• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer Morningstar DC Vertigo Justifications stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Lucifer has a decent amount of hax, however there are only 5 scans on the entire page, and basically no references, that is what this thread will attempt to fix ig

Lucifer powers stuff :​

Fear manipulation: a random character stares at him and starts throwing up, later on in the issue it states that even an hour later she hadn’t recovered from the trauma (LUCIFER 1) furthermore “the touch of his gaze” causes someone’s legs to start shaking and they’re back to start burning (LUCIFER issue 24)

Acausality: in my opinion Lucifers acasuality depends more on where he is, more so the nature of his physiology, when he is inside of yahwech's creation, there are some contradictions to his Acasuality , to name a few there is Destiny saying that lucifer cannot do anything outside of the book of destiny (LUCIFER issue 51) there is the fact that Noema(Basanos) was able to alter his fate (LUCIFER issue 66) however when he is inside the void the presence describes his as outside his "plan" (LUCIFER issue 75) his "plan" he had described as something that had meticulously contained all things(LUCIFER issue 68) also yahwech specifically says "I'm glad to see you here, outside my plan" which more so implies that the "here" (the void) is the thing that is outside of his plan, with lucifer more so having just reached the void. so I'm saying that on the profile acasuality should be written as "Acasuality (type 5) only in the void" He also describes lucifer as having left his function (LUCIFER issue 75)

Mind and life manipulation: can travel into someone’s mind and prologue their life even though they should be dead.(LUCIFER issue 4)

Extra sensory perception: can see souls (LUCIFER issue 5)

Information analysis: analyzes a hurt kid to determine how a complicated power transfer had been enacted there.(Sandman Presents: Lucifer issue 1)

Air manipulation: blows on some charcoal dust so hard that it spreads far enough to be described as a "supernova of a flair" (LUCIFER issue 10)

Soul manipulation: Creates and gives someone a soul (LUCIFER issue 19) Can choose where the souls of those he kills fall to (LUCIFER issue 6)

Durability negation : the 3 named sword inflicts death upon anything no matter how shallow the wound is (LUCIFER issue 7) and it is stated earlier that it is a “weapon which cannot be withstood” (LUCIFER issue 6) and we see luci wield it (LUCIFER issue 7)

Telekinesis: uses telekinesis on some random monster (Sandman Presents: Lucifer issue 3)

immortality (Type 2): can survive without his heart intact (LUCIFER issue 32)

Immortality negation (Type 4): Paulina has immortality that works by rewinding a day every single time she gets hurt, in the sense that her body “forgets” all wounds at the conclusion of each day. (LUCIFER issue 9) and luci manages to kill her (LUCIFER issue 9)

Blood manipulation: He adds his blood to the feathers of a bird which he can use to find stuff (Sandman Presents; Lucifer issue 1)

Non-physical interaction and Light manipulation: he “enacts his name” as the light bender and “weaves the luminous cloud stuff” (LUCIFER issue 14)

Time/Space manipulation and Creation: was shown to move time and space around and create a universe. (LUCIFER issue 16) furthermore he’s been shown to bend the time and space of the gate (LUCIFER issue 20)

Energy manipulation: when creating his creation he creates gravitational forces between suns and planets etc. and he implants energy into oceans and the ground. (LUCIFER 16)

illusion manipulation: creates a visual for Adam to see (LUCIFER issue 16)
Electricity manipulation: causes lightning without clouds (LUCIFER issue 59)

Casuality manipulation: so when the Titans achieve god-hood and become the new YAHWECH they become immune to all power except their own, so to defeat them Lucifer attacks them before they reached godhood (ie attacked them in past from the present) (LUCFIER

Death manipulation: kills Adam with a single tap (LUCIFER issue 16)

Biological manipulation: increases Elaine's dads heartbeat to the point he has a heart attack (LUCIFER 16)

Fate manipulation : controlled the fate of one of the gods to prevent them from having died peacefully (LUCIFER issue 39)

Memory Manipulation: implied he could have erased Elaines memory (LUCIFER 41)

Sound manipulation: can bring sounds from the past (LUCIFER issue 10)

Power bestowal: Made Elaine and Mona tuteary spirits of his creation and put them "above everything" and "above hedgehogs" respectively. (LUCIFER 41)

Ressurection: resurrected the monster he killed (LUCIFER 43)

