• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon S. Kennedy vs Frank West

@Clockworx

I'm sure krauser is as strong as chris or even more, given his physical structure and mainly because he is enhanced by Las Plagas, which guarantees the infected super strength and other enhancements(ganados for example, can lift leon with a single arm).

thats was very close and serius combat pretty sure he has to put all of his strength on it.

No matter what, they are still very slow and dumbs and can be easily overpowered by even a ordinary humans with regular weaponary. We can't say the same about jávos and ganados.

Ruvia said:
@Clockworx

I'm sure krauser is as strong as chris or even more, given his physical structure and mainly because he is enhanced by Las Plagas, which guarantees the infected super strength and other enhancements(ganados for example, can lift leon with a single arm).

thats was very close and serius combat pretty sure he has to put all of his strength on it.

No matter what, they are still very slow and dumbs and can be easily overpowered by even a ordinary humans with regular weaponary. We can't say the same about jávos and ganados.
Sorry, but no average human can handle that horde.

Anyway, he wasn't trying to kill Leon. Just restrain him. So no, he was not using his boulder punching strength.

Chris also yields super strength. Physical structure means nothing.

May as well throw in my two cents here. I personally think Frank takes this. Leon being more experienced doesn't amount to much when you aren't experienced against anything Frank has. Be it the Umbrella gun, which is a death ray, the Magic wand, which is transmutation hax, the suckmaster 9000, which makes a tornado that sucks Leon into a turbine grinder, the Ice sword, which sends out a shockwave that freezes enemies solid, or any number of other weapons, Frank can end this fight far more quickly than Leon can. Especially because Frank should firmly hold the strength and durability advantage for facetanking shots from the main cannon of a tank , and without an exo suit, surviving a no holds barred beatdown from Calder. As a reminder of what exo suits are capable of, they can dummy military armored humvees 20+ feet, and those suckers weigh like 12000 pounds. Overall, I think a combination of Frank having a far more unpredictable moveset, and being able to survive much of what Leon can dish out would lead to him taking it.

Clockworx said:
Yeah, sure, Leon's much stronger than the average man, but still.
It doesn't matter, we still see Chris and Leon hold their own again each other and nothing in the fight suggest that Chris was physically overpower Leon or that Leon was outspeeding Chris, so logically speaking they must have similar stats and i don't see reason why it cannot be do it.

Spiderman is scaled from Luke Cage, even if is pointed out that he is overall weaker than him.

Goku Cell Saga FP SSj is scaled from Perfect Cell, even if Cell was the strongest between the two.

And like those situations, Leon is still weaker than Chris. Also, during the fight, Chris had Leon restrained multiple times(stronger) but Leon kept using technique and speed to escape. Like I said before, Leon is comparable to low end Chris, but not Chris at his limit.

Clockworx said:
RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Sadly, still ficking 2-D.
So what?
So VSBW has text and some pics. We are enjoying the discussion.

And remember, when even Cartoon Fight Club find animating a fight is difficult and costly, there is some work to animating a fight. "Justice ain't gonna dispense itself."

@Clockworx

sure no avarage human can handle that, but also, u dont need to be Leon level or above to kill a bunch of very slow and dumbs.

Just because you arent trying to kill someone in a fight doesnt mean you arent using all of your strength. Chris was in a serius rage in that fight, since leon stoped him from killing the woman that killed his entire squadron. Not only that, he doesnt know the guy was leon.

Chris's strengh is superhuman in our world, but he is human level in resident evil universe. The question is: he is not enhanced by any kind of virus or something else to make him superhuman, he is just peak human at best inside the RE universe. And if body structure is nothin, tell me why ppl say leon cant punch a boulder? because if u say " cuz he did never show that" is the same to say that goku cant destroy a planet just because he never did before.

Tsubori

The links don't work and again just because there weapons he has not really seen before dousen't mean he wouldn't have the speed to easily avoid them, and both of your examples are durability, what gives Frank the strength advantage?

I don't think that Leon comparing to Chris matters since we came to the conclusion in another debate that Frank beats Chris. And both of them had 3 hours of prep time, so here it doesn't help Leon because prep time don't matter to Frank.

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
I don't think that Leon comparing to Chris matters since we came to the conclusion in another debate that Frank beats Chris. And both of them had 3 hours of prep time, so here it doesn't help Leon because prep time don't matter to Frank.
Well that's not true with 3 hours he had plenty of time to combine weapons and plan, thats not the case here

It doesn't matter, we still see Chris and Leon hold their own again each other and nothing in the fight suggest that Chris was physically overpower Leon or that Leon was outspeeding Chris, so logically speaking they must have similar stats and i don't see reason why it cannot be do it.

Spiderman is scaled from Luke Cage, even if is pointed out that he is overall weaker than him.

Goku Cell Saga FP SSj is scaled from Perfect Cell, even if Cell was the strongest between the two.

Valid point in VSBW threads (where we are at), less valid in a Screwattack Death Battle where the crew prefer direct feats.

