• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Luffy's fist size is underestimated, and the speed at which he swung his fist is underestimated.

We can see here in the scan used for the posted calc on the attack
main-qimg-19180d409845a4cd5a49606ad6809af0-pjlq

the post uses the fist size in this panel but this fist size is way bigger than it looks

In this panel, Kaido is in his magma form where his entire body was encased in magma increasing his size by a lot!
We can see the size difference in the bottom right corner of this panel when comparing to Momonosuke at the bottom of onigashima and when looking at the middle of the panel with his
clash with Luffy.
main-qimg-2d04cfc997699384dcffe46e28b56ca1-lq

If you look carefully you can see Kaido's true body in the shadow of his attacks full size and it makes Luffy fist look smaller
Therefore I think Luffy's fist should be recalculated to a bigger size, plus in these panels, his fist is contracted
it is not even at full length.

Now regarding the angle of the swing, the calc posted says it was over 90 degrees but looking back it is a clear over 270-degree swing
this should increase the speed of the attack and the force generated along with Luffy's lifting strength.
Here we can see the fist cocked all the way up
8511053-screenshot_20220526-061515_tachiyomi.jpg

Then when he swings and hits Kaido his knuckles are facing the complete opposite direction and angled to the right side meaning at least over 180 degrees
8511060-onepiece-chapter1049-12.jpg

I also should add, the energy outputted by this attack should be way higher due to these reassessments, and including the fact that this punch was miles in the sky, it had to overpower Kaido's
attack, launch him all the way down, miles into the ground, and then below sea level, and it seems it was ignored that when Kaido hit the magma chamber his impact
created an explosion down there creating a huge crater,

This attack should at least be moon+ Since it is Multi-Continental Plus currently and if Luffy were to actually hit the surface it would cause way more damage to a celestial object.
Thank you

Considering that the calc is far below the current used value, i doubt any of this will get a higher result

The original calc is like 4.5 petatons whereas we scale it to ~6 exatons

I don't think you know how angles work. I admit 90° is not proper whatsoever, but 270°? Do you even know what that means? Luffy's fist would need to go all the way to his back, and then almost to the opposite side, almost a full rotation.

Since 90° from a punch downwards would go to his right side, and Luffy goes past it ever so slightly, 120° is better.

Also, the size is appropriate, you can't just claim it's inaccurate without any meaningful reason. The extension of the fist is not relevant, since we can calculate it just with it's width with ISL

Before we can even begin to consider this, you need to calc the actual speed.

Also, like @TioKill said, it didn't go in back of Luffy so it's definitely not 270 degrees.

Before we can even begin to consider this, you need to calc the actual speed.

Also, like @TioKill said, it didn't go in back of Luffy so it's definitely not 270 degrees.
More like at least180 degrees the fist did face the opposite side with a slight curve to the right,

I don't think you know how angles work. I admit 90° is not proper whatsoever, but 270°? Do you even know what that means? Luffy's fist would need to go all the way to his back, and then almost to the opposite side, almost a full rotation.

Since 90° from a punch downwards would go to his right side, and Luffy goes past it ever so slightly, 120° is better.

Also, the size is appropriate, you can't just claim it's inaccurate without any meaningful reason. The extension of the fist is not relevant, since we can calculate it just with it's width with ISL
Im new to this but since the post used a fist calc used panels where luffys fist is minimized in perspective I think its size is bigger

Im new to this but since the post used a fist calc used panels where luffys fist is minimized in perspective I think its size is bigger
That doesn't make any sense, it's still scaled relative to anything on screen. Just because something looks smaller doesn't mean it's being portrayed smaller

That doesn't make any sense, it's still scaled relative to anything on screen. Just because something looks smaller doesn't mean it's being portrayed smaller
Working on the calc rn probs will take some time

I think Luffy's fist size is underestimated, and the speed at which he swung his fist is underestimated.

We can see here in the scan used for the posted calc on the attack
main-qimg-19180d409845a4cd5a49606ad6809af0-pjlq

the post uses the fist size in this panel but this fist size is way bigger than it looks

In this panel, Kaido is in his magma form where his entire body was encased in magma increasing his size by a lot!
We can see the size difference in the bottom right corner of this panel when comparing to Momonosuke at the bottom of onigashima and when looking at the middle of the panel with his
clash with Luffy.
main-qimg-2d04cfc997699384dcffe46e28b56ca1-lq

If you look carefully you can see Kaido's true body in the shadow of his attacks full size and it makes Luffy fist look smaller
Therefore I think Luffy's fist should be recalculated to a bigger size, plus in these panels, his fist is contracted
it is not even at full length.

