• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon S. Kennedy vs Frank West

The strength to keep a shark's mouth open really isn't surpassing tossing around military vehicles. We don't know how much stronger the jaws are due to the mutation, but it's doubtfully by enough to match the Exo Suit.

Tsubori said:
The strength to keep a shark's mouth open really isn't surpassing tossing around military vehicles. We don't know how much stronger the jaws are due to the mutation, but it's doubtfully by enough to match the Exo Suit.
I am saying he is as strong or stronger than frank without the exo suit, with it of course Frank take strength

there is also this crazy fight scene from resident evil vendetta, it is canon btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83yrrc2NJUA

also this from another movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcCx3vQf_Bw

Theres this showing even in their rematch he is able to outperform Krauser

https://imgur.com/xbINytc

and of course the famous laser scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWjxMMnAhz4

What do any of those videos have to do with this? Yes, he's taken on those giant zombies but like we've said, it's with a huge amount of explosions and outside help, and if you're saying that the laser scene makes him fast, you're wrong. Those lasers had to have been moving at, like, 20mph, so someone like Leon could dodge them.

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
What do any of those videos have to do with this? Yes, he's taken on those giant zombies but like we've said, it's with a huge amount of explosions and outside help, and if you're saying that the laser scene makes him fast, you're wrong. Those lasers had to have been moving at, like, 20mph, so someone like Leon could dodge them.
Those videos are to show feats he can do while fighting those zombies that possibly put him above Frank, stuff like keeping the shark mouth open, being able to hold a girl and a bow while dangling from a ledge and showing off his agility and durabilty against the bigger zombies. the laser one was for showing his agility

Tsubori said:
I mean, yes. Leon is very flashy. That hallway scene illustrates a huge difference though. Leon uses cool moves to take out 30ish zombies. Wanna see Frank do that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttF7yHDun0 And do we need to go through Resident evil and find all the times Leon has needlessly been acrobatic?
I will admit that sometimes it is needlesly flashy but I feel like he could get around his weapons and kill Frank because of how fast and acrobatic he is

Tsubori said:
Screwattack has previously assumed a mutated monster is more powerful than an unmutated animal - an unmutated alligator can break a normal human's femur in 1 bite, but Shredder can tank a bite from Leatherhead, conclusion: Shredder is strong enough to more than tank Bites from a normal alligator.

And going back to the boulder feat for El Gigate, not only does that most likely boost Leon's durability, but it also means despite being able to destroy the boulder with almost no problem and no damage done to itself, Leon's weapons are still able to kill him and he dies from only one rocket laucher

RabidNinja13 said:
And going back to the boulder feat for El Gigate, not only does that most likely boost Leon's durability, but it also means despite being able to destroy the boulder with almost no problem and no damage done to itself, Leon's weapons are still able to kill him and he dies from only one rocket laucher
Crushing the boulder isn't a durability feat though.

This comes a lil tricky: Leon survived a punch and a stomp from the el gigante whose punches can blow up boulders and one-hit kills ordinary human.

It is likely the giant would simply use the strength needed to crush a boulder to punch Leon. And may add his own weight to stomp on Leon. So this is a measurement of Leon's durability feat.

The force required to break the boulder and the weight of the giant zombie are yet to be calculated.

Jasonsith said:
This comes a lil tricky: Leon survived a punch and a stomp from the el gigante whose punches can blow up boulders and one-hit kills ordinary human.
More like oneshot Ganadoes that are tougher than ordinary humans.

RabidNinja13 said:
I will admit that sometimes it is needlesly flashy but I feel like he could get around his weapons and kill Frank because of how fast and acrobatic he is
This is something that i had think about before.

Frank's arsenal is much above anything Leon had, but its weapons have still a finite amount of ammo, especially with the strongest ones.

Leon with his speed and agility had good chance to keep dodging and stay out of range until Frank run of ammo, while this can happen to Leon as well is Frank the one who would suffer the most.

If that happen, Frank only true advantage would be lost, then it would be a matter of time before Leon beat him into a pulp.

Stefano4444 said:
RabidNinja13 said:
This is something that i had think about before.
Frank's arsenal is much above anything Leon had, but its weapons have still a finite amount of ammo, especially with the strongest ones.

Leon with his speed and agility had good chance to keep dodging and stay out of range until Frank run of ammo, while this can happen to Leon as well is Frank the one who would suffer the most.

If that happen, Frank only true advantage would be lost, then it would be a matter of time before Leon beat him into a pulp.
Except this would never happen. All of Frank's weapons? Leon can't outlast all of their ammo. Not even close.

