• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy MAJOR upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I stumbled across a YouTube video that discussed some interesting feats of luffy and some other characters that would most definitely be useful information to this wiki. Here is the link below.

https://youtu.be/NCmp0wVAvOI

I take no credit for the video, this was someone else's highly informative hard work. The video is not too lengthy and I recommend it for one piece fans (so that the viewer won't feel like they wasted their time).

For those that don't have time or don't want to watch (which is fine), the video is basically describing the following below for the character Luffy (and could possibly scale to other characters in the series):

LUFFY

Attack potency: CONTINENT LEVEL

Speed: Speed of Light

(Calculations for results added in video description. I take no credit for them.)

Anyway, feel free to openly express your views in the comments below. Thank you all for your time.

possibly agreeing with the speed rating but no for continental level if its from a certain scaling with a certain feat

Hi there AstralKing7,

The continent level AP was from luffy destroying dolflamingo's string. There are also calcs that were added in the description.

AstralKing7,

Awesome, is there anyone that you know that will also be interested in this thread? BTW, thank you very much for commenting on my post.

Ridiculous, as usual.

Speed: The topic was already discussed, and calculations put Luffy and Zoro at barely sub-relativistic. Not light speed. And that's assuming Kuma's palm blasts ARE light speed (repelling an object such as air at light speed does not mean it will travel at light speed for more than the initial burst). And using the "hundredfold" to justify speed... really? Use your head. I shouldn't have to go into detail why this is incredibly illogical and horribly explained.

This is the same Youtuber that suggested Ulquiorra to be some hundreds of thousands of times stronger than his base form in Segunda Etapa off of baseless logic, iirc.

Attack Potency: "Continent level" - Lol. Don't make me laugh. Both calculations he mentions are nothing close to continent level. Doflamingo's bird-cage sucking up the AP from the meteorites (fully) would be Island level. King Kong Gun is arguably Large Mountain level (scaling issues).

Hmm? To me he seemed well informed and provided lots of evidence, he actually reminded me of staff in this wiki (how they take supporting evidence very seriously and dig deep in the source material).

It is. We have another thread with this same topic and we reached the same conclusions.

Lolnope.

"well informed and provided lots of evidence"

First off, dodging light speed attacks does not automatically = light speed. Again, the calculations result in Sub-relativistic speed at most (around 4~5% the speed of light).

The AP calculations are, again, Island level at most. He pulled "Continent level" from a ridiculous calculation I DID when we used the planet size being around the size of Jupiter or the Sun. And I'm telling you he is outright WRONG (The values were Country tier anyways, and even if we calc-stacked using the speed a meteorite must have moved to make a crater [requiring x energy] to further justify higher speeds, it would still be Island tier).

Also, he takes 3D2Y "Hundredfold" to imply Luffy moved hundreds of times faster, when that ability clearly applies to Attack Power, and it does not multiply object size by literal hundreds of times. He clearly wanked this DF power.

Doflamingo said Luffy's attacks were several times stronger, not that he was several times faster.

So no, he's not informed nor did he provide any sufficient evidence. He compared strength growth to speed growth and used hundreds of multipliers for no other reason than to wank.

End of story. We're done here.

"Doflamingo said Luffy's attacks were several times stronger, not that he was several times faster.", so what your saying it that gear 4 luffy never got faster ? , so gear 4 luffy = gear second luffy in terms of speed lol

No, G4 is obviously faster than G2. Doflamingo was dodging G2 attacks with ease while G4 was blitzing him. There's no statement about his speed, he's just far faster than before.

There are some slight differences in the Calcs he uses compared to the ones on Vsbattles (One Piece) regarding planet size, Fujitora' Meteors, and Doflamingo' strings. I'll post them, specifically since he is using them from a lad called birdofhermes13 (if that is Cin just on a different website, sorry I guess?)

One Piece Planet Calculation: https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/one-piece-planet-parameters/

Fujitora's Meteor and Birdcage:https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/fujitoras-meteor-and-birdcages-durability/

Doflamingo's Strings (They also include that of Luffy feats as well): https://birdofhermes13.wordpress.com/2018/08/12/doflamingos-strings/

I do think it is a bit interesting to read, however, I do agree with a decent portion of the judgments already stated within the thread. As the thread poster stated, I take no credits.

No, it's not Cin. He's Man from Shadows, a guy who tends to inflate calcs to hell and back.

Man of Shadows outright wanks these feats, and uses faulty scaling. Don't even try to use that as a solid argument. It's basically a meme at this point.

In regards to Gear 4th, yes it is faster than Gear 2nd (Nothing implies 3x speed gap, only power), but Doflamingo had already admitted that Luffy in base was already faster than him, and caught Doflamingo off-guard (But this only applies to a weakened Doflamingo as he previously outsped even Gear 2nd Luffy).

Stop trying to take an obvious POWER statement and trying to relate it to speed. That's like saying the Flash's AP multiplies as his speed increases. But anyways, "Several" can be between 3 and 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back