• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Looper speed upgrade.

loopers should get an upgrade to hypersonic
I disagree here.
  • Explosions are not as fast as you would assume. The speed everything usually uses is detonation velocity but that's not the correct speed to use for anything that propagates through the air.
To answer what I mean here's a calculator from the UN. The detonation velocity for C4 is 8,550 m/s. Do you know what its velocity is after 1 meter? 1,323 m/s or nearly six and half times slower and that's for C4, let alone a basic gasoline induced explosion which is much slower (topping out at only 1,800 m/s for the speed that it travels only through the material).

They shouldn't get anything close to hypersonic for that feat. It is some degree of supersonic since they outran the start, but we typically don't use running away from explosions as a feat since they almost always just rely on rule of cool.

I disagree here.
  • Explosions are not as fast as you would assume. The speed everything usually uses is detonation velocity but that's not the correct speed to use for anything that propagates through the air.
To answer what I mean here's a calculator from the UN. The detonation velocity for C4 is 8,550 m/s. Do you know what its velocity is after 1 meter? 1,323 m/s or nearly six and half times slower and that's for C4, let alone a basic gasoline induced explosion which is much slower (topping out at only 1,800 m/s for the speed that it travels only through the material).

They shouldn't get anything close to hypersonic for that feat. It is some degree of supersonic since they outran the start, but we typically don't use running away from explosions as a feat since they almost always just rely on rule of cool.
Hmmm supersonic isn't bad, would the feat itself be viable in this case?

And thanks for the input.

Back