• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LOL Summoner's power?

how powerful summoner and summoner orgenization

What I know is...

Summoner can summon endless wave of minions and powering powerful tower

Summoner can summon and control powerful being

Summoner can Empower their Champion by rune, mastery and spell

Summoners are actually fairly powerful. When Lee Sin was training to become a Summoner he attempted to test his summoning magic and ended up obliterating an entire village on accident. Imagine what a master summoner with full control over his power could do. Summoner magic is also powerful enough to keep Cho'Gath, Nocturne, and Brand contained, and some specialized Summoners, such as the Senior Arcane Architect for the Summoner's Rift arena, are able to create artificial constructs from basically nothing (The Baron Nashor on the Rift is a weaker copy created from a single scale and a description of the monster).

Yeah burnt down everything. Not his eyes though. Always thought he burnt his eyes.

Wouldn't Summoner Spells apply to them too?

And actually, wasn't the summoner magic restricting those three kinda Moot with League Lore?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Yeah burnt down everything. Not his eyes though. Always thought he burnt his eyes.
Wouldn't Summoner Spells apply to them too?

And actually, wasn't the summoner magic restricting those three kinda Moot with League Lore?
Yes, he set himself on fire in protest of the Noxian occupation of Ionia, remaining on fire for weeks without eating or sleeping, and by the time the fires were put out his eyes were completely burned out of their sockets.

The only real destructive ones are Smite and Ignite (Unless you count Mark), but if we include those it gives Summoners Forcefield creation, Status effect removal, Speed reduction (For enemies), Defense reduction, Short and Long range teleportation, Speed amplification (For themselves and allies), Healing, Fire Manipulation, Slight Regenerationn nullification, Ice manipulation, Forcefield negation, Clairvoyance, Temporary invulnerability, Ressurection, Silencing, Attack speed amping, and Physical and Magic damage amping.

The summoners restricting them is still mentioned in all three of their lores.

I want to link a comic showing what really happened involving Annie, but I can't. Oh and should we add Heat Resistance to Lee Sin or is that already in?

Gotcha, but there has to be a slight delay or cooldown then... And don't call it Gameplay Mechanics. Some people's own stamina are represented by cooldowns. Either way all of those are pretty spot on. Maybe bypassing conventional durabiltiy slightly with ignite? Although I don't see where Temporary Invulnerability is coming from.

Which may change considering they're quite old. Or you know, are considered obsolete due to the ever chaning realm of League's Lore. Wasn't it Perp himself that said that? Well either way, it's vague for now. Otherwise we also have League Summoners controlling Sol.

The closest thing we have is from the artbook. And yeah we should, i'll add it.

Oops, my bad, i read the description for Fortify wrong, it only makes turrets temporarily invulnerable.

True but until the lore is rewritten they have nothing else to go off of. Plus, since Summoners as a whole were retconned, shouldnt every feat they have from before the retcon be canon for them?

What? Oh, I was referring to a joke comic I found about what really happened to Lee sin's eyes lol. And yeah thanks.

Still something. Defense magnification? But then again I suppose that's Barrier.

I don't quite understand the question. What do you mean? You're planning to compile all the feats they ever had?

Oh lol

True, but Barrier is more of a forcefield that can be cast on themselves, whereas Fortify is turret exclusive. Then again, they wont always have turrets so i guess they cant really use that too often...

What i mean is Summoners as a whole were essentially retconned from the lore, so anything involving them would be canon for Summoners, but non-canon to the current lore. The only exceptions we make for this are champions with lore that has not been rewritten and still include Summoners.

I'll try to find it on a SFW site if I can. Pretty funny anyway and definitely my headcanon since it's savage Annie.

Unless the scenario calls for it on the battlefield? Like.... one person vs League Army in a League game? On the other hand what did you say about true damage smite and ignite?

And I see your point then. Yeah that makes sense then. Kinda kepe them as Old Canon and Current Canon. I can't argue with that.

I think i found it, look up "annie and lee sin" on google images, its in the third row.

Hmm, that is a possibility. And yes, Smite and Ignite would negate durability.

The one on elohell? Yup that's the one lol.

I think there's a certain limit to it though since it can't immediately finishing off enemies. And seeing it can be blocked by defenses and barriers there's a limit to it. Then again would everyone with true damage have that buff? That would be nice I mean.

Actually they bypass physical and magical defenses since they deal True Damage. I thought True Damage cant be blocked?

But they can be blocked by healt shields and barriers. So in a way it's ... blocking? It's the same vein as an attack dealing soul damage but if it's block with a shield then...

Although I think it should bypass conventional durability, maybe it can also be blocked?

Yeah, conventional durability, not including forcefields/shields/healing magic being used to counter it.

If that's the case, then should we really have non-canon (as in pre-retcon) profiles? I know that a lot of the champs we have get their info and stuff from pre-retcon lore, but should we really apply that to Summoners, considering that they don't really matter anymore in the game (champs have the excuse of being played currently plus possiblility of being updated in the future)?

We have a few high-tier profiles that have stats that are specified as being retconned, we would just put a note at the bottom of the page saying that most of the lore concerning the Summoners was retconned and is no longer canon, but still played a crucial role in the early days of the game.

The Summoners were almost entirely retconned out of the lore with the exception of a few champs who have yet to have their lore rewritten. However, we have several profiles here that include stats from or are strictly based around retconned feats, such as Beyonder (Pre-Retcon), Molecule Ma, The Brothers Yin and Yang, The-One-Above-All, and Unicro. And like i said before, the Summoners and the Institute of War played major role in LoL lore during the first few years of LoL. They may have been retconned but they still have recorded feats and abilities and are notable enough to have a profile.

The issue is it's not as if the old lore is going to be staying around though. Nor is it treated as a former canon that could still be checked out anytime they want. That said my only real big complaint is how in that case they won't scale to restricting Sol and the other new hi tiers. But to make a profile like that... well up to you. I'll help out if I can though.

Back