• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon S. Kennedy vs Frank West

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
RabidNinja13 said:
RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Yare, yare.

I guess you are missing the point, Frank can hold himself in batte long enough against a military grade general, if he can at least fight on, its only a matter of his superior equipment and durability for frank to win,
ok so Frank can hold his own agaist Brock which is all fine, here's how I see the battle though. While yes Frank Does have a major advantage because of his weponry and possible higher durability and possibly intelligence, I feel Leon has everything else. I would argue they are at least as strong as each other but leon has speed which would make it so he could dodge most of Franks weaponry and kill him before he could break out his heavy hitters, he is also way better at long range combat, I already mentioned his way better training, He hSince he has weapons here, as faced way worse monsters than Frank has, yeah sure sometimes with help but most of the time by himself, and just because Frank fights people with guns and blades dosen't mean he can just shake off injuries, He may have taken hits in the fights but thats in gameplay
Actaully, in cutscenes, Leon is shown to injured from stabs and stuff while Frank just casually keeps moving.

Also, something no one's mentioned, Frank beat Brock in a fistfight. Since heh as weapons here, it'd be even harder for Leon.
Can you give an example of frank getting shot or stabbed in a cutscene and shrugging it off?

Cliff from Dead Rising 1 death cutscene. Steven Chapman Dead Rising 1 death cutscene.

Btw, Fontana from DR4 seems to aslo be similar to Leon.

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
Cliff from Dead Rising 1 death cutscene. Steven Chapman Dead Rising 1 death cutscene.
Btw, Fontana from DR4 seems to aslo be similar to Leon.
Yes he fought those guys, but there nothing there that says he took any damage during the fight. Now yes in gameplay he can take the damage but if he were to be hit in a cutscene he probably wouldn't be in such good shape. It's like how he eats food to regain health, in cutscenes he never does that but during gameplay you need a way to heal yourself so there you go

RabidNinja13 said:
Clockworx said:
Ruvia said:
Has Frank ever faced super soldiers mutant like Krauser and j,avo?
Have him faced 2 giants at the same time and a bunch of others giant monsters that are far more dangerous than ordinary zombies??

Have him faced extremely fast and agile monsters like verdugo?

Have him been able to face tyrants like Glenn (re vendetta) and demonstrate a similar level of agility?
Has Leon ever faced hundreds of zombies at once?
Has Leon ever ripped out somebody's intenstines?

Has Leon tanked a tank shell?

No.

So what's your point?
Uhm the stuff Ruvia sounded more impressive then the stuff you said except for the tank shell, but when did that happen?
>More impressive

lol no

Clockworx said:
Not only was that fight VERY brief, but it was strength vs speed. Chris is a lot stronger but Leon was faster in getting around and landing hits. He's not comparable to being able to punch a boulder.
Sorry but that's wrong, even if we assume that Chris had the edge in strength just like Leon had the edge of speed, suggest that the difference is too big for scaling their stats is absurd.

If that was the case, Leon could have outspeed Chris while Chris would have overpowered Leon in the fight, but we see instead Chris keep up with Leon as Leon physically hold his own again Chris.

So no, Chris and Leon are comparable in term of strength and speed and this cannot be deny it.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
I guess you are missing the point, Frank can hold himself in batte long enough against a military grade general, if he can at least fight on, its only a matter of his superior equipment and durability for frank to win,
Brock maybe the commander of his special force units, it still doesn't put him at the same level of Leon in terms of combat experience and combat skills, this logic is faulty.

Brock experience is limited to one single outbreak while helped by his special units, Leon has experience multiple outbreaks dealing anything from zombies to BOWs either alone or with a singe partner.

Stefano4444 said:
Clockworx said:
Not only was that fight VERY brief, but it was strength vs speed. Chris is a lot stronger but Leon was faster in getting around and landing hits. He's not comparable to being able to punch a boulder.
Sorry but that's wrong, even if we assume that Chris had the edge in strength just like Leon had the edge of speed, suggest that the difference is too big for scaling their stats is absurd.
If that was the case, Leon could have outspeed Chris while Chris would have overpowered Leon in the fight, but we see instead Chris keep up with Leon as Leon physically hold his own again Chris.

So no, Chris and Leon are comparable in term of strength and speed and this cannot be deny it.
>physically holds his own

Like hell he does. He was flipping over the guy. Anyway, Leon may be able to scale to Chris' lower end feats but he surely does not scale to the boulder punching feat and that cannot be denied as otherwise that would be hardcore wanking.

