• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LN Light speed feat

If your a supporter for Light novels and have a pretty vague Feat for somebody blocking a SoL attack what rating would y’all normally give for that?

Immeasurable speed.
4RxX5q.gif

I've seem many different ratings. They range from Rel, Rel+ and Speed of Light, I do think there needs to be a standard for these types of feats.
Yeah honestly it would be so much easier if there was a standard for these feats like Rel for mid to long range Rel+ for mid to close and SoL for very close

Depends how vague, no given distance or timeframe? Then you shouldn't be allowed to give it a rating imo, otherwise it requires ridiculous assumptions.

Depends how vague, no given distance or timeframe? Then you shouldn't be allowed to give it a rating imo, otherwise it requires ridiculous assumptions.
Well how does LN handle feats like that?

Cus I’m sure they just don’t toss it away.

Well how does LN handle feats like that?

Cus I’m sure they just don’t toss it away.
They should be tossed away if it's that vague, there have been many non LN feats that get rejected because they require too many assumptions, don't see why LN feats would be any different.

Well I’m not here to debate whether or not it’s valid or should be thrown away.

I just want to know from LN supporter’s what’s their usual go to rating for blocking a SoL attack.

Well I’m not here to debate whether or not it’s valid or should be thrown away.

I just want to know from LN supporter’s what’s their usual go to rating for blocking a SoL attack.
Should at least have high reaction 🤷‍♂️ for blocking but kinda depends how it's fired
Jjr73b.gif

Usually with feats like this you have some sense of the range (based on stuff like fight setting, description of movements, and type of combat) and can estimate based on that. If you don’t, and it’s just vaguely long range, then a “possibly relativistic” is probably the best you can expect.

Back