• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lower D viewing higher D as fiction

If a lower dimensional world views a higher dimensional world as fiction, would the former still be granted a higher tier than the latter, even though the latter has more dimensions? Can realms with less spatial dimensions view realms with more dimensions as fiction and have R>F transcendence over them?

Like if there's a realm A with 8 spatial dimensions (and 1 time dimension) and then there's a realm B with the usual 3 spatial and 1 time dimension which views realm A as fiction, would realm B still get High 1-C, despite being only 4D, for viewing a 9D world as fiction?

having higher dimension doesn't always grants tiers
you can have spatial dimension to like 99 if you want but if there is not qualitative superiority it barely grants anything other than HDE to an unknown extent because the higher spatial dimension is vague

if the higher dimension is considered and has met the criteria for qualitative superioty but the lower dimension treats it as fiction that is basically oxymoronic and should be taken as outlier

Viewing something as fiction on its own doesn't really demonstrate a tier, nor does higher dimensionality. What's more important is how these entities interact with one another or their worlds to determine tiering.

Tldr. More context would be needed for a proper tiering to be determined in the given question you asked.

I'm mainly talking about cases where there's a transcendental realm that views some higher dimensional construct as fiction, but doesn't nessesarily have more spatial dimensions.

Like, some verses have the "real world", which would be a normal 4D world, which transcends and views a multidimensional world as fiction, as it is multidimensional within the story. For example something like the writer from DC which is supposed to represent the actual author (who would be 3D in their reality) but the DC multiverse has higher dimensions present. Same with marvel and TOAA. Like not all R>F realms have the higher realm as inherently having more spatial dimensions than what they transcend to my knowledge. Unless this is a requirement. Similarly, we as real 3D humans can write stories with more than 3 or 4 or whatever dimensions presented in the world, even though our world is only 4D.

Not sure if my question makes sense but that's basically the gist of it.

Ur question is based on non-existent fiction, may I ask, why are you overthinking?

Just curious on how it works, thats all. I'd like to be clear on the standards. Might be a stupid question.

So basically something like for instance the lower dimensional Dragon Ball verse viewing the higher dimensional Pokemon verse as fiction?

Kind of but not really what I'm getting at. Its a bit hard to explain. Like just like we as 3D humans can technically author verses with higher dimensional realities (which would be higher dimensional from their own inverse perspective) I dont think its impossible for a verse to have a multidimensional reality thats perceived as fiction by their authors who are only 3D from their (the authors or the true reality's) own perspective.

Isn't this how most authors avatars work, those authors avatars would be 3D from their perspective but characters like TOAA, the Writer, SCP 001, etc are transcendental over multidimensional realities.

And in series that have reality fiction layers like demon king daimou I don't think each higher layer nessesarily has more dimensions that the last, some are supposed to be "normal" 3D worlds, just like what they transcend, from the inside. I might be wrong tho.

Last edited:
There is no such a thing as this, practically this situation is based on perspective/view point rather than context as the example for this is, A exist in a world where said world view B's world as fiction, A transcended B, however from the perspective of people from A's world, A is just a 3D being due to they existing in the same level, it is happen often in fiction, if not always

So your question is based on view point/perspective rather than cosmology context. It is also can be equated to real life, where human author make their fictions with so many dimensionality/insane level of cosmology yet they themselves from their perspective are just 3D human

Back