Stefano4444 said:
RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Brock maybe the commander of his special force units, it still doesn't put him at the same level of Leon in terms of combat experience and combat skills, this logic is faulty.
Brock experience is limited to one single outbreak while helped by his special units, Leon has experience multiple outbreaks dealing anything from zombies to BOWs either alone or with a singe partner.
He's still a general, which I'm pretty sure Leon isn't. So this would actually imply he has combat experience and combat skills at least in Leon's ballpark.

Clockworx said:
Ruvia said:
Have him faced 2 giants at the same time and a bunch of others giant monsters that are far more dangerous than ordinary zombies??

Have him been able to face tyrants like Glenn (re vendetta) and demonstrate a similar level of agility?

No.

So what's your point?
1 he killed monsters capable of killing hundreds of zombies at once

2- he can crush zombies skulls with a single kick and have strenght comparable to chris, who moved a giant rock with punches

2- he survived(without any injuries) hits from tyrants capable of destroyng building with a single punch and can tank close ranged blasts from rocket launchers

so what's your point?

Clockworx said:
He's still a general, which I'm pretty sure Leon isn't. So this would actually imply he has combat experience and combat skills at least in Leon's ballpark.
The guy is not a general or even a major, he is know only as a commander.

Ruvia said:
Clockworx said:
Ruvia said:

No.

So what's your point?
2- he can crush zombies skulls with a single kick and have strenght comparable to chris, who moved a giant rock with punches

2- he survived(without any injuries) hits from tyrants capable of destroyng building with a single punch and can tank close ranged blasts from rocket launchers

so what's your point?
1. Through strategy and speed. He has yet to take a full army of zombies head on by himself.

2. And Frank can rip them in half. And no, he is not comparable. Chris was giving it his all to punch that boulder. He was not putting that kind of work in when he fought Leon for a few seconds.

3. And Frank tanked hits from Exosuits capable of creating shockwaves and surviving building level RPGs.

So what's your point

Clockworx said:
Ruvia said:
Clockworx said:
Ruvia said:

No.

So what's your point?

so what's your point?
1. Through strategy and speed. He has yet to take a full army of zombies head on by himself.
2. And Frank can rip them in half. And no, he is not comparable. Chris was giving it his all to punch that boulder. He was not putting that kind of work in when he fought Leon for a few seconds.

3. And Frank tanked hits from Exosuits capable of creating shockwaves and surviving building level RPGs.

So what's your point </div>
When has Frank survived getting hit by a exo suit or tank shell outside of gameplay? Again there are so many cases in video games where charecters can survive explosions and gunshot no problem but when they get hurt in a cutscene it really affects them, i'm just saying that it is a fallacy too say that what they can survive is game something they could ACTUALLY survive, you can apply this to leon too

I hate to say this, but in Case West, Both Chuck and Frank surrender to a couple of guards if you run out of time, even if you have to canonically beat quite a dozen of them.

Clockworx said:
With technique, not strength.
A technique that requid a certain level of strength for be perform it, is not like someone with average level of strength would be able to do the same.

Stefano4444 said:
Clockworx said:
With technique, not strength.
A technique that requid a certain level of strength for be perform it, is not like someone with average level of strength would be able to do the same.
Yeah, sure, Leon's much stronger than the average man, but still.

What's the current vote count? Anyways, I think Leon takes this due to his superior training and experience against human opponents. I also believe that RE zombies are deadlier than DR zombies but I could be wrong and his arsenal doesn't require as much prep as Frank's who has to make everything during battle.

Yeah, Pigmy, I'm pretty sure that standard zombies in DR are stronger than RE, and if you're talking "against other humans", Frank's faced more than Leon has, and if you're counting the cultists in 4 as humans, then Frank's fought humans, while insane, tougher than them. Also, Frank can just make anything he knows HOW to make instantly.

I meant with the special types included and Leon used to be a police officer and is now special forces so I'd say that he's got at least as much experience as Frank who used to be a photojournalist.

Leon actually has less experienc3 than Frank with dealing with other people.

And he has dealt with a war vet at his prime, and literally bloodlusted.

Aside from Chris and Krauzer, has Leon actually fought and defeated another human in hand to hand combat? (Movies aren't canon)

I'm assuming that from his jobs, he's had to fight people at a much more regular basis than Frank. In H2H, I'd say that's about it but I doubt Leon will let him get close before putting a bullet between his eyes.

I mean, "his jobs' isnt really an argument, or cuantifiable.

