• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shit Bowser burns himself on is "pure energy" being produced by the reactor. Not lava.

If Bowser cannot even touch a portion of this energy without injuring himself, then he clearly does not physically scale to the entirety of said energy. Nor does he scale to the energy of the explosion the generator's destruction caused.

What Bowser burned himself on is literally the very thing you're attempting to scale his durability to. The energy that his generator produces.

Also even if this was just an example of Bowser lacking heat resistance, it does not suddenly prove that Bowser tanked the universe being destroyed on him. This still needs to be proven. I don't have to directly disprove it for it to be rejected since the burden of proof is not on me, however what I mentioned still does a good job at disproving it. When you claim a feat happened, you have to show it. The only proof is the statement that Bowser survived but contextually so did literally every single atom because the whole universe got reset.

(PS. Surviving a universe destroying explosion requires insane heat resistance. Saying "Bowser just lacks heat resistance to the point where regular lava hurts him" does not help your case)

Last edited:
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bowser threatened to destroy the dreams from the Dream Depot in Mario Party 6? (Dreams are confirmed to be Universes in the Mario-verse last time I checked) Again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or just remembering things differently.

Bowser wasnt protected by the destruction of the generator thats y in the cutscene he was completely in his shell dazed and confused. Meaning he protected himself in his shell

I agree with AKM as well. It really is a compromise for some stonewalling.

To be honest the Tier 2 feat that directly scales to Mario is arguably the Super Paper Mario one. Even then it's not entirely certain if the cast just tanked that destruction all together or were simply teleported back to Flipside. All the other alleged Tier 2 feats have been outright debunked. And one feat that is drastically above every other feat is the definition of an outlier. The "variable tier" is really just a way of saying "I want to accept an outlier in the profile." If we're to do that for Mario, sure. But for consistency then so many other characters. I mean they all "vary" as well.
That's actually a really good point. I can't believe I overlooked that. We might as well forget about it then.

Tfw there was so much contention on the tier 2 rating among numerous members and staff but we are still making a compromise and proposing a 3 tier rating because people are being stubborn. Is that how things are gonna go around here? We are going to rate characters as their lowest and highest tiers because one side thinks one thing and the other side thinks the other thing? Might as well start rating Buu saga Goku as "At least 5-B, likely 4-C, possibly 4-B" now and literally every character in existence because people can't settle on a single rating. Sorry but this is becoming a trend where no matter how many people and knowledgeable staff disagree with something, the supporters and fans drown them and force their opinions because it is basically not a debate that hinges on facts, just a debate to see who has more time and can go on debating their notion until the other side gives up, and obviously it will be the fans because they have a greater drive. The fact that after 1000 comments of vehement disagreements it is still passing because we have to "compromise" is saddening.
That's actually true. I remember bringing up a similar point Universe 2's fighters earlier because of this. Honestly, it just goes back in how this thread is just making me repeat the reasons why this can't go through. Let's drop this thread all together since it's clearly not happening.

(Reminder that no Low 2-C still doesn't mean we can't have a variable tier for lower showings)

Shit, I can't believe it, I thought if Blue Boi gets a 2-C Feat when its varies like Mario, the same should be for Mario since he has lots but oh well its a shame how this came to

This seems sus

Yeah "Varies" was just a way to fake a compromise to get Low 2-C accepted. People were even willing to add a 3rd, lower rating for "At least" so Low 2-C would be "At most".

Basically admitting that Low 2-C was an outlier but wanting to include it anyway..

Shit, I can't believe it, I thought if Blue Boi gets a 2-C Feat when its varies like Mario, the same should be for Mario since he has lots but oh well its a shame how this came to

This seems sus
Jesus, stop talking about other franchises being X tier and so Mario should be the same, that is, as said previously, incredible biased and leads nowhere

After reading over the thread and considering everyone's arguments, I would probably be more inclined to support a variable tier at this point. Personally I don't really see it as a compromise solution due to the aforementioned nonlinear nature of the series, with the portrayal of many characters being inconsistent. I would still rather have Low 2-C as the cap for the variable tier, but I honestly don't care if that gets accepted after everything that's been discussed so you can count me as neutral in regards to tier 2. For the most part, I find DDM's take on this thread to be the most agreeable.

For the record the only time I ever agree with a "varies" is if the character canonically fluctuates in power based upon the situation. Not for simply having some inconsistent feats. Whatever verse that ends up downgrading so be it. My opinions are not based on "Other series does this too"

Yeah, I'm with Dino Ranger Black, and truth be told I said this multiple times so might as well say it again. That U-Turns do make me sick. The varies between Tier 7 and Tier 4 was literally what Mario used to have back in 2016 before Dino Ranger Black worked pretty much worked his ass off to find a giant collection of Tier 4 feats. And for years, it's been agreed that a solid tier based on consistent multitude of mid end feat that are slightly above average was the best practice.

But yeah looking it over, King Olly's Reality bending feat has some admittedly vague statements. Evil Black Jewel is clearly Universal, but it can be argued he's a glass cannon and that he's manly Universal via reality warping/Creation. And it's not known if his lasers use up just as much energy/power as his reality warping skills.

And yeah, the Galaxy Reactor isn't normal lava; it's like some kind of superplasma energy where universal levels of thermal energy are condensed in a small planet. Though admittedly, it would be something much hotter than the hottest particles in the universe, which energy density much greater than anti-matter. And Thermal Equilibrium would make it seem Multi-Galaxy levels of heat density for someone Bowser's size. He does burn himself and run around the battle field, and all it does is distract him so Mario can punch him. But I do not think we should use it for scaling to base Bowser yes. It's seems rather vague often uses loopholes, ect.

I definitely still Think Galaxy 2 Bowser should be Universal in his Grand Star key. It is still one Grand Star that did the feat. He's actually using all of its energy to amplify himself head to toe on a physical level. And as shown, the Power Stars can be argued as "Magic" but this "Magic" still has been shown to have powers on a physical level as well as magical level. But that should make it clear he should not be Universal in base form; he literally skyrockets him all the way. If he needs a power up to do Universal things to begin with, it heavily conflicts with his main stats being Universal to begin with. Much less Mario, Mario only wins against Universal Bowser because of his Plot Armor. And this Plot Armor often nicknamed "The Gentle Pull" or "The Force" is why Mario's always able to rescue Peach even when he's up against impossible odds. It's also the reason Mario isn't 2-B via fighting Dreamy Bowser.

Mario tanking the Sammer Kingdom is indeed 100% a Universal+ durability feat. It's never stated they were teleported back to Flipside, and the narrator text mentioned they outright survived the Universal destruction. However, given it's a one time feat, the most logical thing is to call it an outlier.

Anyway, it seems the OP is rejected. I think that officially makes it concluded; if there's going to be other statistics revisions. Move them to some other threads that are still on going. But I'd also recommend trying not to rush everything. I still think the Tier 4 stuff is consistent enough to warrant a solid tier and I may just give further elaborations again. So I think the only thing left is to close the thread for now and save other discussions and topics for later in some new threads or in discussions amongst each other. And it is tiresome how many conflicting Mario threads have been made despite us very much making it perfectly clear that revisions for controversial verses should not be rushed, but they all got rushed anyway.

That's all I have to say for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back