• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For some reason it links to Season 2 Baam.

Go to Season 3.

Well, I will point out the advantages that both have:

Devour boi advantages: AP, Piercing Damage, Homing Attack, Danmaku, Shinsoo Barriers, Durability, Experience, Range Combat, Versatility, Reactive Power Level

Rubber boi advantages: Precog, Speed, can get faster as Snakeman during the fight, Accelerated Development, Regenerationn (?), Afterimage Creation

Where both might be comparable in stats and powers: Dura Negation (Goken and Piercing Technique could be comparable in their destructive power, but in general Baam's Dura Negation should be somewhat superior to Luffy's), CQC skills, Flight, Range, Stamina (Baam trained for three weeks in a mental plane and also "fought" against GoG for 1 month off-panel and Luffy is comparable if not superior to Ace and Jinbe, that could fight for straight 5 days)

If speed is unequal Luffy would get the advantage just like Katakuri did with Dorian.

Doesn't Baam resist precog?

The Calaca said:
If speed is unequal Luffy would get the advantage just like Katakuri did with Dorian.
Doesn't Baam resist precog?
But speed is equal, I think, since OP appears that has not yet decided

Clairvoyance and Precog are somewhat similar or is the former superior to the latter?

If

I suppose Clairvoyance is more like prophetic awareness. Dunno the details of the resistance so I can't tell if it'd work.

No intent to kill so maybe Luffy's CoO could become passive since he won't lose his temper trying to kill the enemy like in his fight against Kaido. This can probably counter some Baam techniques like danmaku.

Rei Rubro said:
No intent to kill so maybe Luffy's CoO could become passive since he won't lose his temper trying to kill the enemy like in his fight against Kaido. This can probably counter some Baam techniques like danmaku.
Doesn't Luffy usually lose his temper when the opponents he fights against last much longer than he thought? Correct me if I'm wrong

That's not a thing. He doesn't lose his temper even if he's losing. If the enemy pisses him off in some way, then he might lose his cool and yell by pure rage, but that's more tied to plot reasons.

Since both started 4km away from each other, I see Baam being prone to using his ranged shinsoo control skills against Ruffy to take advantage and spam Giant Shinsoo Orb and Water Dragons, it is noted that virtually most of the shinsoo techniques that Baam uses in the season 3, are ominidirectional and may end up dominating the Mugiwara before it gets close to him, Goken will not be very useful against shinsoo attacks, although he can disperse Baam's attacks, the devour boi can simply the Water Dragon variants to not have his shinsoo weakened with each attack and could overwhelm Luffy at the ponit to make him back to his original state, to consequently overpower him with his shinsoo without any problem to have a chance to stab Luffy by increasing the size of his blade hitting some part of his body causing him to lose a lot of blood, thus causing the Straw Hat to faint from blood loss.

Although otherwise, if Luffy manages to be able to reach a range capable of hand-to-hand combat with Baam, I doubt Mugiwara will leave an opening for him to defend or attack, as due to the precog he can know how dangerous Baam's physical attacks are for him, and Luffy will eventually realize that Baam doesn't have much control with his transformation, Straw Hat will use a King Kong Gun + Goken combination (which unlike the normal King Kong Gun, doesn't transform him to his base state) to clash with Baam's blade and break it and then dominate him in close bombat preventing him from using his Floral Butterfly Piercing Technique correctly or just dodge from it, then using Goken to bypass Baam superior durability to make him pass out

Very inconclusive to me

Oh yeah, Shinsoo is dispersed with Forcefields. If Luffy notices, he'd capitalize that to prevent getting tagged.

I go with puffy because of the new khaki he leads and also better hand to hand combat if luffy gets close i would only take one punch to the mid-section to put beam down

Luffy will probably think Baam's shinsoo may be water, considering he doesn't know what shinsoo is and this is pretty much like water, then he will try to avoid being engulfed by it, besides, Baam can just stand still and use shinsoo spam while Luffy will have to get tired dodging the Water Dragons and Giant Shinsoo Orb attack to get close to him, plus Baam has a considerable boost of AP and Durability with First Thorn Boost, Luffy's Goken will have a hard time bypassing Baam's blade + Shinwonryu combination, as shinsoo covering his blade can neutralizing the effects of Goken

By the way, I change my vote, I see Baam winning mostly because of shinsoo versatility + AP and also somewhat of RPL, through with high-diff

But doesn't Goken nulls Shinsoo? It's basically a dura-negating forcefield which is Shinsoo's weakness.

Baam's main issue is that he's now at a speed disadvantage against an opponent who can constantly amp his speed and watch his movements seconds before he can perform them. Goken is the lesser of the problems since Luffy would just attack before Baam even thinks about using the sword.

BTW, what are the Black March and the Enryu's Thorns? Are those something like weapons?

Yeah, I still have to read ToG, sorry Enryu

The Calaca said:
BTW, what are the Black March and the Enryu's Thorns? Are those something like weapons?
Yeah, I still have to read ToG, sorry Enryu
Black March and Enryu's Thorns are somewhat weapons that Baam could use to powering himself, the Black March is a big black needle and the Enryu's Thorns are ... red thorns that appears in his back that when he active its, but so far in the season 3 he used only one of those, which was First Thorn Boost, as no enemy he fought currently until now forced him to use all three weapons at the same time, this was probably due more to his stubbornness and other factor

OK

Nope, since the thorns and baam became "one," practically Baam is a living weapon and you can't have the thorn taken from him if you don't use a certain process to separate him from his thorns, which is melting Baam alive

note: the speed is unequalized now

The Calaca said:
What about the needle?
What's his ap, btw?
It is currently unknown whether he has absorbed the needle into his body or is simply keep it in an unknown place, but he would not use the Black March anyway

Baam is a threat to Gado, who is a great obstacle to Baylord Paul who was relieved to know that he would not have to confront him, Paul could tanked Karaka's explosion at epicenter and leaving unscathed and the latter could contented Yuri, that has a feat of 5,972 Teratons

Simply put, Baam's downscaling from 5,972 Teratons

Okay, so what abilities are out of the question if BM isn't used?

He holds ap here, then. Luffy's downscaling from 2.5 Teratons.

The Calaca said:
Okay, so what abilities are out of the question if BM isn't used?
He holds ap here, then. Luffy's downscaling from 2.5 Teratons.
These:

Power Nullification (Shinwonryu Orb is able to nullify Perception Manipulation of Charlie), Limited Weapon Creation (Unconsciously can create multiple black needles), Black March has Resistance to Magic Negation (The enchantment on the 13 Months is a spell so powerful that not even the Floor Guardians can break)

Yeah, but Baam's downscaling is bigger than Luffy's anyway

So at best he'd negate Luffy's resistance to heat and electricity, since those are the energy-based resistances he possess Baam could negate.

I'll list Luffy's advantages here:

- Superior speed.

- Speed amps.

- Precognition.

- Range.

- Forcefields.

- Superior CQC skill.

- Lifting Strength.

- Durability Negation.

Back