Fire manipulation: self explanatory (LUCIFER 13)

Dream manipulation; needed to travel through dreams to get to the piano room where he met with that guy who's name I forgot (LUCIFER issue 10)

Dimensional travel : flys into a pocket dimension that was cut off from the rest of the world (LUCIFER issue 13)

Expert hand-to-hand combatant: fights with fenris who would physically be much stronger then him, and flips him(LUCIFER issue 68)

Size manipulation: when we first see Michale he is gigantic, and lucifer says he will need him in a smaller size(LUCIFER 13) in the next scene we see Michale shrink in lucifers arms (LUCIFER 13)

Precognition: Lucifer was stated to be able to get premotions about negative things that were going to happen (LUCIFER issue 1)

So as I previously said Lucifer is the one who gave Elaine all of her power in her guardian spirit key (LUCIFER issue 19) which would mean that Lucifer would inhertently also be able to do everything she was able to do in said key because he's the one who gave her the power to do so in the first place. So here are some hax Elaine gained from power lucifer granted her that should also apply to lucifer himself;

Water manipulation : she split a sea open to locate one of the hiding gods (LUCIFER issue 44)

Conceptual manipulation (type 3) : removed the concept of immortality from one of the non-humans in lucifers cosmos(LUCIFER issue 46)

Weather manipulation: when Elaine is mad at mazikeen it is "shown in her world" by it beginning to snow (LUCIFER issue 47)

Animal manipulation : creates a horse with wings for mazikeen to fly on (LUCIFER issue 49)

REMOVALS:
High-godly regeneration - I genuinely could see nothing that remotely even implies high-godly, so if no one else has anything they want to say on this it should be nuked.

Lucifers Speed:​

the current MFTL feat on luci's page (i.e. him taking in the timespan of elaines creation) is a processing speed feat, not attack speed feat which is what should be listed on the page given that it is attack speed that would be used in a vs thread, and besides, since it's for his first key it is very inconsistent but whatever. So his speed should just become "superhuman with MFTL prosessing speed"

Last edited:
Shouldn’t Lucifers transduality be removed as well? As with the upcoming cosmology split, “transcending creation” under only Neil Gaimans interpretation of DC wouldn’t offer transduality.

Shouldn’t Lucifers transduality be removed as well? As with the upcoming cosmology split, “transcending creation” under only Neil Gaimans interpretation of DC wouldn’t offer transduality.
Yea that’s true that should be nuked as well, but maybe this could prove type 1 transduality

Michale refers to yahwechs plan as containing life and death, life and death being a duality (LUCIFER issue 37) the void is described as outside of said plan (that scan is in the OP) and is also described as “above the universe” (LUCIFER issue 75)

though anything above type 1 should be removed yes.

Most of these seem pretty good to me, so I'll agree. I'm a little neutral about type 5 acausality as I think type 4 might be more appropriate.

Most of these seem pretty good to me, so I'll agree. I'm a little neutral about type 5 acausality as I think type 4 might be more appropriate.
Why? If the presence’s plan “meticulously contains all of creation” it would include any casualty systems that are shown in the verse.

Why? If the presence’s plan “meticulously contains all of creation” it would include any casualty systems that are shown in the verse.
Yes, and going outside of that would only entail a type 4 acausality rating. He doesn't really transcend the plan, but is rather escaping it

Yes, and going outside of that would only entail a type 4 acausality rating. He doesn't really transcend the plan, but is rather escaping it
The void is described as “above” creation
(LUCIFER issue 75) which indicates transcendence

edit: realized that wasn’t even in the op

Last edited:
The void is described as “above” creation
(LUCIFER issue 75) which indicates transcendence

edit: realized that wasn’t even in the op
I mean, in that context, that seems to just quite literally mean that their location was above the universe, not that they transcended it. Besides, I don't think one can get type 5 just by transcending the cosmology.

