• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also Low 2-C cloud since he was the only one who could go head to head with sephiroth in the trailer. I'll change the title

The final fantasy games all exist in separate universes. THeir continuity comes from beings like gilgamesh and shinryu who explicitly use dimensional travel

Also FFX had very similar themes to FF7 in terms of how it treated technology and human advancement, as well as similar superficial aspects like the giant monsters that destroy technology. But you could say similar thigns about any two FF games, really.

Is there any evidence for it not being canon besides you saying so?
Of the Reveal?
Simple.

The Main Antagonist dies in a way they didn’t actually die in their endings, in a scenario made to look like it was taking place during the opening cutscene (as seen by the mountain floor). Not only that, but later, characters are able to attack and harm Sephiroth as if he totally didn’t just kill the Main antagonist who stomped them in the actual scenario.
In earlier reveals, Mario and Mega Man got impaled during the Ridley reveal, and Luigi got his Soul taken away by the Simon Reveal, none of which had any actual consequence and was just a cutscene to build the hype.
Safe to say the Reveals aren’t canon.

You can’t really say Galeem stomped them and then point out how they are fighting Sephiroth like almost nothing happened. He only stomps them in the first encounter anyway, why do you assume this is that? You kill him at the end.
That is contradictory, also Luigi was presumably fine afterward (going back into his body.)
Also to explain how they have continuity, all the Rare-related ones are directly related, showing that they are canon to one another.
Also an official animated trailer should be assumed canon unless it completely lacks a place in-lore/game.
I think Warren said the rest best on the main thread.

I can point that out, as I’m pointing out how it’s contradictory. It’s a fact that Galeem stomped them first fight, that much was obvious and Kirby was lucky to even survive. Galeem also stomps everyone if you only kill Dharkon. And We know this isn’t the end because Dharkon isn’t there- in both the True Endings and Bad Endings, Dharkon is always there, whether he kills everyone after you kill Galeem or you kill them both simultaneously.

Thats why I’m saying it, Potato. I’m mentioning how characters getting inured with attacks they shouldn’t be able to survive is contradictory with how the main canon goes, and therefore the reveal is just to build hype.

Rare-Related ones? Can you elaborate? This doesn’t make sense, what’s a ‘Rare-Related’ reveal?

But if it’s for a Character and they show the main Antagonist literally dying then it needs to be proven it’s canon, instead of the opposite. Not to mention that it’s not even a Trailer in the most common sense, it’s a Teaser released to promote a DLC Character which has no bearing on the Story and is hand-crafted to get people excited at an Award Ceremony of all things. Since the Character it‘s promoting performs outrageous feats, in timeframes that don’t make sense, and doesn’t impact the Canon or Storyline in literally any way, you have to prove that it’s Canon rather than us proving it’s not.

I don’t know who Warren is or what this ‘Main Thread’ is.

I wouldn't use the trailer to represent Sephiroth's, or anyone else's, strength.

The trailer has it to where Sephiroth one shots the guy who one shots the Smash Cast without any sort of spirits in his Base Form casually. That causes an incredibly big circular scaling chain, especially if you want to include Cloud. The Smash Cast get one shot by Galeem, who in turn gets one shot by Sephiroth, and then they induce some harm to scale. Don't you see the problem with that?

It's best to just disregard as inapplicable to Sephiroth. Even if Smash characters become Low 2-C, they wouldn't scale this high into it. Sephiroth has this aura where devs overhype him like way too much, so it's probably one of these instances.

I mean the Remake has involved
other Timelines
as a major plot point, nothing more to say.

It means that
in the future there could be a Tier 2 feat... well there might be one now what with the Whisper boss.

Back