• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LOOK OUT THEY'RE GONNA BLO- (Reze vs Rico) (1-2-0)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place in a bomb museum.
  • Starting distance is 5 meters
  • Reze's Hybrid form is restricted
  • Speed is equalized.
  • SBA for anything else
Bomb Girl (0.0067 Tons of TNT): 1Explosive Penguin (0.0205663042 Tons of TNT): 2They fuse into Bomb from Angry Birds (Incon): 0

Last edited:
Rico relativistic reaction speed is gonna give him a big advantage in combat but reze should be able to keep up due to her skill, acrobatics and her instinctive action

Rico's stealthy mastery and smoke manip are probably gonna be useless due to reze's enhanced senses

Reze has 2 wincons and those are:creating a decoy(like she did against those devil hunters) and make it self destruct(even if it doesn't kill him it should damage him enough for reze to kill him with her knife) or just keep regenerating until she eventually manages to kill him

Rico's wincons are:using his sleep manip or using his atomic bomb since reze can't Regen from that(since the starting distance is 5m he probably would die if he used it so ig it would be inconclusive?)

I'm voting on reze, she can probably pull off one of her wincons before him

Rico relativistic reaction speed is gonna give him a big advantage in combat but reze should be able to keep up due to her skill, acrobatics and her instinctive action
I'd say their about even when it comes to skill with Rico being comparable to the other Penguins and downscaling a bit from Skipper.
Reze has 2 wincons and those are:creating a decoy(like she did against those devil hunters) and make it self destruct(even if it doesn't kill him it should damage him enough for reze to kill him with her knife)
Duplication is only in her Bomb Devil key and Rico's 3x AP advantage in this key and Toon Force would probably let him tank the explosion anyway.
Rico's wincons are:using his sleep manip or using his atomic bomb since reze can't Regen from that(since the starting distance is 5m he probably would die if he used it so ig it would be inconclusive?)
Rico can also keep blowing her up until she runs out of blood to regen with or until there isn't enough of her left to regen.

I'd say their about even when it comes to skill with Rico being comparable to the other Penguins and downscaling a bit from Skipper.
I think reze is more skilled tbh, she spent most of her life being trained as a assassin, defeated multiple trained devil hunters by herself, even Aki who can see the future only managed to keep up with her for a few seconds, she's way better in combat than denji, after being affected by the mold devil she was able to quickly think of a way to counter it

I don't think she would skill stomp or anything like that but she def has the advantage imo
Duplication is only in her Bomb Devil key
She duplicated herself in her human form though
and Rico's 3x AP advantage in this key and Toon Force would probably let him tank the explosion anyway.
Fair enough, but since he doesn't have Regen reze can probably easily kill him with her knife if he is hit by the explosion
Rico can also keep blowing her up until she runs out of blood to regen with or until there isn't enough of her left to regen.
She can also drink his blood to regenerate herself

Reze should be able to dodge most of it due to her instinctive actions and acrobatics imo

I think reze is more skilled tbh, she spent most of her life being trained as a assassin, defeated multiple trained devil hunters by herself, even Aki who can see the future only managed to keep up with her for a few seconds, she's way better in combat than denji, after being affected by the mold devil she was able to quickly think of a way to counter it

I don't think she would skill stomp or anything like that but she def has the advantage imo
Rico and the other Penguins have large amounts of experience fighting various animal species and cam beat extraordinary geniuses like Dr. Blowhole and can break Knox like it's like child's play. Iirc Rico downscales from Skipper who has decades of experience fighting and can easily take out an entire squadron of the best in Danish security.
She duplicated herself in her human form though
Profile says its a Hybrid form ability.
Fair enough, but since he doesn't have Regen reze can probably easily kill him with her knife if he is hit by the explosion
Rico can just quickly recover bounce himself back onto his feet after getting hit by the blast.
She can also drink his blood to regenerate herself
It's gonna be pretty hard to get him to bleed considering his small size, skill, and toon force.
Reze should be able to dodge most of it due to her instinctive actions and acrobatics imo
I don't see instinctive action on profile and Rico can just spit out bigger bombs or homing missile launchers if he's having a hard time hitting her.

Rico and the other Penguins have large amounts of experience fighting various animal species
Reze has been training as a assassin ever since she was a child, she's able to fight against devil hunters, assassins, devils, hybrids, fiends etc
and cam beat extraordinary geniuses like Dr. Blowhole and can break Knox like it's like child's play.
correct me if i'm wrong but according to dr.blowhole profile he seems to be a extraordinary genius in creating stuff, he doesn't seem to be a extraordinary genius in hand to hand combat.
Iirc Rico downscales from Skipper who has decades of experience fighting and can easily take out an entire squadron of the best in Danish security.
reze is way more skilled than denji, denji alone was able to easily defeat the anti makima squad (who had weapons capable of harming makima) without being hit by them even once, denji was also able to defeat an entire horde of armed people and reze is way more skilled than denji, beam and aki(who can see the future) and she was also able to easily defeat them
Profile says its a Hybrid form ability.
weird, even the scans show she doing it while she is in her human form, ig they put it under her bomb hybrid key because it's an ability she has due to being a hybrid but she can use it in her human form(The first time we see her doing that is in her human form)
Rico can just quickly recover bounce himself back onto his feet after getting hit by the blast.

