• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucemon Downgrade

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This is about Zeed, Belphemon,Leviamon and Lucemon.

These four share Nonexistence erasure.

I think the ability is redundant when all digimon can affect and erase nonexistent beings by default.Its akin to having TimeStop listed twice.

Can we take it out from their profiles?

I never found the digimon to be as powerful as shown as the profiles. And most of the time data book kinda debunk their levels of power. The game versions are powerful but the anime versions aren't anywhere near from what I had been watching over the years

Mr John West said:
I never found the digimon to be as powerful as shown as the profiles. And most of the time data book kinda debunk their levels of power. The game versions are powerful but the anime versions aren't anywhere near from what I had been watching over the years
You clearly haven't been reading our blogs then. We have blogs with multiple feats. Most none Multiversal feats come from the anime. Multiversal feats are present in Digimon Adventure, 02, Tamers, Frontier, Savers and Xros Wars. If you disagree with stats make a thread. You can't just get your sources from watching the anime. Digimon is a collective verse that literally has multiple references and resources that you actually have to look at and evaluate. It's not just one set of canon. This is an issue many people have when discussing Digimon. Not to mention the whole dub vs sub fiasco. Regarding Databooks. The databooks are merely scientific observations or lore. For example Minervamon X being able to cut a mountain is simply an observation and such a low end feat compared to her literally being compared to the Royal Knights. Imperialdramon destroying a planet is simply an observation, not the absolute limit of his power. Why? Because, other feats and scaling make that feat a simple low end feat that happened during an observation. Far different than an Ultimare level absorbing a Galaxy-sized Black Hole or another Ultimate level literally creating and maintaining a larger than Galaxy Sized realm. Not to mention the countless Network feats. Simply destroying a Network is an "At least 2-A" feat, just so you know. We can list the Multiversal Anime feats alone. And then the game ones.

Regardless, on topic. Yes, those should go. Nowadays it is redundant.

ExodusNexus said:
I thought their powers came from the databooks?
Databooks aren't the only sources for their powers. Databooks are simply one part of the canon.

Anime, Manga, Databooks, Games, etc are all canon material that has to be taken into account.

Mr John West said:
I was trying to understand the logic this person used.

Every digimon can erase non-existent beings?? I remember watching this innocently as a kid thinking they were OP for shooting fireballs and growing big.

Whenever you see a DemiDevimon, Devimon, Dracmon, etc die, that's the death of a Digimon made of erased data/nonexistent data. So yes, they can kill nonexistent beings.

Honestly, I don't care for treating Dark Area mons as some untouchable beings. Their whole gimmick is that they are made of the erased data of the Dark Area (i.e nothingness). I would think someone who can hit souls can hit them just fine. They really aren't that special. But that's just me.

Like most abilities out there, Existence Erasure has a "basic" level and it can go up from there via feats. An everyday average erasure wouldn't erase a non-existent being as at that point it's trying to erase from existence something that is already erased. It needs feats of erasing that thoroughly.

Saying any Existence Erasure or Void Manip can erase a Non-Existent isn't right otherwise we get stuff like Hakai = Emprah's Erasure.

EmperorRorepme said:
Every digimon can erase non-existent beings?? I remember watching this innocently as a kid thinking they were OP for shooting fireballs and growing big.
This is because the director of Digimon Adventure decided to turn what was simple in Digimon into a philosophical application about Life and Death, Everything and Nothingness, Light and Darkness.

The original concept of Digimon as Apocalymon was simply "They are programs created by the malicious desires of hackers", however Kakudou thought that this type of idea was bad, and then decided that these Digimon (Digimon of the Dark Area/World of Darkness) would be in fact a manifestation of those who had failed in evolution and were erased from the light to exist in darkness.

So instead of Digimon being computer programs as originally planned, they were converted to primordial souls that existed in a world before our own into a pure state of chaos before the laws existed and all conflicting concepts coexisted. In a moment the will of the world decided to lay down the rules and divided the concepts of Light and Darkness, and Idea would be a world of light, and the concepts of Darkness would be separated by a great barrier known as the Wall of Fire.

Digimon usually exist in the World of Light, where there are the concepts of light, which includes evolution and life. The Dark Area is the world of darkness, where death reigns and those who have been erased from existence remain. Dark Area and is The World of Nothingness, a timeless dimensional void located in a distortion of the Digital World where everything that is located there are deleted data (Data that is now pure nothingness).

So basically Digimon works with the beings that exist and are part of the light, and those beings that do not exist and are in the World of the Nothingness of Darkness.

@FateAlbane, I agree with your assessment. My description was only meant for the basic level though.

The real cal howard said:
I liked it better when they were just digital monsters...
You can technically still enjoy Digimon as if it were just that. Overall Digimon has three types of products, one that works with the Digimon in the way that Adventure has attempted (the ones most closely related to philosophical concepts), one that treats Digimon almost entirely in the way they were initially planned (As in Digital Monster Ver.S) and others who often simply do not touch either of the two subjects.

So yeah, you can still watch/play/read Digimon as if they are simply computer programs.

ExodusNexus said:
Isn't that just ignoring what's there?
That's what some of the franchise's producers do. In general WiZ develops the concept in an incomplete way, with the aim of animes, manga and games complements what was written. Basically everything is considered by WiZ, and they just want the fans to try to imagine how everything stays together.

However other producers see no sense in this and would rather have each thing in Digimon separated from each other without connection. Like Konaka who produced Digimon Tamers, so this series is very disconnected from the others, and only connects when needed, but overall Konaka blames Bandai for allowing Digimon to remain such a confusing and disconnected franchise without maintaining overall coherence .

That's why Konaka often ignores other products while producing something (like the anime itself or the Drama CDs), but Bandai still wants to use what was produced in these works, literally forcing a disconnected work to stay connected to others works that should stay away from each other.

This is often the reason for there being a lot of "incoherence in Digimon," and Bandai generally just wants fans to figure out what should be done, hoping that fans will eventually work for the franchise and decide to put their ideas into practice.

Honestly, anything that goes on too long and starts being handled by different authors is probably gonna get crazy convoluted eventually.

It's like if Pokémon went from being monsters that you can capture in balls to physical concepts who choose their forms from their eggs and are secretly gods.

It's like if Pokémon went from being monsters that you can capture in balls to physical concepts who choose their forms from their eggs and are secretly gods.
So......Digimon...without the PokeBalls. ovo

Curiously, Pokémon would have a secret story that would show that the Pokémon were completely different than expected, and their emergence would be the reason there were no animals on earth and because all the strange things in Pokémon occur.

This would be the purpose of the third Pokémon movie, however the Pokémon Company thought the story was strange and would not succeed (because it involved fossils of real dinosaurs coming back to life), and how they wanted the new movie to be a hit as first, then the script was dropped and a new one involving Entei had to be written.

That is, possibly Pokémon could be something completely different, but it was not so because they thought that "it would not succeed".

Back