• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer (CW) Fear Resistance

Let's be honest, you are Christian, always believe that devil may not harm you, out of nowhere someone is switching his face to devil, I would die instantly for not believing what I saw. Like common reaction
But that guy who saw it wasn’t Christian iirc

what, its good series :cautious:
Not to me. Sorry.

Also. I don't really see it as a limited fear manipulation. I just don't see people not caring about it cause they are aware of it or knew it already getting resistance.

Its like giving fear resistance to someone because they don't have phobia

Also, people who've been to hell and seen similar shit aren't scared. If it was fear manip, it would've just instilled the fear regardless.

Linda wasn't really all that scared, Eve just tanks it constantly, etc.

Also, people who've been to hell and seen similar shit aren't scared. If it was fear manip, it would've just instilled the fear regardless.
Characters that can transform into scary monsters don't get Fear Manipulation automatically right? Same principle really. Fear Manipulation probably needs to be nuked from his profile

ok, so what about the dozens of other people who don't get resurrected from hell that I just gave examples of?

Again, it's meant to be the shock/scare factor of seeing a Devil face rather than an innate fear inducing ability

Someone also didn't give a **** about the face at all.

If I saw a big ass reticulated python outside my window, I'd probably have a heart attack. But some people would wrangle it themselves.

People have different reactions to what makes them afraid, and to most a guy transforming right in front of them would be at least kind of scary. In fact, the sheer inconsistency between people's reaction to his face is basically proof that this isn't fear manipulation.

Someone also didn't give a **** about the face at all.

If I saw a big ass reticulated python outside my window, I'd probably have a heart attack. But some people would wrangle it themselves.

People have different reactions to what makes them afraid, and to most a guy transforming right in front of them would be at least kind of scary. In fact, the sheer inconsistency between people's reaction to his face is basically proof that this isn't fear manipulation.
Hmm ok. What ability would you call this if it is one

Nothing. Making someone afraid alone doesn't qualify for Fear Manipulation, otherwise tons of characters would just have Fear Manipulation with Assault Rifle on their profiles. It's not even a power, other than transformation/shapeshifting/body control.

Back