• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon S. Kennedy vs Frank West

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
DEATH BATTLE SAID THE CUSTOMES GIVE FRANK COMPARABLE ABILITIES TO THE HEROES THE CUSOMES ARE BASED ON. (Which is total bullshit.)

And that was Frank without an exosuit, just the custome.

I guess ******* Leon kills Dante no diff.
You completely took what they said out of context. By comparable abilities, they meant abilities comparable, not in power, but in function to the actual abilities.

Also, *costume.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Oh shit thats right.
Yeah, Leon kills dante, arthur, X, Ryu, Zangief, Akuma, Viewtiful Joe and ammaterasu no diff.

And since they think dante kills bayo, Leon S Kennedy OBLITERATES Bayonetta.
LOL no that's not what DB suggested at all stop taking shit outta context EDIT: They didn't even say it was comparable, they just said he could copy abilities. You're the only one wanking here.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"
! Death Battle Spoilers |- |Not only Leo ******* dodged a MFTL+ Megabuster shot (Since they used Capcom Heroes as something canon and say they are comparable to their canon versions, which would make Frank 4-B with the X suit, hell, he would have murdered leon with the Ryu custome alone), Leon ******* tanks the Exo Suit Tornado like it was nothing, The Exo suit doesnt even have any other forms aside from the freezze form, they flat out said Leon's knife is deadlier than ANYTHING frank has, which is complete bullshit.

They dont even let Frank get bitten to get the zombie form.

So no, this is not valid nor reasonable at all.

They do not even give him HALF of the combo weapons he can make in DR4. Now that i remember it, they do not even tell you frank beat Brock and that he cant take an RPG.

|}
</div>

Read the tabs, they explained why Frank couldn't get his zombie form. Not that it would help. At all. In fact, his zombie form would only screw him over as it's just an inferior version of the BOWs Leon fought. Frank has a better chance winning when he's human.

But yeah, both the knife claim and missing weapons for Frank was bull. But the research wasn't COMPLETELY botched.

Oh boy, i guess we found a Death battle apologist over here.

You do know that by the skills being comparable (in a noncanon gamemode) it would also give them the same characteristics?

If anything, saying the x buster is slower than hypeesonic is a downplay by death battle. Frank has evony and ivory in his Dante custome (woooah grammar, im so debunked), are you seriously trying to downgrade those to bad girls to wall level?

Sorry man, but the death battle was dumb, and literally wanked Leon to a massively hyperonic Ohk shitfest.

If you say Leon would survive the Exo Suit Frezzing tornado, you are just flat out wrong. (i saw how you easly ignored how they said Leon's weapons are "deadlier" than anything in franks arsenal, which is flat out wrong!)

Are you gonna explain yourself? How they gave Frank less than half from his Case West/DR4 arsenal and only One Exo Suit form? And how they made him die to an RPG?

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
You do know that by the skills being comparable (in a noncanon gamemode) it would also give them the same characteristics?

If anything, saying the x buster is slower than hypeesonic is a downplay by death battle. Frank has evony and ivory in his Dante custome (woooah grammar, im so debunked), are you seriously trying to downgrade those to bad girls to wall level?

Sorry man, but the death battle was dumb, and literally wanked Leon to a massively hyperonic Ohk shitfest.

If you say Leon would survive the Exo Suit Frezzing tornado, you are just flat out wrong. (i saw how you easly ignored how they said Leon's weapons are "deadlier" than anything in franks arsenal, which is flat out wrong!)

Are you gonna explain yourself? How they gave Frank less than half from his Case West/DR4 arsenal and only One Exo Suit form? And how they made him die to an RPG?
you do realise how over the top you sound right? for the costumes they are just much weaker versions of those things, they fuction similarly but are just weaker and him surviving the tornado was for dramatic effect for the battle. They didn't give him all his weapons because he can't hold that many and the rest he would have to make out of stuff he finds which would relly on what he can find which is random and him only getting on power up for the suit makes sense, they probably saw it as the strongest one. the rocket launcher Leon got is even stronger then the normal ones in resident evil and a normal one can kill an el gigante in one hit and they have building level durability

RapidMotorcycle19 said:

Lol, you failed. Hard. Did you even read my replies carefully? Stop wanking the costumes and saying they're anywhere near as powerful as the real deal. Quit being butthurt. I wish Frank won, but I can accept this outcome even if I disagree. Why? Because this fight is close.

DEATH BATTLE SAID THEY WERE.

Do you think i think the Capcom Heroes customes are Canon? No, i am mad because they are implying Leon could be able to dodge a single attack from Megaman X.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
DEATH BATTLE SAID THEY WERE.
Do you think i think the Capcom Heroes customes are Canon? No, i am mad because they are implying Leon could be able to dodge a single attack from Megaman X.
no. they. didn't

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Well, you might want to clean your ears.

But im ending this converstaion here.

They have 3 days of prep now, have fun-.
You didn't even give us the quote of when they said it. I think I know why. Because you just lost this "argument" and are running away because you know you're wrong.

RabidNinja13 said:
They didn't give him all his weapons because he can't hold that many and the rest he would have to make out of stuff he finds which would relly on what he can find which is random and him only getting on power up for the suit makes sense, they probably saw it as the strongest one.
Also, if they would have allowed Frank to use all the possible weapons he can create/use from the games (which would not be possible in a random encounter and without prep. time), then they should have done the same with Leon by giving him all the weapons from RE2, RE4 and RE6.

Which could include everything from standard firearms (pistols, shotguns, machine guns, grenade launchers and grenades) to the OP ones like the Spark Shot, the FIM-92 Stinger (the same weapon used to oneshot Mr. X, a begin far more durable than Frank) and the Gatling Gun.

