would relish killing would be likelier to be possessed to be honest.

@Divine

I'm not sure. Information about how far he can possess seems flaky.

And didn't know that huh. Well regardless there should be an existing wincon for someone, but even then in a battle to the death, unless that person has knowledge beforehand a battle can be one sided one way or the other.

@Ogbun latest response

Thank you for clarifying and glad it's fixed then.

Yeah he probably cant possess something without a body.

It stems from Slaanesh being directly responsible for the effect. This lets the writers write themselves out of basically anything, but shouldn't be assumed to instantly mean "lol tier 1 possession" or something.

Being a psychopath wouldn't counter it though, he can possess slaaneshi cultists and shit fine. Someone like Crowe or a Culexus assassin that just doesn't have emotions probably would.

Even psychopaths might have some kind of emotional reaction so that's true. But I meant anyone that doesn't feel anything would hard counter him. Considering he is very weak durability wise because he made himself weaker so that he could die easier.

Yeah I agree with that and was arguing for that lol @ latest response

I also feel like anyone who doesn't want to kill or has never killed before are unlikely to trigger it unless they are in some way related to the killing item (like say they created the item and are proud of it being used properly) but even that is a slippery slope. Which honestly, would make Lucius more fun if you toss him against a verse instead of 1 person. It makes it fairer and more interesting how he'll take them on.

@Ogun

That's definitely immune to his possession then.

The Divine Phoenix said:
A question though, what is the range of his possession, like, would he possess the attacker if they were a universe away or something?
Could I get an answer to this?

@Wok Luke has faced against Sync, who did everything in his power to make the cast hate him, but he never felt satisfaction in killing him.

I think the longest range of which it worked was on the mine worker. And the distance is kinda, unclear. It was said he came home after an hour or something and after that he got possessed, take that however you want.

So probably not a universe away it seems, got it, interesting, so someone who could snipe from that distance could probably win too.

You can probably assume a sort of distance if they display any name locations of where Lucius was after that. I don't think its gonna be as easy as planetary though, but guesswork like that might lead to just speculation.

Was any time frame given at all?

Back