It's gonna be pretty hard to get him to bleed considering his small size, skill, and toon force.
She has a knife, explosive skin(activated by touch but she can also throw parts of her body and turn them into bombs), acrobatics to dodge his attacks and is a expert martial artist being more skilled than a assassin contracted by typhoon and is more skilled than aki(aki was trained by kishibe and trained multiple devil hunters)
I don't see instinctive action on profile
and her clone abilities are also hers
and Rico can just spit out bigger bombs or homing missile launchers if he's having a hard time hitting her.
true, i just think that she's more likely to defeat him before he manages to defeat her since she tends to try to end the fight as soon as possible either with her explosions, by cutting her target hand and neck with her knife or by doing that and even if he starts using it the moment the fight begins she should be able to survive for a while by regenerating since she can regen from just a head(and even if she can't regen she is able to keep fighting after losing limbs)

so i'm gonna keep my vote on reze

(sorry for the long reply)

Last edited:
Reze has been training as a assassin ever since she was a child, she's able to fight against devil hunters, assassins, devils, hybrids, fiends etc
The Penguin's have been doing their thing since a very young age.
She has a knife
Rico can vomit out his own knives to use or something bigger like a kendo sword or chainsaw.
explosive skin(activated by touch but she can also throw parts of her body and turn them into bombs)
That's a Transformed ability so she doesn't have it here.
and her clone abilities are also hers
This is also an ability exclusive to her Hybrid form.
true, i just think that she's more likely to defeat him before he manages to defeat her since she tends to try to end the fight as soon as possible either with her explosions,
Ditto of the last two.
Rico doesn't have hands smh. Rico's small size and agility are gonna make it hard for her to cut him. Rico can also take her knife from her with his mobility and much higher LS.
so i'm gonna keep my vote on reze
Counted!

ay, you're watchin BIRD UP!

anyways its a rico sweep sorry guys.

right off the bat, could rico KILL reze? maybe. the obvious thing first, he has a 3x AP edge. which while isnt enough to one-shot. would mean all of his hits would do some pretty hefty damage. reze's regeneration on the surface makes it incredibly hard to properly put her down. which, while it can be. it would require her pin to be pulled for her best regeneration feat. and after that, theres nothing stopping rico from blowing her up again.

reze's enhanced senses only apply to smell according to the devil physiology page, so she'd still be prone to the smoke grenades. not to mention he can limit her vision with his cheese dust or outright put her to sleep with knockout gas.

skill wise, rico seems to be more skilled with the arguments presented. decades of fighting experience is far better than fighting a horde of vaguely skilled armed people. even if the former is downscaling.

so yeah common rico w

ay, you're watchin BIRD UP!

anyways its a rico sweep sorry guys.

right off the bat, could rico KILL reze? maybe. the obvious thing first, he has a 3x AP edge. which while isnt enough to one-shot. would mean all of his hits would do some pretty hefty damage. reze's regeneration on the surface makes it incredibly hard to properly put her down. which, while it can be. it would require her pin to be pulled for her best regeneration feat. and after that, theres nothing stopping rico from blowing her up again.

reze's enhanced senses only apply to smell according to the devil physiology page, so she'd still be prone to the smoke grenades. not to mention he can limit her vision with his cheese dust or outright put her to sleep with knockout gas.

skill wise, rico seems to be more skilled with the arguments presented. decades of fighting experience is far better than fighting a horde of vaguely skilled armed people. even if the former is downscaling.

so yeah common rico w
I'll count this as a vote for Rico.

What was you smoking when you had this idea?

Voting in Rico due to OP´s and MassivlyUnkn0wn´s reasons + His reaction Speed ensuring a big advantage on his favor

What was you smoking when you had this idea?

Voting in Rico due to OP´s and MassivlyUnkn0wn´s reasons + His reaction Speed ensuring a big advantage on his favor
I mean there are connections between them. both are assassin/spy-type characters with an affiliation with explosives plus both their names start with R and are four letters long.
Counted!

Rico can vomit out his own knives to use or something bigger like a kendo sword
how skilled is he with those weapons?(he doesn't even have weapon mastery on his profile)
That's a Transformed ability so she doesn't have it here.

This is also an ability exclusive to her Hybrid form.

Ditto of the last two.
she is in her human form in all of those scans(it doesn't even make sense for her instinctive action to be under her bomb form but wtv)
Rico doesn't have hands smh. Rico's small size and agility are gonna make it hard for her to cut him.
her acrobatics are gonna help her in this situation since they're in a closed space
Rico can also take her knife from her with his mobility
do you mean his surface scaling? reze should be able to keep up due to her acrobatics
and much higher LS.
it would require for him to be able to grab her knife which would be extremely difficulty due to her skill, acrobatics and weapon mastery
how often does he starts fighting using that?
skill wise, rico seems to be more skilled with the arguments presented. decades of fighting experience is far better
we don't even know if he has decades since his profile states that
Unknown if it is in penguin years or human years
than fighting a horde of vaguely skilled armed people. even if the former is downscaling.
That's not her best skill feat imo but i already talked about it in my last comment

This thread was where I found out the penguins had relativistic reactions, maybe I should submit the other laser dodges for calcing.

how skilled is he with those weapons?(he doesn't even have weapon mastery on his profile)
Rico is very skilled with weapons him not having weapon mastery is probably a fluke.
she is in her human form in all of those scans(it doesn't even make sense for her instinctive action to be under her bomb form but wtv)
Iirc doesn't she appear in her hybrid form right after exploding?
her acrobatics are gonna help her in this situation since they're in a closed space
I'd say it would do the opposite. Due to being in an enclosed space, she has less room for movement.
do you mean his surface scaling? reze should be able to keep up due to her acrobatics
I was referring to Rico's general movement ability.
how often does he starts fighting using that?
Iirc he doesn't start with them but is willing to use them if needed.

They fuse into Bomb from Angry Birds (Incon): 0
8nvlv8.jpg

Back