• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doesn’t Gwen stomp with Tier 8 Magic? I mean the crap can form barriers and attack people, even if speed’s equal they one-shot, can defend from whatever Lois puts out and more.

i mean they both have 10-B dura so they are both capable of one-shotting eachother. Lois has a gun and original series Gwen has to speak to cast spells and i sincerely doubt she can talk faster than a bullet or whatever blast comes from the hell bat gauntlet. (also need i remind you the hellbat gauntlet effected something that could take blows from a 4-B superman?).

(Deleted my previous post because I totally got bamboozled, I forgot about this for a bit and for some reason instantly thought of Lois from Family Guy instead of Lois from DC, lol. That’s completely my bad. Honestly that may have affected my last post too, I don’t recall.)

Alright, well, first off, if the Hellbat Gauntlet can affect Superman it certainly should not be a ‘Possibly Higher’ rating, should be rated properly, that’s just weird. Second off, you equalized Speed- Gwen could cast a spell in the same timeframe Lois needs to attack even if they needed to speak. More importantly, Energy Blasts don’t need Gwen to speak and I’m 95% sure they’re their starting move, I don’t recall whether Barriers also need that since this is OS or not.
Quick question- how does the Hellbat Gauntlet work? How in-character are they to use it/what’s their typical starting move with it?

(Deleted my previous post because I totally got bamboozled, I forgot about this for a bit and for some reason instantly thought of Lois from Family Guy instead of Lois from DC, lol. That’s completely my bad. Honestly that may have affected my last post too, I don’t recall.)

Alright, well, first off, if the Hellbat Gauntlet can affect Superman it certainly should not be a ‘Possibly Higher’ rating, should be rated properly, that’s just weird. Second off, you equalized Speed- Gwen could cast a spell in the same timeframe Lois needs to attack even if they needed to speak. More importantly, Energy Blasts don’t need Gwen to speak and I’m 95% sure they’re their starting move, I don’t recall whether Barriers also need that since this is OS or not.
Quick question- how does the Hellbat Gauntlet work? How in-character are they to use it/what’s their typical starting move with it?
well it it didn't hurt superman it pushed back and maybe lightly injured an alien that survived hits from superman. so it should actually mabye be like 4-Cish at the very very highest. im not certain that that is how speed equal works. as for how the gauntlet works? its been a while i don´t remember but it should be in character. as for in character and starting move that depends on the situation, terrain and distance either could and might go for CQC but either could stay at a distance and attack with ranged options. i don´t think either has a definite opening move or anything.

Fun fact: Lois’ page is horrible. They don’t go into any detail on what the Hellbat does, the range isn’t done (Standard Melee Range, despite having Firearms literally in their key? Really?), Hellbat Gauntlet as Standard Equipment (I doubt they carry that thing around everywhere, come on). I think I’ve seen low-effort pages better than this thing.

Either way, SBA puts them at about a Tens of Meters range. Speed Equal means exactly what it’s sounds like, Speed is equal, from the speed of their firearms to how fast they can run. It’s made because Speedblitzing, which is common in Fiction, makes a lot of matches boring. In addition, SBA, aka Standard Battle Assumptions, puts them in the Central Park of New York. If Lois leads with Melee they’re pretty much dead, and if they attack with Firearms first then that sucks because Gwen has a lot of options to use under fire- Summoning Giant Cobras that can take hits, paralyzing spells, spells to create Tornadoes or Waterspouts which can function as Shields, spells to blind Lois, etc. will all be troublesome if Gwen even thinks of using them.

ive been on this particular site 4 months longer than you and have been vs debating since like 2015 you dont need to explain speedblitzing to me. but if speed equal works as you seem to think it does than either lois´s bullets and gwen´s spells are both traveling at like 10 m/s tops which is practically a snails pace in comparison to how fast either actually move at or they both travel at relativistic speeds and lois´s bullets break the laws of physics and receive a massive increase in AP.

Last edited:
Relax man, I wasn’t accusing you of squat and I wasn’t implying you were somehow here less than me. You said you didn’t know the mechanics of Speed Equal matches, so I tried my best to explain the way I know how. Either way, Speed Equal matches do, in fact, equalize Projectile Speeds, Reaction speeds, and overall speeds in general- that much has been accepted over time, so don’t go trying to say ‘Well now they move at Relativistic Speeds and get a massive AP boost’ because if you’re really so good at debating on this site, you know for a fact that’s neither the intent or mechanics of a Speed Equalized match.

Relax man, I wasn’t accusing you of squat and I wasn’t implying you were somehow here less than me. You said you didn’t know the mechanics of Speed Equal matches, so I tried my best to explain the way I know how. Either way, Speed Equal matches do, in fact, equalize Projectile Speeds, Reaction speeds, and overall speeds in general- that much has been accepted over time, so don’t go trying to say ‘Well now they move at Relativistic Speeds and get a massive AP boost’ because if you’re really so good at debating on this site, you know for a fact that’s neither the intent or mechanics of a Speed Equalized match.
i said i wasn´t certain that that was how speed equal works because whether/how it effects projectiles or not has been debated over since before i knew vs debating was a thing. also im not saying im amazing or better than you or anything (im pretty crap actually) i was just saying ¨you dont need to explain the basics to me¨ im just bad at explaining so get over yourself.

Last edited:
OS Gwen has enough skill to keep up with Future Doctor Animo in a fight. Lois is dead unless Gwen tries to block a shot of the Hellbat, which I doubt Lois would use against a “little girl”.

Back