• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
While a race car is capable of around 6 megajoules rounded to the nearest whole number, here's the thing. That's based on the KE of a car when its moving, which is only applied when it rams into something. Cars ramming into things never went well! Now, one could argue that a car in the Cars verse is superior to a real car, but given The King nearly died from being sent flying by a sideswipe from Chick Hicks and Doc went through the same near-death experience back in the early 1950s when the best a car could do was 124 miles per hour (https://www.hotcars.com/fastest-cars-in-the-world-1950s/#:~:text=Jaguar XK120 ), I highly doubt they're THAT superior. This is from a sideswipe! Imagine how deadly a head-on collision would be!

As for elephants, they had their fair share of rodeos with vehicles. Just with their trunk, an elephant could swing a motorcycle around. Elephants were regularly seen taking out cars and even trucks. Even a 4-ton rhinoceros or hippopotamus isn't a problem for them. And you know what elephants have one over with cars? Trees!

If you pit a car against a tree, the tree is always gonna win! I would know, my dad lost the front bumper of his Ford E350 trying to pull out a measly tree stump with it! That isn't a problem with elephants. Elephants have been observed pushing down trees trying to get food from them. An elephant even demolished homes while boozed out, although a home in India or whatever country Asian elephants lived in is basically comparable to a mobile home here in the US, which REALLY isn't saying much.

So what's a random Formula 1-level racer gonna do against a creature that usually reigned supreme over motor vehicles? Let's find out.

This battle will be fully SBA. Not that it matters since car+elephant typically means a dead car.

Here are their profiles:

Lightning McQueen's Profile

Elephant's Profile

Who takes this? Pretty sure an elephant can easily take out Lightning as soon as either side lands a hit, but we'll see.

Lightning McQueen: 0

Elephant: 0 (1 pending from HonestlyBored24)

Thunder McQueen: 0 (Side note, when was the last time someone used that joke?)

Last edited:
Well, speed isn’t equalized, so McQueen can easily outspeed the elephant. But i don’t really see McQueen being able to do much to the elephant. And McQueen isn’t even going to reach his peak kinetic energy instantly, so he’s going to have to build it up over time. And who’s to say McQueen can survive his own kinetic energy? If any real life race car rammed into an elephant at 200 mph, it would explode into a firey inferno! When McQueen crashed at a similar speed to his top speed, everybody thought he died! Not saying that the elephant wouldn’t be affected, but I’m just saying.

So, I’m leaning towards the elephant for now, but I’m not sure if I’m ready to lock in my vote.

Back