• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Live Action One Piece Discussion Thread

I did watch OP as it was coming out weekly in the past but I stopped at the arc with Carrot, suffered from extreme burnout after dressrosa after years of watching weekly.

The current stuff looks good and the live action was pretty fun so maybe I can get back into it its just a lot😭😭
You can just read the manga if you wish. It requires far less time.

People finding out Garp is Luffy's grandpa in 2023 is hilarious
How could you spoil the series like that for me KT

dog-middle-finger.gif

I don't care about one piece spoilers, because the series is very long and avoiding them is like avoiding dying, impossible.
I already know almost all the important things even without having seen them

Watching all these new OP fans who are solely fans because of the live action gives me a superiority complex
You're worthless, you will never amount to anything, and your Blackbeard revision smells (which you do as well).

There, superiority complex curbed.

It gives me a superiority complex knowing that they fell in love with the worse version of the series
My Dad ended up watching it. He often watches anime we recommend but i didn't know he'd actually watch it since he was never interested in watching the 1074 ep series and I thought he probably wasn't interested in it too, but he did. He said he was a step away from fully loving it, so basically a 9/10. I was surprised. He is often critical at movies that are subpar but this time he very much expressed his love for it.
If people who never watched one piece or were scared by the thousand episodes they'd have to watch to get into it managed to get invested in this masterpiece of a world via the LA, then I'll be happy even if they end up preferring it to the original, since at the very least there is a way for them to enjoy this story.

Back