• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting Strength Question

Is lifting strength on this wiki based on a certain type of lift (bench, overhead press, etc.), or is it just the maximum amount of weight that a character can lift in any manner? For example, if I can squat 136 kg, but only bench 102 kg, would this be Athletic Human or Above Average Human?

I think that it usually means the amount of weight that characters can lift above their heads, by using their arms, but am not certain.

Don't those numbers seem kinda high then? Because even an elite athlete weighing 90 kg can rarely overhead press more than 107 kg or so. And even the world record is only around 227 kg or so, I think.

Well, unfortunately, I do not think that we have a set directive regarding this issue, so different profiles have likely used different standards.

It seems like the numbers are best suited for bench-pressing. but some profiles have much higher ratings. For example, composite human is ranked at class 5, for backlifting.

Okay. I suppose that the reason for the lack of a set standard is that it would make a limited difference for higher than human lifting strength ratings.

Back