I mean, in that context, that seems to just quite literally mean that their location was above the universe,
No not at all that would completely contradict the way the void was presented in the series, When yahwech brings Lilith and Elaine to the void we learn that from the perspective of beings inside of the void, the entirety of creation appears to be the size of a ball that can fit on YAHWECH's hand (LUCIFER issue 68) this is consistent with things such as lucifer being able to visibly see the birth of the Elaines creation FULLY from the void (LUCIFER issue 75) and the fact that he was able to "see everything in the universe" once he reaches the void, (LUCIFER issue 12) and in that scan we can literally see events in creation unfolding around him in spherical objects that are much smaller in size then lucifer himself. so basically what I’m saying is the void isn’t literally above creation, but it contains creation due to beings in the void seeing creation as palm size objects. The “above” statement would naturally be referring to that.
Besides, I don't think one can get type 5 just by transcending the cosmology.
That’s not what the argument is, I only even brought up the “above” statement cus you asked for proof of trancendence in which I assumed you were referring to this portion of the definition of acasuality

Type 5: Causality Transcendence: Characters with this type of Acausality transcend the normal boundaries of cause and effect, existing outside of the causality of a system

My argument is as follows
1. Yahwech meticulously contained all of creation in a plan (see OP for scan) if you want more evidence of this “plan” I can build consistency on to this, for one, Destiny refered to michale’s arrival at his home as a part of the “scheme of things” (LUCIFER issue 51) this is especially relevant since Destiny is the sideffect of yahwechs cosmos being dependent on cause and effect (LUCIFER issue 52)
2. The void is described as outside of Yahweh’s plan, and “above” the creation that constitutes said plan, with lucifer scaling to it.

Last edited:
The “above” statement would naturally be referring to that.
As I said before, that specific statement seems to quite literally refer to them being physically above the universe, not that they transcend it. I understand that they transcend it, and never once contradicted that, but the scan you originally showed didn't say that.

2. The void is described as outside of Yahweh’s plan, and “above” the creation that constitutes said plan, with lucifer scaling to it.
Lucifer does not scale to the void at all, he never has. Being above the plan is good for the void, but Lucifer has no reason to scale to the void, hence why I'm still doubtful of some kind of type 5 acausality. But alr. Even then, we'd still need to put the other scans you showed that prove that it's an actual causality transcendence.

Apparently this doesn't qualify for law manip. Creating a universe doesn't give one law or reality warping by default, unfortunately

Similar with grav manip.

Agree with the rest. I am also for acausality type 5. Above in this context most definitely means transcending it.

In any case, transduality should be kept for the time being. He will retain his 1-A thing, but as a possibility.

Lucifer does not scale to the void at all, he never has. Being above the plan is good for the void, but Lucifer has no reason to scale to the void, hence why I'm still doubtful of some kind of type 5 acausality. But alr. Even then, we'd still need to put the other scans you showed that prove that it's an actual causality transcendence.
Except... He does, in a way. He and Michael scales to Elaine in a way, who pushed the void to create a new cosmos in that one arc. But no one should directly scale to the void, perhaps aside from Pralaya. Pralaya is rather complicated case

As I said before, that specific statement seems to quite literally refer to them being physically above the universe, not that they transcend it.
yes I was proving that the void cannot be literally above the verse because that would contradict how it was presented in the series, do you have any disagreements with that point specifically?

“Transcend” is a vague term, ofc the relation between void and creation wouldn’t warrant a reality fiction difference, but it would still posses a transcendence.
I understand that they transcend it, and never once contradicted that, but the scan you originally showed didn't say that.
Mb I should’ve explained it better.
Lucifer does not scale to the void at all, he never has.
When I said “scales to” I meant on the topic of acasuality I wasn’t saying he scales above it
Being above the plan is good for the void, but Lucifer has no reason to scale to the void, hence why I'm still doubtful of some kind of type 5 acausality.
That’s why the OP specifically says:
so I'm saying that on the profile acasuality should be written as "Acasuality (type 5) only in the void"
and if ya saying Lucifer reaching the void doesn’t grant him the acasuality, cus manifesting in a place that is acasual doesn’t make said character acasual, then it is stated that yahwech directly referred to lucifer specifically as escaping his function in the plan: lucifer as having left his function (LUCIFER issue 75)

Why would the Void under Neil Gaimans interpretation of DC be 1-A? I read the blog and nothing about the evidence supported it being 1-A. There’s only a couple scans that mention it being beyond space and time or having no space and time. And if I recall being beyond or lacking space and time to a low 1-C structure doesn’t qualify for 1-A.

