• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light-Speed Garfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
A little early for this I guess? I mean the last one was concluded, but the changes are yet to be applied. Oh, whatever.

Well, apparently there's more justification for a light-speed Garfield. We already got Garfield outspeeding his room going dark (which is impossible to determine as regardless of how electricity works, it's hard to determine when light leaves a room). Beyond that, well, apparently the dude actually scooted away from the morning sun:
ElXFwtrXEAEPIZB

I found it on Twitter, so I only got a meme version of the strip (there are two Garfield memes going on; one where Jon yells "SPEAK TO ME!" at a deflated Garfield and one where Garfield throws himself out the window). If anyone can find the original, that'd be great). But yeah, I think he'd be light-speed if not at least relativistic+ on a visible level (because the light here was very visibly gaining on him). What do ya think? Would it be valid, or is there still too little to work with?

Is that Light Speed Tho? The Planet’s rotation factors a lot in this one for speed.

Is that Light Speed Tho? The Planet’s rotation factors a lot in this one for speed.
Good one. Hmm... As much as I wanna argue for light taking 8 minutes to reach Earth, the light had 4.54 billion years-since reached Earth, so that's automatically invalid.

-sigh- Dang toon physics. That's the second time they threw me into a loop.

That's sheer wank to assume as Light Speed :/

You can observe sunlight IRL work similarly (though the sky is already bright by that point) and it takes HOURS to do anything.

Let say someone points a flashlight at you and turns it on.

dodging the light coming at you =/= dodging the person moving the light to the right.

Lightspeed refers to the speed of light moving in a straight line, not the medium producting the light moving.

Think of a machine gun shooting next at you, you can outrun the person's arms moving the gun and the bullet hail, but you can't outrun the bullets themselves

I agree with the others this doesn't look like a lightspeed feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back