Clockworx said:
Read the tabs, they explained why Frank couldn't get his zombie form. Not that it would help. At all. In fact, his zombie form would only screw him over as it's just an inferior version of the BOWs Leon fought. Frank has a better chance winning when he's human.
True, Frank as a zombie would lose his greatest advantage over Leon and his best chance to win the fight, his equipment and weaponry.

Zombie Frank wouldn't be capable to create or use any standard or combo weapons, the only thing he would be better than Leon is in the durability and endurance department.

But that would make little difference, compare with the much tougher and stronger B.O.W. that Leon had to fought in his adventures, Zombie Frank is nothing out the ordinary for the rookie RPD officer.

Clockworx said:
But yeah, both the knife claim and missing weapons for Frank was bull. But the research wasn't COMPLETELY botched.
Although it could be say that Leon could hold his own in close combat due of his superior combat skills, training and for be a better hand to hand combatant.

For how much is strong he is Frank is just a mere brawler, he pale compare with what Leon had show in the games and in the cgi movies.

Death Battle Spoilers
ah looks like the admins are here to determine whether the above video link constitutes violations of any rules here.
While I am not trying to defend on any SA crew, I would explain something from the fight.
First, SA did time and time again stress on the importance of determine aim dodging from genuine laser dodging (as the "important rules" here do). While Leon is fast enough to sense laser shooting and dodge it, I believe they would rather say Leon has spider sense rather than dodging unpredictable laser shots. And a plasma shot from Frank is far more predictable than even the laser walls Leon faced. Yes still true that Leon at least has higher reaction speed than Frank has. Also to add that Leon can attack with throwing knives faster than a normal human eye can see, making him having actually battle speed at 80 mph with just his knife.

Second, Frank did not have the zombie form in the fight as he did not get bitten by a zombie in the fight. He could not transform into Zombie Frank on his own will like the (yandere Ada fanboy) Simmons did in RE 6. To note, Zombie form will keep him in the battlefield longer but Leon is still stronger, faster and more experienced and Zombie Frank will be just similar to Jack Krauser to Leon. SA even mentioned Leon has fought other humans, BOWs and human with interchangeable forms with creativity.

For Frank's Copy Abilities, he can copy the forms from characters in a Capcom game but not the full power - like he can still shoot plasma with his Mega Buster but the attack potency will be much lower than the original one from the original Mega Man.

Worthy to note that Frank did not have all weapons for (1) dramatic performance (same goes for Leon barely survived a freezing tornado), and (2) Frank's powers are heavily reliant on the surroundings. SA already gave Frank a shopping cart of domestic woodwork tools, discount Mjolnir electric crusher, Copy Abilities with Mega Man X suit plus a somehow available and functional exo suit with ice + tornado elemental attacks. Leon gets a knife, a pistol, a mildly used sub-machine gun, a sniper rifle thing, a grenade, and a RPG 7. Fair portraits of their arms commonly perceived to have. Just that Frank looks more evil here - he is supposed to be a cocky but careful and responsible man - nowhere like another socialpath Frank fought against in his games.

(Frank can only tank hits from a prototype tank on a suddenly found military ranger car and the direct point of hit from a tank on a ranger is unknown. Considering Frank cannot get that ranger anywhere else other than the DR overtime, this is not a common arm for Frank.)

IMO, Frank is best at midrange with combo weapons and exo suit, where Leon is deadlier in long range fire trades AND ALSO close quarter combats. Which makes winning skilled enemies like Leon almost impossible considering Leon's superior speed and skills plus the precise kiting required from Frank against Leon.
What I truly fear is that SA may think Leon vs Frank stompier than Black Panther vs Batman or even Crash vs Spyro.

Finally saw the battle.

Frank used literally 1 combo weapon, used the non canon Mega Man costume as a weapon, and used only one mode of the exo suit.

They didn't go over how the exo suit tanks RPGs in DR4 in the conclusion.

They talked about Frank's crazy techniques and weapons, and again, he used only ONE combo weapon (correct me if I'm wrong, I only saw the bat, cart, and shock maul-thing).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but does shoving something compare to your striking strength? I'm PRETTY sure they're at least even on that.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Oh shit thats right.
Yeah, Leon kills dante, arthur, X, Ryu, Zangief, Akuma, Viewtiful Joe and ammaterasu no diff.

And since they think dante kills bayo, Leon S Kennedy OBLITERATES Bayonetta.
screwattack thinks megaman and tifa are just wall level. Metal sonic and zero large building level at best. Nothin new, they screw near all of their research

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Yeah, so, we agree Frank wins with prep, right?
No. While I will not (and VSBW veterans will not) take all SA's calculations for granted, as prep time is given for both, Leon would have counters to Frank's wacky tactics already.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
What prep would leon possibly have against Frank´s higher 9-B weapons?
Like Leon faced 9-A or even 8-C bowwows and he was fine.

And if prep time is given from both, Frank's surprise factor is much discounted.

Leon Scott Kennedy - 5 (jasonsith, Hizack123, Kiryu2012, Stefano4444, Clovkworx)

Frank West - 2 (Hyper Aron, RapidMotorcycle19)

Should we necro this thread… when I just revisited this thread and counted votes and… we can conclude it with 2 more votes for Leon? Must we… allow ourselves… to fall… into oblivion? No. NO! No no no no no no! NONONONONONONONONO!!! NOOOOO, I SAAAAY!!!

It's still going on? I vote for Leon since both parties in character and... Putting aside gameplay mechanics Leon would be better informed about his opponent given he is government agent. Additionally he is freaking the one of the most valuable one. He can request anti-skyscrapers rifle to snipe his opponent or energy particle cannon...

Back