• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Longevity or Immortality (Type 1)?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
We seem to have a bit of a problem.

I have noticed that the definition in the Immortality page currently lists longevity as the inability to at all die from old age and diseases.

However, plenty of the characters who list it as an ability (including Odin (Marvel Comics), who is used as an example in the immortality page) do age, just very slowly.

I am uncertain how to solve the problem. Should we have a separate longevity power and abilities page for characters that are simply extremely long-lived?

It would create some problems for us, however, as it is extremely hard to find all of the characters that have "Immortality (Type 1)" listed, and to then evaluate whether or not they qualify.

Help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay.....

Hmm. I'm unsure of this as well, Ant. Characters like Odin and Beerus can still age, but very slowly. Something that does not fit with our part of definition of Type 1 Immortality.

Yes. A separate longevity powers and abilities page might be best. Perhaps Reppuzan could create one for us?

I suppose so. It seems to be the best bet if we're still going with our current definition of Type 1 Immortality.

However, it's just as you said in the OP: We would likely have to go through any pages of characters who have immortality (of course, it's variattable but we'd likely have to still check them out anyways) and see which ones have this similar case. But even then it's also like what you just said on that we have to evaluate weather or not they have Type 1 Immortality or simply just Longivity...

Well, it depends on whether or not anybody is willing to do so. Othervise, different members could gradually change the profiles over time.

It'd probably be a good idea to make a Longevity page, yeah.

I have asked Reppuzan and A6colute for assistance. They have made most of our P&A pages.

Having a separate page does make sense, since Longevity and Agelessness are two separate things entirely. Not to mention the fact that characters like Odin have been weakened by old age.

So I'm in support of this, the only problem is to go through all of the pages with Immortality Type 1 and making sure it's actually immortality and not Longevity.

Yes. Would you be willing to write the page?

I think that it seems fine.

So, does anybody know of any characters that genuinely do not age at all, that we can use as examples for type 1 immortality?

Mxyzptlk lives a cyclic lifespan in which he dies and is reborn as himself, reliving his own life over and over.

Arceus might be a possible candidate.

I do not know enough about Cosmo and Wanda.

I have a hard time seeing Garlic Jr. as qualifying, but may be wrong.

I got a good one. Many characters from Steven Universe.

@Rep. I remember Cosmo explicitly stating that he's immortal, but what you are saying is true. Esp. seeing how Poof is a thing.

Well, Zeref has the protection of a deity type of immortality. Alucard might work though.

Apocalypse ages, and transfers his consciousness between host bodies.

Well, I already posted a few examples in the immortality page.

Yes, I agree. Separate page for Longevity is a best solution.

I checked Longevity page. Looks ok for me.

Back