• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Yujiro Hanma

I really, REALLY love this match. I give my kudos to everyone in this thread.

Personally, I'll give more detailed scans later, but summing it up: I believe that Light can kill him in more scenarios than the contrary.

Kira's Advantages:
As Armor pointed out, he is the better detective and thinker in this scenario, ans there is 0 doubt that he'd find out about Yujiro quite quickly. His anonimity is better concealed than that of Yujiro. The moment he finds out, taking Armor's assumption of 10 seconds, he can kill Yujiro more quickly. As with most L matches, it isn't Kira who makes the debate interesting: He is the obstacle that will eventually find out and kill you, given the chance.

Yujiro's Advantages
Most of all, Yujiro's exact identity isn't readily available. Everyone knows his Ogre persona, and his legends are widely known, but who he is exactly... Unknown. But I'd like to mention that it shouldn't be remotely hard for L to figure out about Yujiro's identity; hs profile isn't low, and it would be easy for L to discover about the undergroud fights, about the incidents the Ogre caused, perhaps the fight with Doppo, and from that, discovering Yujiro.

Everyone covered very well that Yujiro can do a mad fast dash to Kira and potentially catch him. I'd like to mention however two things: One, I do not like to take Yujiro being in Tokyo for granted. It is consistently shown he regularly travels around the entire world to do things. There is a good chance that he's caught out. The second thing is that Yujiro is chockfull of objectively Supersonic movement, but if we take the "moves fast enough to blitz people with X reactions" as speed (which I am a bit skeptical), his speed should be close to his reaction speed. Most Baki characters have specific moves that allow them to blitz people otherwise comparable, if not even faster than them. Yujiro is no exception. I'm also pretty sure he's much faster than Mach 10+ by other feats.

In any case, his extrasensory perception is also greater than stated here. Yes, his bloodlust feeling is great and would allow him to instsntly feel Kira, alright, but he has several other senses. Right now my mind has blanked, but not only he his five senses (plus some others) are extremely developed, he should scale to people that can do lots of stuff. I'll grab scans later. My point is that, if he's in Tokyo and comes to the general area of that Kira is, even without bloodlust, I believe Yujiro would find him if he really wanted to, before Kira could find out about him.

Also, Yujiro is extremely shrewd. While he lacks the detective skills of Kira, certainly, he has innate logical skills, tracking abilities and terrifying knowledge on human psychology. Given enough time, I do believe he can find out about Kira, but more importantly, have a good idea of his area, which is enough.

But despite that, i do think that under most circumstances, Kira kills Yujiro faster than otherwise. Granted, if Yujiro is in the region of Tokyo, I do think he'd win, quite quickly in fact, faster than Kira can find out about him, but the chances that such circumstances align are somewhat narrow.

Sorry for the lack of scans and bad writing, I'm on the phone right now.

Light for reasons above.
Yeah I gonna be the guy and say the shit is just for fun, like we’re not serious gonna add this and then have a ton of stupid Kira matches where the outcome plays the same lol. (Basically if Kira can find and kill the opponent before they find him)

I still on the side of Yujiro if he’s in Tokyo but man this entire thread was a trip

Last edited:
I think the main thing that needs to be specified is the process light will need to go through in order to figure out yujiro’s identity. I do think it would easier to figure out as appose to L’s true identity, but that doesn’t mean it would be easy. Not even close.

Let’s take a look at the people who do know yujiro’s true identity, when it comes to government workers because that is the only avenue for Light to figure it out. I think BakiHanma18 can help me with the scans of these. The list of people who work in government potions that we have seen reference yujiro by his full name or present for when it was stated are Captain Strydum and Hillary Clinton. These people would fall into the category of unsure because they have only referenced him as Ogre,prime minister of Japan, all presidents since the regan administration and the FBI.

Cleary the only way for Light to figure out yujiro’s true name is through the FBI. So we would have to agree on a time frame for light to get the information out of the FBI in order to kill yujiro.

It would be the most likely scenario that yujiro would get contacted by the USA first, travel there and then start the investigation from there.

So we are working with that.

It's a bit unlikely that most presidents wouldn't know Yujiro's identity, at least since the official peace agreement that they made with him. Such information would be shared and somewhat needed to make the agreement official. And that's not the only avenue; remember, while Yujiro's direct identity is well-hidden, his exploits as the Ogre are not, and by backtracking to the Korakuen arena or some other exploits of his, it really shouldn't take a long time for him to figure out the truth from someone like Doppo or Katsumi.

Besides, I think it's very hard to make any estimation in timeframe for L to research with any sort of precision. There are several factors and possibilities of things either going too wrong, too well, unexpected clues, unexpected lack of clues, many other things. Maybe we can get examples from similar happenings or clues of a timeframe within Death Note, but it is really, really hard to be accurate.

It's a bit unlikely that most presidents wouldn't know Yujiro's identity, at least since the official peace agreement that they made with him. Such information would be shared and somewhat needed to make the agreement official.
Yes not likely but we have also never seen them state yujiro’s full name. It is an additional possibility.
by backtracking to the Korakuen arena or some other exploits of his, it really shouldn't take a long time for him to figure out the truth from someone like Doppo or Katsumi.
The way he would make those connections would need to be specified. Also making contact with doppo could prove to be very bad for light because doppo can sense killing intent.

Besides, I think it's very hard to make any estimation in timeframe for L to research with any sort of precision.
I don’t think so I think. We could drum up a worst case time frame and a beat case time frame for light. The pivotal factor being how long it takes the FBI to put an agent on light’s house and then working it out from there.

Yes not likely but we have also never seen them state yujiro’s full name. It is an additional possibility.
But an extremely unlikely one. Not impossible, but it is much more likely that they do know.

The way he would make those connections would need to be specified. Also making contact with doppo could prove to be very bad for light because doppo can sense killing intent.
Again, there are several ways to do so. I do agree however that it would be good to have some reference to the kind of resources that Light usually has for tracking people. But good point about Doppo. He still should be able to contact other involved people, but Doppo should be off-bounds.

I don’t think so I think. We could drum up a worst case time frame and a beat case time frame for light. The pivotal factor being how long it takes the FBI to put an agent on light’s house and then working it out from there.
That's fair. I do think it is almost impossible to give a satisfactory coverage of even a good amount of possibilities, but it would be good to detail more about Light's capabilities, and for that fact, for most real life/Baki's nations' security agencies. I'll try to post about Yujiro's most helpful allies and methods soon.

I think we should rethink involving the other Baki characters because a lot of them have extra sensory perception or instincts that would lead them to figure out light. Hell one of them can out right bring themselves back from the dead.

I think we should rethink involving the other Baki characters because a lot of them have extra sensory perception or instincts that would lead them to figure out light. Hell one of them can out right bring themselves back from the dead.
I see where you're getting at, but Light is known for keeping a low profile, anonymity, and wit. On top of that, possesses access to databases, and presumably utilizes the internet.

Back