Last edited:
Why would the Void under Neil Gaimans interpretation of DC be 1-A? I read the blog and nothing about the evidence supported it being 1-A. There’s only a couple scans that mention it being beyond space and time or having no space and time. And if I recall being beyond or outside of the space and time and of a low 1-C structure doesn’t qualify for 1-A.
I was asking the same exact thing, there isn’t any ontological or r>f difference mentioned at all, I was hoping to get more basis when the official blog drops, but there is definitely nothing there that is 1-A

I believe it is because of its transcendance over Destiny who has a possibly 1a rating or some.

I don't understand much about hax, but as far as I can understand, it all makes sense.

Size manipulation seems a little vague recommended to add this.

As for Lucifer's creation of the universe, don't I think it was Michael who spread time and space into the void?

I'm neutral on Acausality.

Last edited:
I don't understand much about hax, but as far as I can understand, it all makes sense.

As for Lucifer's creation of the universe, don't I think it was Michael who spread time and space into the void?
The demirgus power isn't time and space for all I know just energy.

yea that was to vague for my liking I shouldn’t of added that, but if there is a better justification that would be nice,
I can’t look at the scan rn cus my school blocks it but I’ll look later.
Isn't this time Manipulation?
The causality manipulation was a consequence of the time manipulation.
I asked a staff a while back wether hax that were based off of other hax warrant both being listed on the profile and they said it should be fine.

Creating a universe that has gravity and laws isn't enough to get gravity/law manipulation respectively.

Not sure what the electricity manipulation scan is meant to show.

I'd like more context for the telekinesis, precognition, fate manipulation and conceptual manipulation (type 3) scans, these all seem quite vague.

Everything else seems fine.

Being outside of the Presence's plan seems more a property of the void, more than Lucifer's. Wouldn't anyone in the void being also outside of the plan? If yes, then I don't think it should be on his profile.

Seeing souls, assuming they are naturally invisible, is Enhanced Senses, not ESP.

The sword doesn't seem to neg dura, it seems it just applies death hax to those it wounds.

The example provided for telekinesis shown Petrification.

Immortality type 4 negation sounds more like Regeneration negation, or Deconstruction, since he turns the child into dust. How strong is her regeneration? Because if it can't save her from the complete destruction of the body, then Lucifer just bypassed it with a stronger power.

I agree with Gyro that just creating a universe isn't enough to give him Gravity and Energy manip, tho this universe seems to have specific laws different from those of other universes, since they are called "his laws". Tho, I can understand the doubt, so a possibly may work.

I don't quite get the justification for NPI and Light manip.

I think you have provided the wrong scan for Electricity Manip.

I need more context for Causality Manipulation, because he may have just travelled back in time.

Memory manip sounds more like a side-effect of having an entirely new body.

Dream manip would be either Dimensional Travel, Immersion or Telepathy, but did he really travel through the dream, or just got into that place with teleportation or such? If no detail is known, I guess possibly can work for Immersion or Dimensional Travel (in the latter case, it would be a possibly for the feat itself, since it seems he can already cross dimensions)

The scans given for hand to hand doesn't really show it, flipping someone isn't necessarily martial arts-based, especially if you have so many powers like him.

We don't give characters the powers they grant through Power Bestowal, unless there are strong reasons to believe they should possess them.

The first part of the Fear Manipulation seems like Biological Manipulation since he caused her to throw up with his gaze.

Not sure about Acausality.

For Durability Negation, does Lucifer use that sword a lot? Because if it's a one time thing I don't see it necessary to add.

For Telekinesis, it doesn't give a clear depiction. He’s holding his hand out but if you look at the monster in each panel, you'll notice how his feet and body seem to be covered in stone as if Lucifer petrified him.

The Electricity Manipulation scan isn't showing the proper scan.

For Lucifer gaining all of Elaine's powers, I don't think we give creators all the powers of thei creations unless it's implied or stated. So I'm unsure about the additions.

I'll wait for other knowledgeable members to comment on the removal of his Regeneration and speed change.

Other than what I brought up above, everything else seems fine but I'll wait for further input.