Clockworx said:
RabidNinja13 said:
How is it not a durability feat? he was able to exert the force required to absolutly destroy the boulder and he didn't hurt himself, so his body should be able to take that same amount of force

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
I wonder if theyll give Frank the Exo suit and Real Mega buster
not sure about the power ups but he is definitely getting the exo suit and he is most likely not getting the real mega buster, at least that's what I think

Clockworx said:
@Ruvia
That strength is normal? Prove it.

Sure, he may have been angry, but he still wasn't going all out. Not only did he not land any direct punches but he didn't have any time to prepare either.

Those two statements are so different it hurts. Goku has done things way more impressive than blowing up a planet while Leon's strength feats don't even come close to punching a boulder.

read my comment again, you did not understand what I said. His strength is normal within the resident evil world / universe, but not our world.

you do not need preparation to use all your strength in a combat. This is something that any human being can do instantly. I could punch using all my strength without needing to prepare myself.

It's no different. Ginyu saga goku was already considered planet level through scaling, without showing any planetary level feat. And that's how scaling works in Vs Battle. If you look at your logic, practically all the profiles here should be changed.

Both characters tie in terms of durability and physical strength. And even if Frank is a little stronger, if he tries to go in a hand-to-hand combat this would only make it even easier for Leon, who has much more agility and melee combat experience.

How is it not a durability feat? he was able to exert the force required to absolutly destroy the boulder and he didn't hurt himself, so his body should be able to take that same amount of force

He's a giant. Of course it didn't hurt him.

but that's my point he wasn't hurt destroying the boulder, the force he used aganst the boulder should be around equal to El Gigantes durability

My points

If a dropping boulder on Leon's head can one-shot Leon but not El Gigantes, then we have Leon's maximum durability on his weak spot and the minimum durability on El Gigantes' normal body.

If El Gigantes can break a resting boulder but not one-shot Leon, then we have El Gigantes' strength and Leon's durability on his normal body. (Minimum durability of Leon = striking strength of El Gigantes plus the mass of El Gigantes since Leon survived a stomp from the behemoth.)

So... is anyone calculating on the force of the boulder and the mass of El Gigantes?

Here is something that I just thought of that might be a problem, and that is the amount of weaponry that Frank has. I mean with the amount of weapons he could possibly use you would think Frank would have to choose which ones to use at what times, Leons arsenal might be a lot smaller and simpler but I feel like it being could seen as advantage, yes there is an argument to be made that frank has most definetly seen most of Leons arsonal before but that does not change the fact that he would have a much simpler time choosing what weapon to use next. Now this probably won't play any real big role in the fight but it's just something I thought that could be interesting

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
Nah that doesn't do much, Frank still has more variety.
That wasn't really my point, yeah sure he has a more varied arsenal but he has so many weapons to choose from, where as Leon has a smaller arsonal which would make choosing no problem whatsoever

That wasn't really my point, yeah sure he has a more varied arsenal but he has so many weapons to choose from, where as Leon has a smaller arsonal which would make choosing no problem whatsoever

After watching some DR and RE videos, I found the real concern is that most of Frank's forged weapons are melee weapons and not really anything Leon hasn't seen or even tanked.

1) Just like Frank may blind Leon with his DLR camera (he tried to blind Leon in the DB sneak peek) - Leon tanked this from Krauser in RE 4, PLUS several sneak machine gun fire and grenades - and he was fine.

2) Frank could forge weapons mid-fight (making Leon vs Frank not a stomp) - Leon saw Krauser forging weapons mid-fight (by mutating his left arm into a shield plus a razor blade) - Leon defeated Krauser so that he could save the damsel in distress while Ada (albeit going into some trouble) went for the final blow.

Sitting back, I think I may have to bet on Leon for now due to similar strength and durability but superior speed and skills.

Jasonsith said:
After watching some DR and RE videos, I found the real concern is that most of Frank's forged weapons are melee weapons and not really anything Leon hasn't seen or even tanked.
1) Just like Frank may blind Leon with his DLR camera (he tried to blind Leon in the DB sneak peek) - Leon tanked this from Krauser in RE 4, PLUS several sneak machine gun fire and grenades - and he was fine.

2) Frank could forge weapons mid-fight (making Leon vs Frank not a stomp) - Leon saw Krauser forging weapons mid-fight (by mutating his left arm into a shield plus a razor blade) - Leon defeated Krauser so that he could save the damsel in distress while Ada (albeit going into some trouble) went for the final blow.

Sitting back, I think I may have to bet on Leon for now due to similar strength and durability but superior speed and skills.

>several sneak machine gun fire

>grenades

Was this a cutscene that he tanked it or did you mean he still got around it? Also, Frank's arsenal is much more than an arm blade slowly being grown, he can near instantly make his weapons.

Back