Now regarding the angle of the swing, the calc posted says it was over 90 degrees but looking back it is a clear over 270-degree swing
this should increase the speed of the attack and the force generated along with Luffy's lifting strength.
Here we can see the fist cocked all the way up
8511053-screenshot_20220526-061515_tachiyomi.jpg

Then when he swings and hits Kaido his knuckles are facing the complete opposite direction and angled to the right side meaning at least over 180 degrees
8511060-onepiece-chapter1049-12.jpg

I also should add, the energy outputted by this attack should be way higher due to these reassessments, and including the fact that this punch was miles in the sky, it had to overpower Kaido's
attack, launch him all the way down, miles into the ground, and then below sea level, and it seems it was ignored that when Kaido hit the magma chamber his impact
created an explosion down there creating a huge crater,

This attack should at least be moon+ Since it is Multi-Continental Plus currently and if Luffy were to actually hit the surface it would cause way more damage to a celestial object.
Thank you
https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8JoYFR6/ moon level (it is a calc)

In all seriousness, looking at the video, they got to the value of 126 Exatons of TNT by using the currently calced 4.4 Petatons, multiplying it by 2 because it was evenly clashing with Kaido's Kaen Daiko, multiplying that by 143.56 for some reason (because it was continuously contacting Kaido for the entire distance to the ground or something???), and then tacking on the ground destruction which was basically negligible.

So no, it's Not Moon level.

I have only 1 single issue with the calc, and it's the fact that this calc uses a slower speed than Luffy's Golden Rifle calc. While the result likely won't be much different, I find it hard to believe that he swings with heavy weights attached 7 times faster than he would with his regular body.

Otherwise the calc seems good tbh

I have only 1 single issue with the calc, and it's the fact that this calc uses a slower speed than Luffy's Golden Rifle calc. While the result likely won't be much different, I find it hard to believe that he swings with heavy weights attached 7 times faster than he would with his regular body.

I mean he literally has an island sized fist.

I mean he literally has an island sized fist.
which he carries and swings with far less issue than he did with the golden ball. Luffy held Bajrang gun above his head without looking bothered at all, hell he let go of Kaido and stayed in the air while it hovered there. Vs the golden ball which brought him down with its weight twice before he toughened up and carried it anyway.

which he carries and swings with far less issue than he did with the golden ball. Luffy held Bajrang gun above his head without looking bothered at all, hell he let go of Kaido and stayed in the air while it hovered there. Vs the golden ball which brought him down with its weight twice before he toughened up and carried it anyway.
Fair, but regardless, @ElajRuengies makes many good points for the errors in the calc.

Even just the "multiplying the result by 2" part is absurd.

I think The speed of bajrang gun is mhs+ because their is lighting on it

That's literally nonsense, the Golden Ball calc itself uses a speed below what Luffy's combat speed even scales to - you don't cross-scale fan calculations like that, that's calc stacking and makes the absurd assumption that Oda is aware of the value given off by the calculation.

That's literally nonsense, the Golden Ball calc itself uses a speed below what Luffy's combat speed even scales to - you don't cross-scale fan calculations like that, that's calc stacking and makes the absurd assumption that Oda is aware of the value given off by the calculation.
Oda is aware?? How do you know

If we can get the speed of the attack to light speed or near light speed due to the size of the fist the attack would be large planetary I am really busy with school stuff rn so the original calc I was working on will have to wait for a bit
Lighting speed seem valid because it had lighting around it

And i think there are two speeds the first is for the clash and the second is for when luffy overpowers kaido and hit his face that second speed might be FTL because kaido couldnt dodge it and he was shocked at the speed of the fist

And i think there are two speeds the first is for the clash and the second is for when luffy overpowers kaido and hit his face that second speed might be FTL because kaido couldnt dodge it and he was shocked at the speed of the fist
And that would be large planetary due simple physics calc on the size and the KE and how much joules it takes to break the binding energy of the planet

And in that scan u sent it says it can be felt a thousand miles away doesnt that add to the ke
I have calculated that feat here is it
1000 miles = 1609.344km
Low-end(2 min): (1.225/120^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 171 petatons. Multi-Continent level
Mid-end(1 min): (1.225/60^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 687 petatons. Multi-Continent level
High-end(30secs): (1.225/30^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 2.75 exatons. Multi-Continent level+

Sincerely, that's not how that works.
If we can get the speed of the attack to light speed or near light speed due to the size of the fist the attack would be large planetary I am really busy with school stuff rn so the original calc I was working on will have to wait for a bit
No.

Kaido couldn't dodge it because the fist was the size of an island, and he had been in constant contact with it (technically he was contacting Luffy's Haki but same thing in this case) the entire time before Luffy's fist decompressed.

It was not moving at Lightspeed.
I have calculated that feat here is it
1000 miles = 1609.344km
Low-end(2 min): (1.225/120^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 171 petatons. Multi-Continent level
Mid-end(1 min): (1.225/60^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 687 petatons. Multi-Continent level
High-end(30secs): (1.225/30^2) x (1609344/1.05)^5 = 2.75 exatons. Multi-Continent level+
I already addressed your shockwave calc in another post.

The OP's "proposal" has been thoroughly addressed now. Can we please close this thread?

Last edited:
Yeah no, unless it's stated that the electricity amp boosts the speed, then no reason to assume.
Just gotta wait 'till the anime adapts the punch tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back