@Ruvia

That strength is normal? Prove it.

Sure, he may have been angry, but he still wasn't going all out. Not only did he not land any direct punches but he didn't have any time to prepare either.

Those two statements are so different it hurts. Goku has done things way more impressive than blowing up a planet while Leon's strength feats don't even come close to punching a boulder.

Tsubori said:
Especially because Frank should firmly hold the strength and durability advantage for facetanking shots from the main cannon of a tank , and without an exo suit, surviving a no holds barred beatdown from Calder. As a reminder of what exo suits are capable of, they can dummy military armored humvees 20+ feet, and those suckers weigh like 12000 pounds.
Those are only durability feats, his best strength feats are tearing a part zombies and shatter heads with ease, something that Leon can do as well.

Clockworx said:
Sure, he may have been angry, but he still wasn't going all out. Not only did he not land any direct punches but he didn't have any time to prepare either.
He did land two hits in the stomach with his leg, and he wasn't just angry but quite mad since he thought that Ada was the one who had killed his entire squad.

Stefano4444 said:
Those are only durability feats, his best strength feats are tearing a part zombies and shatter heads with ease, something that Leon can do as well.
When has Leon torn apart zombies?

Alright, for the sake of fairness and to briefly avoid confusion, let's just say Frank and Leon are even in strength and durability. Then the fight is speed and skill vs arsenal and luck. I personally think that not even Leon's reaction speed can save him from the everlasting pot of stuff Frank can bring out of nowhere. As he's never faced such wacky and quite frankly magical stuff like that before.

Clockworx said:
RabidNinja13 said:
Both those Durability feats are gameplay anyways
While the first one might be gameplay mechanics, the Calder beatdown is not.
But Then I can just Say that Leon Has survived being hit by a tree swung by El Gigante who is only the second boss in resident evil 4, do i think he would actually survive that no, I think it's just gameplay I feel that this is similar

Clockworx said:
Alright, for the sake of fairness and to briefly avoid confusion, let's just say Frank and Leon are even in strength and durability. Then the fight is speed and skill vs arsenal and luck. I personally think that not even Leon's reaction speed can save him from the everlasting pot of stuff Frank can bring out of nowhere. As he's never faced such wacky and quite frankly magical stuff like that before.
I actually agree that this fight is pretty much speed and skill vs arsenal and luck and because of this the fight is very very close but I think Leons speed would be just good enough to get him the win, but only just barely

Wait I just remembered something if we go by the gameplay logic with the Frank and the exo suit and Leon can take hit from El Gigante I remember hearing el gigante broke a big rock apart and it came out to building+ level or something like that?

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
Stefano, that first and last point are gameplay mechanics, usually the kick kills them after they've been hurt enough.
It doesn't change the fact that Leon is capable to shatter heads, the fact that during gameplay he need to weakened them first doesn't degrade the feat.

Its like say Kratos is not capable to tear a part monsters without harming them first during gameplay so it less impressive, which doesn't disprove the fact that Kratos is capable to tear a part monsters.

RabidNinja13 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJU0xQjflRU
found a video where he smashes the rock
From what I could see, Leon was not smashing the rock. He accurately shot out the supporting wood planks that held the rock and let it drop, then defeated a giant behemoth at around at least 8x the volume of Leon that can easily crush a giant boulder - solo.

You could say he "was able to defeat enemies that can casually smash giant boulders".

Jasonsith said:
RabidNinja13 said:
From what I could see, Leon was not smashing the rock. He accurately shot out the supporting wood planks that held the rock and let it drop, then defeated a giant behemoth at around at least 8x the volume of Leon that can easily crush a giant boulder - solo.
You could say he "was able to defeat enemies that can casually smash giant boulders".
That is what I mean, I should have probably said that El Gigante can smash the rock

I'm wondering how strong that is? again pretty sure it was calced at building level just making sure though

The true video of the feat of Leon that survived a punch and a literal stomp from a giant monster whose punch can casually one-shot average human and break giant boulders. (~6:40)

Now we have some math to do: force required to break a boulder versus firepower from a tank.

(FYI: A howitzer can fire at ~100 tons of force... So math the boulder and see the results.)

What I meant before with the strength point is that Calder is in an Exo Suit, which can slam around armored humvees, and that's the strength feat, because Frank is the one who can toss them around, and the idea is that because Calder is in the same suit, he could replicate it all over Frank's head.

RabidNinja13 said:
Clockworx said:
RabidNinja13 said:
Both those Durability feats are gameplay anyways
While the first one might be gameplay mechanics, the Calder beatdown is not.
But Then I can just Say that Leon Has survived being hit by a tree swung by El Gigante who is only the second boss in resident evil 4, do i think he would actually survive that no, I think it's just gameplay I feel that this is similar
No, it was cinematic and everything when Frank got beat down by Calder. And he's survived just enough stuff to make me think he could take it.

Back