• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Yujiro Hanma

Instead of getting L on the case, the world’s super power nations elect to get Yujiro on the case.
They are both in Tokyo and Yujiro knows about Kira but doesn’t know it’s Light.
Light knows they have sent the strongest man in the world after him but he doesn’t know who it is.

All other events that played out in death note will play out normally the only difference is yujiro taking the place of L. With yujiro’s back story being an established part of the universe.

Who figures it out first?

Last edited:
Yujiro is extremely smart, but I'm pretty sure Light would have an easier time figuring out who's coming after him, since Yujiro isn't exactly low-profile, given that the United States renews its non-aggression pact with him after every new president is sworn in iirc. Kind of a big deal, on top of all the other crazy shit he's done and the fear and respect he commands worldwide. He simply leaves more blatant, recognizable tracks in his wake than Light, so he's getting found out and killed before he does the same to Kira.

Yujiro Hanma’s identity is only know to high level politicians. I also do not know how he would leave a trial, he has stealth mastery on his profile. Odd that I a non mod can have access to a tag system that we aren’t aloud to use. Is this a new rule I’ve done it before and I’ve seen other none mods do it.

Alright, so we learned during Baki v Yujiro that Yujiro is an urban legend, but his actual identity is basically unknown. That said, Light is an omega brain, so it probably wouldn’t take him too long to backtrack from either rumors, sightings, or government documentation. To give Yujiro a chance as well, Yujiro can sense bloodlust from at least 7,500 miles (Yujiro at the end of NGB sensed Baki fighting imaginary Yujiro in Tokyo from Africa, minimum distance of ~12,000 km or ~7,500 miles), so basically, it comes down to this: if Yujiro is in Japan, Yujiro kills Light long before he discovers his identity. Yujiro is anywhere else, and Light is very likely to win. I suppose he could make it from China, Taiwan, Okinawan islands, etc, but my money’s on Light.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read OP closer, TL;DR: Light identifies Yujiro first, Yujiro kills Light first.

Last edited:
Alright, so we learned during Baki v Yujiro that Yujiro is an urban legend, but his actual identity is basically unknown. That said, Light is an omega brain, so it probably wouldn’t take him too long to backtrack from either rumors, sightings, or government documentation. To give Yujiro a chance as well, Yujiro can sense bloodlust from at least 7,500 miles (Yujiro at the end of NGB sensed Baki fighting imaginary Yujiro in Tokyo from Africa, minimum distance of ~12,000 km or ~7,500 miles), so basically, it comes down to this: if Yujiro is in Japan, Yujiro kills Light long before he discovers his identity. Yujiro is anywhere else, and Light is very likely to win. I suppose he could make it from China, Taiwan, Okinawan islands, etc, but my money’s on Light.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read OP closer, TL;DR: Light identifies Yujiro first, Yujiro kills Light first.
I mean to be fair going by our site Yujiro has the bigger brain tho, so won’t he just pull some random bullshit and find light before light finds him

The question is would yujiro be able to sense a killing intent that has no connection to him? Because light would just have an intent to kill the world’s strongest man, but he has no identity connected to it. Baki’s killing intent had a very distinct connection to yujiro’s image and identity. Would yujiro be able to tell light is Kira based upon his general intent to kill people?

"There is no way to reliably quantify intelligence, and even these rankings are just suggestions and guidelines for pages. It is more important that a page discusses a character's intelligence and gives feats for their varying skills than have a solid ranking, though it may help with quickly summarizing their overall intellects and how they measure up to others."

Having a higher intelligence rating just means you're better at what you excel at. In this case, Yujiro is a better fighter than Light is a detective, but unless Yujiro has better detective feats, we shouldn't treat him as smarter in this regard.

Oh no, I don’t think so. I think in order for Yujiro to get his Spider-Sense vibes, Light would have to have already figured out Yujiro’s identity and intent to write his name in the Death Note. As @NotoriouSoda mentioned, it’s possible Yujiro tries to play the game, but I don’t see him giving a wit IC, so it’ll have to come down to two things for Yujiro: speed and self preservation. Once Yujiro senses the intent and his instincts tip him off that he is going to 110% die from this, considering Yujiro doesn’t generally care for the loss of human life and seems to value his own to a significant degree (obviously lol), I wouldn’t put it past him to run directly to Light at top speed (regardless of people or things in the way). In essence, by guaranteeing his death, Light would be bloodlusting an already Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Evil guy. As for speed, if Yujiro is genuinely moving at Mach 70+, possibly Mach 100+ speeds (to be CRT’d), it’s entirely plausible that Yujiro could get to Light before he finishes putting pen to paper

Dodging something is combat/reaction speed, it shouldn't apply to movement speed

Alright, let's math this up.

Average "fast" typing speed is 40 wpm, and a word is around 5 letters in this context, so "Yujiro Hanma" is indeed 2 words, more or less. This means it'd take Light 3 seconds to type his name in the Death Note. Of course, Light is kind of a showboat and he'll probably spend, say, 10 seconds hamming it up as he pulls out the death note and types in his name. So let's use 10 seconds instead.

Now, assuming x3 sound speed, which is 343 m/s, we get 343 x 3 x 10, that being 10290 meters, or rougly 10 km. Now, Tokyo is 90 km wide from one side and 25 from the other, so, statistically speaking, Yujiro's chance at intercepting Light is below 50%. Let's calculate that chance, actually. Tokyo isn't a triangle but let's treat it like one for the sake of my sanity.

