• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucina vs The Inquisitor: The Leader of the Inquisition vs The Hero of Future Past

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Lucina (Fire Emblem) vs The Inquisitor (Dragon Age). I'm gonna be a bit pissed if this is another stomp...

Lucina in her Future Past Base key (7-C) vs Early Game Warrior Inquisitor (Low 7-C, likely 7-C)

Rules:

Speed Equalised

Win by Death or Incap (Might change this to just death later, unsure right now)

Both start 40 meters away from each other.

Lucina: 1 (DarkDragonMedeus)

The-future-past-lucina-awakes
Inquisitor:

Inquisitor female
Inconclusive:

High 6-B against a 6-B? Furthermore, the former is at least 380 Teratons, so this may be stomp category.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
High 6-B against a 6-B? Furthermore, the former is at least 380 Teratons, so this may be stomp category.
Wait, really? My apologies if I'm mistaken, but surely the difference isn't that massive between Country and Large Country level. I would have thought an AP or Durability difference around 5x would be stomp territory, though I must admit I don't know the exact calculations. If you are better informed about it than I am, could you clarify?

7.5x is considered the AP stomp gap according to the One-Shot page, and looking at the various Dark Souls page, they're around 8 to 30 Teratons. Which is still 47.5 to 8.6x difference and a stomp either way.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
7.5x is considered the AP stomp gap according to the One-Shot page, and looking at the various Dark Souls page, they're around 8 to 30 Teratons. Which is still 47.5 to 8.6x difference and a stomp either way.
Goddamn, my bad. I wasn't aware the difference was so high. I'll change up the fight so that Lucina is fighting someone else, and I'll make sure they are in the High 6-B range this time.

There. Now's it's Lucina vs Lissandra instead of Artorias. Let's hope this isn't a stomp either.

Stillwinston said:
Following, somewhat familiar with Lucina but Idk much about Lissandra. Does anyone know her AP?
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure myself, but looking at the page for Attack Potency it couldn't be that much better than Lucina's at best. Lucina is, as mentioned by DarkDragonMedeus, 380 Teratonnes, so at the absolute most Lissandra could have about double that (and I highly doubt the difference would be that great). Can someone with better knowledge of League of Legends mention the exact numbers?

Ah, thank you! So Lucina has the AP advantage, but not by much, so it seems pretty fair. Do either of you now have any opinion or votes?

I'd like to hear what lucina can do, specifically how her sealing works and how willing she is to use it

WeeklyBattles said:
I'd like to hear what lucina can do, specifically how her sealing works and how willing she is to use it
It's been quite a while since I last played the game, but I'm pretty sure sealing wouldn't work here. Again, if anybody else here has played recently and remembers it quite well then correct me, but I believe the sealing process is directly related to the Awakening ritual and that it only works on Grima. So, I don't think it can be used otherwise.

Is anyone here better informed than I am that can clarify this one way or the other?

Yeah been awhile since I played Fire Emblem games but I'm not sure sealing is combat applicable, or least Lucina would need to pound Lissandra into submission first probably. What is Lissandra likely to open up with?

Rocker1189 said:
Frozen tomb to seal lucina funnily enough.
Do we know if that would work? If so, how well? Like, would it be so overpowered that Lucina would permanently be immobilised making it a stomp, or is it just the kind of thing that stops them in place for a few seconds?

Pretty sure she would be permanently immobilised, it is how Lissandra froze the Watchers for thousands of years. And the only reason tey survived is becaue they are literally non-existent beings. She also has a massive range advantage, honestly I think Liss stomps her.

How much effort/time/prep Did freezing the watchers take? I mean, if it took a long enough amount of time then it wouldn't be particularly applicable in a one on one battle.

I assume it is the same as the ingame time of using frozen tomb since it is the same skill, which is near instant and her only prep was to get stronger.

Wait, does frozen tomb in game freeze the enemy forever? That doesn't seem quite right. If not, couldn't it be assumed that she's just using a fast, small scale version of that ability instead of the far larger scale one she used before? Again, I doubt the skill would freeze an opponent forever in gameplay, that would be overpowered.

No it does not freeze them forveer for balance reasons....obviously but it is the same skill. It is never impied in story that she took a long time to freee them, she just activated the ability, froze the watchers, her sisters, their army and the entire country.

I see. I would just think that using an ability that's nearly, but not quite instant to freeze a single person for only a short amount of time would mean that the permanent version of the ability would take a lot longer to cast.

But it did not:

" The Void erupted into the mortal world in the far north, and with it, Lissandra's hidden allegiance to the Watchers became undeniable. In that moment, her only choices were to let all the world be consumed, or to give up what she cared for most—Lissandra sacrificed her sisters and the allies they had gathered, entombing the Watchers beneath a glacial barrier of magical ice that could never be melted. "

It is not implied that it took long at all.

Wow, that's... pretty impressive. Yeah, this seems like a stomp in that case. Give me a moment, I'll figure out a different matchup with Lucina (just started playing FE:A a little while back, and thought that a Lucina match would be cool, so I'll figure something more equal out).

Finally think I've figured out a good matchup. Anyone interested? :)

Okay so what Lucina's AP in her first key? Inquisitor what version are we doing? It we're doing a composite one I'm pretty sure they can just time stop and soul manip gg

I'm using early game warrior class inquisitor, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get time stop or soul manip

And goddamnit, I'm not letting this be another stomp. 😂

By the way, does anybody know Lucina's exact AP in the situation? We're talking Base Future Past Lucina here.

For her 7-C key, everyone in Marth's timeline of Fire Emblem scales from the 15 Kiloton Meteors. Playable characters and bosses especially though are noticeably above that though.

Ah, thank you. Do you also happen to know the Inquisitors AP for comparison?

No idea; I see a big list of links but don't see a calc anywhere for Dragon Age that puts them at that level.

Hm. This is tricky. Given that there is a difference (Low 7-C, likely 7-C vs 7-C) but that the difference is only notable, not major, I think it's fair to assume that Lucina has a mild AP advantage, but not by any stomping amount.

Anybody got better opinions?

Okay if we are sticking with Inquistor.....

So I reckon Lucina's got the AP edge, plus she can heal to keep herself in the battle.

Not sure what weapon Inquistor is packing but they got some stuff, not sure what the early game loadout could be for warrior (Not played in years) but Shield Wall, Payback Strike and Shield Bash all look pretty useful.

Imo I'd say Lucina can take this, AP plus a healing power to keep her in the fight long enough to win I'd say.

Yeah, Lucina does have the AP advantage, but Inquisition does have quite a bit of notable hax that would be useful. Does he use time stop, mind manipulation, soul manipulation, Curse manipulation, ect. in character? And also curious on how attack reflection works. Then again, Inquistion does look like his profile is a bit lazy with powers and abilities section just having a link to another wiki instead of a well formatted list.

Back