Creating a universe that has gravity and laws isn't enough to get gravity/law manipulation respectively.
Oh yea I forgot to remove those, when confluctor noted it, I will do so now
Not sure what the electricity manipulation scan is meant to show.
yea wrong scan apologies, here is the scan I was actually talking about and here is a better depiction of the lightning (LUCIFER issue 59)
I'd like more context for the telekinesis, precognition,
Much context isn’t really provided in these cases do you think “possibly” would be fine or nah?
conceptual manip (type 3)
Lucifer wanted all immortal beings in his cosmos to leave (thole being one of these immortals) Elaine wanted to get around the rule Lucifer made so she implied she was gonna erase the concept of immortality from him, it doesn’t directly state she did so in that scan, yes, but in the very next scene it says that thole had lost his immortality after she left. The immortality would be the type 3 concept, with Elaine having erased it.
fate manipulation
Looking back at the context this is probably just hyperbole, so I’ll remove that.

Being outside of the Presence's plan seems more a property of the void, more than Lucifer's. Wouldn't anyone in the void being also outside of the plan? If yes, then I don't think it should be on his profile.

Seeing souls, assuming they are naturally invisible, is Enhanced Senses, not ESP.

The sword doesn't seem to neg dura, it seems it just applies death hax to those it wounds.

Immortality type 4 negation sounds more like Regeneration negation, or Deconstruction, since he turns the child into dust. How strong is her regeneration? Because if it can't save her from the complete destruction of the body, then Lucifer just bypassed it with a stronger power.

I agree with Gyro that just creating a universe isn't enough to give him Gravity and Energy manip, tho this universe seems to have specific laws different from those of other universes, since they are called "his laws". Tho, I can understand the doubt, so a possibly may work.

I need more context for Causality Manipulation, because he may have just travelled back in time.

Dream manip would be either Dimensional Travel, Immersion or Telepathy, but did he really travel through the dream, or just got into that place with teleportation or such? If no detail is known, I guess possibly can work for Immersion or Dimensional Travel (in the latter case, it would be a possibly for the feat itself, since it seems he can already cross dimensions)

The scans given for hand to hand doesn't really show it, flipping someone isn't necessarily martial arts-based, especially if you have so many powers like him.

We don't give characters the powers they grant through Power Bestowal, unless there are strong reasons to believe they should possess them.

Thanks for the appraisal, I’ll reply tmr I’m really tired rn,

Alrighty sorry I’m back now
Yes it is more of a property of the void but that shoudnt prevent it from being applied to the characters that manifest there. My proposal was “type 5 only in the void” , because most of the type 5’s I’ve seen on the wiki scale to the location that also is acasual; (umineko with the meta world for example they all get type 5 for the acasual nature of the meta world) however more context is actually provided in, he specifically is described as having escaped his function so would that work ?

Will Change
I thought causing death no matter the size or depth of the wound, (as in the durability of the affected is irrelevant) would grant dura-neg? similar to itachi uchiha from naruto’s ameterasu which burns the target no matter how small the fire is.
well in any case durability negation can be added as an inherent attribute of his soul manipulation. Would that be fine ?
Makes sense, will change
Ah yes I meant to say type 3 negation not type 4 as it is what acounts for killing by negating regen, but we don’t know how potent the regen is however we can tell that it’s enough to at least help her regen from fatal wounds due to her saying, “the nature of my immortality is to recycle one day” which implies that the regen grants her immortality.

I doubt lucifer kills her with raw power because it is his depowered key (as in not his 1-A key but his “unknown” key which is basically a normal human) however ig it’s still a possibility so would you be fine with “possible (type 3) immortality negation” ?
Lucifers nickname is “the lightbender” and the scan says he enacts his name by weaving around light embedded clouds aka the “luminous cloud stuff” and interacting with light. If that doesn’t work then creating a Sun should grant inherent light manipulation, no?
so when the Titans had ascended godhood they became immune to any other attacks but luci kills them still, in the specific scan it says “the woman who they touched was the conduct, the channel through which I was able to touch them back” this is a reference to what happened BEFORE when they were much weaker when they held that same woman (beatrice) in they’re hands. Which you can see here: https://gyazo.com/e67a52262137dd2d5d616a53a1ad6020
He then used that line to kill the titans before they became as powerful as they became
Yea sorry here it is: https://gyazo.com/aef310942a3a77041b6667106060a8a7
Here is more context for that from the same issue hints more at Lucifer being able to manipulate the memories itself:

Yea there isn’t much context so i can go with a possible
Fair enough

Yea just read this rip

“Note that just because a character can grant a power to another, does not mean that they can grant that same power to themselves.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back