90 x 25 = 2250 km^2, while Yujiro's effective range is 314.15 km^2. 314.25 / 2250 * 100 = a 14% chance for Yujiro to be able to intercept Kira, and this isn't counting the odds of Yujiro standing on the "edge" of Tokyo when Light finds his name, which would lower the area of Tokyo he's scanning.

Of course, this is full of assumptions, so it'd be nice to get a speed calc for Yujiro. If you can find me a feat, I might even calc it myself.

Actually, my bad, I could just look up Tokyo's area lmao

It's 622 km², which means Yujiro has a 50.52% chance of killing Light... however, once again, this isn't counting the odds of Yujiro standing on the "edge" of Tokyo when Light finds his name, which are quite high, so I'd say Light still wins, assuming Yujiro is x3 speed of sound ofc

Movement speed? If that's the case that's a win for him yeah, unless Yujiro is the type to leave Japan before Light finds him

Roger that, I don’t how quickly I’ll be able to find a movement feat, but 3 off of the top of my head would be 1) A feat we actually see him do, where he covers a fair bit of distance seemingly instantly as a 16 year old (end of Maximum Tournament, Vietnam arc, Yujiro blitzing Diane when they first meet if anyone else wants to look for it), 2) Yujiro should scale directly to Musashi, who was able to dash at Mach 10 speeds (already calc’d on site), and 3) He likely should scale to Baki’s Cockroach Tackle, which moves at least 270km/h via statements or at most fast enough to badly blitz a person with +Mach 10 reaction speed on two separate occasions (most recent chapter of Dou 2018 reiterates 270km/h, and Baki’s Cockroach Tackle blitzes Yujiro with it during their fight at the end of SoO, with Yujiro having reacted to Musashi’s Mach 10 dash, and Baki’s Cockroach Tackle blitzed Musashi, who can move his body at Mach 10 speeds and react at +Mach 70 via reacting to Yujiro who rivals the speed of the Hitless Blow technique which has a speed of “thousands of miles a minute” via statement of Kaku Kaioh, its original creator

Any speed higher than 3x speed of sound is a win for Yujiro, if he is the type to stay in Tokyo. Also, would Light find any evidence of his ability to sense bloodlust before finding his name? I doubt it but ofc if that's the case he'd write it ASAP

Any speed higher than 3x speed of sound is a win for Yujiro, if he is the type to stay in Tokyo. Also, would Light find any evidence of his ability to sense bloodlust before finding his name? I doubt it but ofc if that's the case he'd write it ASAP
I don’t think so. He’d 100% find some account of Yujiro’s martial skill, strength, speed, durability, and certain abilities likely his instinctive reaction via eye witness account and rumor or government documentation, but it’d be extremely difficult for anyone to actually notice Extrasensory Perception take place. In the instance of, say, the Africa to Japan feat, he was entirely alone save for the lion he was fighting. Can’t think of another instance where it was that noticeable and/or couldn’t be chalked up to impressive Enhanced Senses

Alright, then my only question is whether Yujiro would leave Japan before Light's investigation, which is gonna be a day or two probably, ends. From what I understand he wanders the word, right?

We need to establish a time frame for light finding out yujiro’s identity. Even with lights intelligence i don’t think he’ll just figure it out in one school night.

True, maybe a week or two sounds better. Really though, the match boils down to the question I asked

Yeah, from what I can tell, it’s honestly a toss up. If he’s got business in Japan, he could stay for weeks. If not, he could be gone within hours. Since Yujiro is probably looking for Kira, the Japanese killer based out of Tokyo that can kill anyone in the world without getting caught, my bet would be staying

He doesn't know Light is japanese, does he? That's something L has to learn iirc

All other events that played out in death note will play out normally the only difference is yujiro taking the place of L. With yujiro’s back story being an establish part of the universe

I think light would need fbi access to find out yujiro’s face and full name because look at what he had to do to find out that FBI agent’s name. Yujiro is able to break into the worlds most highly secured government facilities with out being seen or caught on camera. Even people in high government positions think he’s a myth with all the information they have access to. Light would need to wait for Roy and work up the food chain from there.

All other events that played out in death note will play out normally the only difference is yujiro taking the place of L.
Uh, even the events that are specifically caused by L? That makes no sense

And isn't Kira being identified as Japanese a consequence of L's actions?

You assume yujiro won’t do the same? With all of the intelligence agencies working with him?

The way it was done was a very specific gambit and no, we can't assume he would replicate it just like that.

Yeah, while Yujiro isn’t the same type of intellectual Light is, working out things like range and location are some pretty basic strategies for even war fighters like Yujiro. If Oliva was able to constantly track down the locations of several of the death row inmates several times with only the minor help of the Tokyo police, Yujiro with several intelligence agencies should be able to work out a fairly similar strategy

The way it was done was a very specific gambit and no, we can't assume he would replicate it just like that.
Detective skills are one thing but yujiro still has a very high level of analytical skills and his extraordinary genius rating is not just from his fighting skills it’s because of his mastery over various fields of sciences and trades. L is way more experienced in detective work, but yujiro can learn insanely fast.

Back