Frank has fought way more human opponents thru DR1, Case West and DR4. People who should be at least superior to Krauser in combat technique or raw equipment.

Adam had chainsaws and moved around like a madman, he is unpredictable, but west still dealt with him.

Adam isn't a trained soldier or anywhere near one, he's basically a deadlier version of Leatherface and being a police officer or special forces does mean having to get into gunfights occasionally and the majority of foes would be human.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
What's the current vote count?
I believe we have to count it all over again as technically we have much more info provided now than when the top thread just began.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
Anyways, I think Leon takes this due to his superior training and experience against human opponents. I also believe that RE zombies are deadlier than DR zombies but I could be wrong and his arsenal doesn't require as much prep as Frank's who has to make everything during battle.
Actually Frank has experience in taking down more "human" enemies than Leon has. However Leon has defeated some bowwows more unpredictable and deadlier than the DR zombies, psychopaths and soldiers.

This is a really close one.

I believe that Leon wins out in the end though due to his training, superior arsenal, and less reliance on prep. As for how the Death Battle goes, Leon most likely blitzes.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
I believe that Leon wins out in the end though due to his training, superior arsenal, and less reliance on prep. As for how the Death Battle goes, Leon most likely blitzes.
But the recent Death Battle trend goes that speed alone cannot do the job when the opponent can tank it and deliver more. And thanks to DR4 Frank can forge weapons much easier mid-fight. And once he is on his exo suit Leon is much disadvantaged.

And Death Battle will wank on Frank's handcuff breaking feat like more than a boulder could crush Leon to death. (Or even the effectiveness of eggs vs orange juice - which I would like to watch.)

1- the important thing is that he killed.

Again, Leon killed giant monsters who would surely be able to kill hundreds of dumb and slow zombies very easily. Killing hordes of ******** zombies is not an impressive feat like killing 30-foot tall monsters or a bunch of mutant soldiers like j'avos with machine guns and other heavy weapons as we see in resident evil 4 and 6.

2 - I'm sure that Leon and Chris have comparable strenght. Leon has already been able to contend with Krauser, who is certainly stronger physically than Chris (given the fact that he is a mutant).

"Chris was giving it all to punch that boulder. He was not putting that kind of work on when he fought Leon for a few seconds."

he was, given the seriousness of the scene.

3- This does not put him above the leon, but at the same level of durability at best.

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
Yeah, Pigmy, I'm pretty sure that standard zombies in DR are stronger than RE, and if you're talking "against other humans", Frank's faced more than Leon has, and if you're counting the cultists in 4 as humans, then Frank's fought humans, while insane, tougher than them. Also, Frank can just make anything he knows HOW to make instantly.
"Frank can just make anything he knows HOW to make instantly."

are u talk about weapons? because this is just gameplay mechanics

Ruvia said:

1- the important thing is that he killed.

Again, Leon killed giant monsters who would surely be able to kill hundreds of dumb and slow zombies very easily. Killing hordes of ******** zombies is not an impressive feat like killing 30-foot tall monsters or a bunch of mutant soldiers like j'avos with machine guns and other heavy weapons as we see in resident evil 4 and 6.
2 - I'm sure that Leon and Chris have comparable strenght. Leon has already been able to contend with Krauser, who is certainly stronger physically than Chris (given the fact that he is a mutant).

"Chris was giving it all to punch that boulder. He was not putting that kind of work on when he fought Leon for a few seconds."

he was, given the seriousness of the scene.

3- This does not put him above the leon, but at the same level of durability at best.

1. ******** zombies that are constantly attacking.

2. That's an assumption. Has Krauser shown anything on par with the boulder punching feat?

No, he really wasn't. He was putting all of his physical effort into that boulder. While with Leon, he was just trying to take him down.

3. *at worst*

Ruvia said:
LakuitaBro01.2 said:
"Frank can just make anything he knows HOW to make instantly."

are u talk about weapons? because this is just gameplay mechanics
Again with the gameplay mechanics. This isn't gameplay mechanics, he can easily make weapons on the fly.

Jasonsith said:
Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
But the recent Death Battle trend goes that speed alone cannot do the job when the opponent can tank it and deliver more. And thanks to DR4 Frank can forge weapons much easier mid-fight. And once he is on his exo suit Leon is much disadvantaged.
And Death Battle will wank on Frank's handcuff breaking feat like more than a boulder could crush Leon to death. (Or even the effectiveness of eggs vs orange juice - which I would like to watch.)
I doubt they would wank that handcuff feat. Hell, I'm not even sure they'd talk about it.

Back