• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Link vs Kratos

Both from Soul Calibur

Now that they have literally the same tier and the same speed, it's time to make them fight!
The research for the cursed sword has brought those two warriors from other worlds to fight one againts the other, and only one will be able to claim the prize!

SBA

Link: 2 (XSOULOFCINDERX, Ican'tthinkof1goodname)

Kratos:

Inconclusive:

LINKY.png
Kratos_in_Soul_Calibur_Rendered.png

Last edited:
Kratos pretty much fights like his counterpart, with the Blades of Chaos that can be extended due to the chains, and used for other purposes like grappling the enemy, make combos, aerial attacks and swing on walls and ceilings.
He also has the Blade of Olympus and the Wings to briefly fly.
I don't know where BFR comes from, it isn't mentioned anywhere in his lore or in the moveset, it might be a reference of the fact that in Soul Calibur you can throw people out of the stages, which is questionable if it should be considered a power, but that's another story.

I also should mention that part of Link's weaponry isn't his standard equipment, so he will not be able to use some of the powers listed.

So now it just depends. I think Link has a minor AP Edge since he beat Inferno who scales above all the other High 6-As aside from Siegfried at the time. Speaking of which, which game does Kratos come from?

Between IV and V, but it doesn't have a real story mode and it isn't canon

Then I'm pretty sure Link has the AP and possibly skill edge. Inferno, despite being an insane power hungry monster, isn't stupid and he certainly isn't unskilled. He takes the skills from all of his wielders and composites it into his own Fighting Style, and Link beat that guy

Kratos pretty much fights like his counterpart, with the Blades of Chaos that can be extended due to the chains, and used for other purposes like grappling the enemy, make combos, aerial attacks and swing on walls and ceilings.
He also has the Blade of Olympus and the Wings to briefly fly.
I don't know where BFR comes from, it isn't mentioned anywhere in his lore or in the moveset, it might be a reference of the fact that in Soul Calibur you can throw people out of the stages, which is questionable if it should be considered a power, but that's another story.

I also should mention that part of Link's weaponry isn't his standard equipment, so he will not be able to use some of the powers listed.
He has BFR because that's what the BoO does. It's what Zeus did during the great war to end it. It is one of the powers of the Blade itself, along with absorption, Non-physical interaction, ect.

It shouldn't be included in his Soul Calibur profile, then, since he didn't demonstrated those powers within a Soul Calibur game.
I also thought that Absorption was due to parries or similar reasons.
Although the official english site of Broken Destinies makes a recap of some of the GoW series, those powers aren't mentioned and therefore shouldn't be included due to the rules regarding crossovers.
I guess I will make a mini CRT to have them removed, but they weren't influencing this match anyway, so the votes and the argumrents are still valid for both sides.

Then I'm pretty sure Link has the AP and possibly skill edge. Inferno, despite being an insane power hungry monster, isn't stupid and he certainly isn't unskilled. He takes the skills from all of his wielders and composites it into his own Fighting Style, and Link beat that guy
^ It's pretty much boils down to this.

Back