• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Life is Strange Cosmology đź‘´

I made a blog to review the LIS cosmology, specifically on the first two main games.
If you're knowledgeable on the verse or if you can easily point out mistakes I'd be glad to hear it!

I've skimmed through the blog a bit, since I really like the OG game, but why would Max directly scale to the cosmology?

I've skimmed through the blog a bit, since I really like the OG game, but why would Max directly scale to the cosmology?
Since she had the power to considerably affect the timelines she was in I don’t think there’s any reason for her not to scale directly to it. Each time Max makes a significant change or decision, it results in the creation or continuation of an alternate timeline, confirming that her actions affect the structure of different realities. Plus this is backed up by the Chaos Theory.

Since she had the power to considerably affect the timelines she was in I don’t think there’s any reason for her not to scale directly to it. Each time Max makes a significant change or decision, it results in the creation or continuation of an alternate timeline, confirming that her actions affect the structure of different realities. Plus this is backed up by the Chaos Theory.
So you mean as environmental destruction, then? Or something else?

I don't know, it feels weird. I would see this as more of a consequence for her actions than her power outright. Probably the reason why she isn't rated as Low 2-C/2-C even solely with the first game.

So you mean as environmental destruction, then? Or something else?

I don't know, it feels weird. I would see this as more of a consequence for her actions than her power outright. Probably the reason why she isn't rated as Low 2-C/2-C even solely with the first game.
No I didn’t mean environmental destruction. This ability is only limited to the storm she caused in the “original” timeline, she didn’t cause any environmental destruction on a Low 2-C scale.

Her power has always worked around causality, it’s the main basis of it and it leads to the Chaos Theory that’s so much talked about. I’m not necessarily focusing on what she does in the timelines she resides in but more about her ability to endlessly create them by simply changing the course of events in one timeline. Her powers are basically a big tree, starting from the roots (the Original Timeline) and then branches grow following the choices she makes. To this day I think she has the possibility to create like 4 or 5 different timelines with their own STC, I’d have to count.

(I also think it wasn’t added to her profile because it was untapped, there are only 2 blogs talking about LIS and a few threads which don’t even propose a scale).

Back