• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limbo vs Liliana. Battle for the strongest non-smurf Low 6-B

So why can't this just be nulled by default

Some counterspells are ridiculous. Others just work in strange ways.

Yeah her schizophreniaThe Chain Veil's acted independent of her to protect her from stuff she wasn't even aware of. Protected her from Jace Belere poking around in her head, and also Emrakul.

Again earl, I have no clue for her specific counters and don't feel like searching rn. You'll get an answer to that later.

Just gonna say this, throwing a planeswalker to a different dimension doesn't mean anything because they would just comeback unless you can find some way to actively prevent them. I mean, that's the entire point of planeswalkers is the fact that they can travel to different planes/worlds/dimensions.

Next up, saying that counter magic won't work Warframes because they're tech seems silly. The Warframe channels the Void powers of their Operator to make the frame's various abilities work. This is little different from planeswalkers who channel mana for their spells. For all intensive purposes, a Warframe is an artifact by M:tG standards. Basically, it's space magic.

Finally, even if Limbo's Banish did prevent Liliana from coming back, I would be questioning the validity of this match in it's entirety given how that conclusion came forth.

C2 of Omegon said:
Next up, saying that counter magic won't work Warframes because they're tech seems silly. The Warframe channels the Void powers of their Operator to make the frame's various abilities work. This is little different from planeswalkers who channel mana for their spells. For all intensive purposes, a Warframe is an artifact by M:tG standards. Basically, it's space magic.

Finally, even if Limbo's Banish did prevent Liliana from coming back, I would be questioning the validity of this match in it's entirety given how that conclusion came forth.
No one said counter magic wouldn't work on the Warframe as their void energy could very easily be considered magical, what is being disputed is all of their non-magical tech, like scanners, specter summoning, weapons like Glaxion (AZ SoL beam), Orvius for Body Puppetry, etc.

@C2 Depending on what Void powers are counterspells would still work seeing as counterspells to nullify Aether Thaumaturgy which is manipulating of the Blind Eternities itself

Emrakul, posted above.

Also why does your guy get to go first with the perfect optimal strategy when all she really does by default is think at things and kill them

Wokistan said:
Emrakul, posted above.

Also why does your guy get to go first with the perfect optimal strategy when all she really does by default is think at things and kill them
Warframe is about optimizing everything for the best result and there isn't such thing as a standard loadout unless it's decided upon by the OP.

Also if this was perfectly optimal Vess wouldn't even know Limbo was coming because Warframes are all about stealth.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
You have to pick a loadout, warframes don't run around as composites...
I had not listed more than one weapon of each class, Glaxion and Orvius can occur at the same time.

There's also the matter of specter loadouts as well.

@Weekly, She nullified the time manipulation from that dude too?

@Wok

Well warframes have quite a shitton of focus on "strategy play" and besides what i've mentioned right now is literally just point and BFR which is pretty in character. He does either that or yeets himself into the void (which would make him immune to the death hax).

As for the death hax as i said above, he literally just moves forward and enters the rift and he's got about a dozen immortalities.

@Sigurd

Warframes not being able to change loadout mid mission is pretty much just game mechanics considering they can do so in any other place (obviously liset, but it includes dojos and relays too).

Besides as Abstraction said, he really doesn't need more than 1 set. Though he has specters so he can use all weapons at the same time, theoretically speaking.

They don't transmat gear out of thin air like destiny characters. All the places you named are places where they can switch out. So no it's not a simple game mechanic.

I mean i can make the same argument there. Their weapons are in their ships. How can they change when not in the ship then? They shouldn't have their weapons when swapping in the Dojo or Relays, yet they somehow do.

Back