• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Logan Paul Profile (No I am not kidding)

Pikaman

He/Him
So as you may have heard Logan Paul recently signed a contract with the WWE, officially making him a member of the acting crew. There are a few things I wish to clear up around the possibility of later down the road adding the character he will play to the wiki with a profile.

So the question is “Is Logan Paul as a WWE Superstar the exception to the rule that WWE Characters are not in any way stage personas?”

The issue is generally about the creative decisions made. Paul has already made numerous guest appearances on WWE, but our rules obviously don’t allow guest stars to have profiles, because all kinds of people from Wayne Rooney to Donald Trump have appeared. Logan Paul competed in ring under his own name, as himself, as a guest appearance. But after it turned out he was very good at wrestling, he has now signed a full time deal to join the WWE Brand. It can only be assumed that WWE will continue to use Logan Paul “as himself”, which poses issues

1. It is a different scenario to literally everyone else. He was a guest character that is now going to become a regular fixture. This would mean it can be assumed that it will be “Logan Paul as himself” instead of the standard example of say “Fergal Devitt as Finn Bálor”. Which means he is not exactly a Superstar, more a recurring guest star that gets treated like an honorary Superstar. Which means he may not be able to qualify for profiles through the same means as regular superstars do.

2. The idea of a “Logan Paul” profile just brings a lot of issues, if he truly plays himself like an extension of a guest star, then he’s playing himself and not a character. Which obviously is against the rules.

Now, WWE might make him a proper Superstar, Ring Name, fully fledged setup etc. etc., in which case I think adding his character fails to pose any issues, we have tons of profiles of characters played by people famous for things other than acting, this would be no different. But I ask what our stance is assuming he doesn’t make any of those changes and just continues on as he did when he was a guest character. Actually here’s the question I’ll ask to make it more broad and apply a precedent

“If a real life figure/celebrity appears as a guest star in a fictional work, playing themselves, and then become a regular staple and character in that work later down the line, are they eligible for a profile?”

My personal belief is Logan Paul will end up being treated as a recurring guest star/“honorary” Superstar due to his previous fame outside of combat sports, and thus is different to the rest of the cast and will not qualify for a profile. Obviously we do not yet know how he will be treated, but I’m willing to bet it’s how I described above, and I believe it is more hassle than it’s worth to create a profile based on that kind of status.

I can’t believe I have to ask this...

Honestly even if Logan Paul became eligible there is a 10 mile long queue for WWE and Other Pro Wrestling profiles and he’s heading straight to the back of it, so this really is more for precedent/many, many years in the future rather than a pressing issue

Back