• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's make ScrewAttack's new Mario VS Sonic Death Battle actually fair. (Mario VS Sonic)

I don't want to sound rude, but you say you want to make it fair, but you pit two characters that are on separate tiers, and you equalize speed for a character that is primarily known for his speed. Someone already said this, but that's like equalizing speed for Flash vs Thor. Honestly this is even more unfair than Death Battle's downplaying. Not trying to be a dick but I wanted to point that out.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Stomp either way.

Speed equal Mario breathes.

Speed unequal Sonic blitzes.
Sonic should be infinitely faster than Mario since he is either infinite or immeasurable, but would he have enough AP to kill Paper Mario?

Physical attacks are useless but Chaos Control, Indigo Asteroid and Violet Void can negate durability.

Regardless this is still a bad matchup.

Dude, it's on the Durability Negation page.

"Space-Time Manipulation - Characters who have the ability to manipulate space and time, can easily bypass physical durability of objects. Conventional durability does not matter, because the matter is secondary in relation to space and time. For example, it's as easy to distort a material object by distorting a portion of the space in which it is located. Or even send the object (or part of it) back or forward in time. The effect on the object will be the same, whether it's a sheet of titanium or a piece of cardboard)."

Has Sonic ever used that ability offensively though? The only time I remember him doing that was to separate two universes.

If you play as Shadow against Sonic in the battle on Space Colony Ark, Sonic spams Chaos Control against you, but that's really the only instance where he does so.

Yeah but what does it look like? That's what I'm asking. I mean it can't just be an energy ball right?

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
If you play as Shadow against Sonic in the battle on Space Colony Ark, Sonic spams Chaos Control against you, but that's really the only instance where he does so.
What does Chaos Control do? Shadow mainly uses it for Time-Stop.

MYHERO said:
Yeah but what does it look like? That's what I'm asking. I mean it can't just be an energy ball right?
It's basically warping space-time, though a more potent user like Shadow can take this further and use it to attack people with visible spatial distortions that appear as purple orbs.

But yeah, somebody needs to close this mismatch.

What does Chaos Control do? Shadow mainly uses it for Time-Stop.

It allows the user to manipulate time and space, either to stop time or warp space.

I'm actually trying to make this battle at least fair because ScrewAttack's new Mario VS Sonic fight was "rigged" and they made Mario use power-ups but they only made Sonic access Hyper yet it's not even a key in this site so Sonic only got access to the Burst Wisp. So I'm trying to make this battle somewhat fair.

Oh definitely. The animation, while clean was still atrocious in how it depicted Sonic. Made him look pathetic flailing his arms around like a flag. Though the animation isn't usually the accurate simulation though.

Back