• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lifting Strength feat with one arm

SunDaGamer

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
If a character deflects an object with one arm, would you have the calculate the force required for the object to be deflected and then multiply it by 2 to find their lifting strength?
Case in point

I probably won't default to a 2x multiplier; I don't think it's a standard assumption to assume characters are ambidextrous. And I understand that left hands shouldn't be too many times weaker than right hands of right-handed people and same vice versa for left handed people. However, most people have a dominant; it's about 10-12% stronger on average but may vary depending on training and fiction is often inconsistent. Though I will at least consider they should be considerably stronger when using both hands as opposed to just one, but may be an unquantifiable amount.

probably won't default to a 2x multiplier; I don't think it's a standard assumption to assume characters are ambidextrous. And I understand that left hands shouldn't be too many times weaker than right hands of right-handed people and same vice versa for left handed people. However, most people have a dominant; it's about 10-12% stronger on average but may vary depending on training and fiction is often inconsistent. Though I will at least consider they should be considerably stronger when using both hands as opposed to just one, but may be an unquantifiable amount.
I can't see why Raidriar wouldn't be ambidextrous, he's honed his skills for over 10,000 years to be the best duellist among others who have lived for just as long, if not longer, than him. His form of fighting, the Aegis Forms, was created to find "other ways to prove yourself superior [talking about fights between Deathless since they can't die]" because as he says "Duels were about finesse, skill, and class, not who could construct the most powerful device to aid them." the forms also involve dual-wielding weapons. On top of that, the Deathless modify their QIPs/bodies which could grant them ambidexterity anyway.

Last edited:
Back