• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil) Vs. Joel Miller (The Last of Us Video Game)

Leon Vs. Joel​

• Fight Location: SBA
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • RE 2 Remake Leon will be used
  • Leon's small arms, heavy weapons, and explosions are restricted
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in character
  • Win by any means

Leon: @Baken384

Joel:

Incon:

Vs

Last edited:
I shall vote for Leon 🤔
Assuming this is RE6 Leon, he is pretty experienced himself as he experienced plenty of bioweapon events, the events he partook in are the following: Raccoon City Incident (Resident Evil 2), Operation Javier (Darkside Chronicles), Saving the President's Daughter and fighting against the Los Illuminados (Resident Evil 4), and whatever the hell happened in RE6, also this includes the movies and the show Leon was in such as Degeneration, Damnation and Infinite Darkness. It is pretty much factual that Leon has fought bigger and more menacing monsters than Joel too.

With that said, Leon is pretty strong and durable himself as shown when in RE4, he survived being palm attacked by Saddler which sent him flying and In Damnation he managed to take a hit from a Super Tyrant and was thrown by the tyrant too and in Resident Evil 4, his kicks can be strong enough to explode the head of ganados at times. Leon's agility too is pretty much great as well, as shown in RE4 where he does so much shit like cartwheeling away from El Gigante's punch, dodging the iconic lasers and pretty much dodging Verdugo's attacks with his cartwheels despite it attacking from above or below the ground. There is also that time in Degeneration where he was performing some sick parkour too. There is probably more since RE4 is like the quick time event game.

Leon has fought superhuman characters that are both agile and strong at the same time such as Jack Krauser from Resident Evil 4, even managing to swap hands with him in a knife fight and eventually later on in the game, he could pretty much contend with Krauser and later defeated him after Krauser mutated his arm.
Also he swapped hands with Boulder Punching Chris Redfield 🤔

He is pretty much no stranger to fighting opponents with long ranged weapons too, since he fought those dudes in RE4 that are equipped with crossbows and that one enemy in the island that is literally equipped with a minigun.

yeah no,from joel profile,I don't see any calc for him so if he is base wall level,then leon horribly ap stomp here considering he is wall level +

Honestly this is a poor matchup, but yeah I agree with what everyone says.

Even if we took out all the usual vs battle statistics and logic, one is a guy who hides and shoots like every other 3rd person shooter and barely gets by in a apocalypse, and the other is a laser-grid-dodging, knife-throwing, monster-fighting badass who not only survives a zombie apocalypse, but takes down the evil groups responsible for unleashing them in the first place.

One guy got killed by a golf club to the head after being attacked by a group of pissy losers, the other would not only kill everyone in the room, but beat the person who tried to do it with their own golf club so hard that their face wouldn't even be a face anymore. Assuming that they would even get the chance to ambush him, much less hit him while he's down.

In other words, Leon wins this hands down.

put joel, ellie and tommy together and maybe this match will be balanced, otherwise leon destroys no diff

This fight is currently a stomp, as it's too one-sided for Leon. We can technically vote, but this match cannot be added to either of their profiles due to Joel having pretty much no way to win

Well, I would honestly just say that this would be more of a stomp in Joel's favour, though let me just do an analysis first.

In comparison to his RE4 self, the RE2 remake Leon is much less impressive. While Leon did get some experience during the whole RE2 event, Joel beats this by already having 20 years experience surviving an apocalypse before the Last of Us 1 even began. Also, the clickers are for the most part more impressive than anything Leon faced in the game, barring the more mutated RE monsters and the Tyrant. Leon did likely have some police training though, but again its likely not a factor here.

Stats wise, Leon also loses. Leon struggles with regular RE zombies while Joel smashes common runners who are likely stronger and are also much faster. RE2 leon has peak human reactions, while Joel is comparable to Ellie who has subsonic reactions. The only thing equal here is their weaponry which is both supersonic, so it will all really depend on who gets the shot first. Granted, speed is equalized anyway, but I'm trying to be thorough here.

As for equipment...

wait wtf do you mean Leon gets none of his equipment?!

Yeah no im ignoring that. Especially since Leon isn't his gigachad RE4 self now.

So going into equipment (and technically hax), Joel severely outclasses Leon in terms of weaponry and equipment (for the most part).

In weapons, Joel has access to a few that Leon doesn't have in some capacity, such as assault rifles, sniper rifles and bows an arrows. In melee Joel also wins, as while Leon has combat knives, Joel carries hatchets, pipes and Baseball bats, and Leon isn't the gigachad he is in RE4 to be skilled enough to defeat Joel with just his knife.

In tools and other equipment, a bit more sided to Leon. Both have explosives and access to fire manip via equipment (Molovs and nail bomb for Joel, flamethrower and hand grenades for Leon), as well as healing in the form of herbs and medkits. Leon does have an edge with stunning via flash grenades, which are superior to Joel's smoke grenades, though the latter could allow for some stealth. Leon does have acess to Acid Rounds though, meaning he still has a wincon in that regard, and damage reduction from herbs is also pretty neat.

So Joel has better weaponry, but leon has good equipment and a hax via acid rounds.

Also im just going to get this out of the way, RE2 remake Leon's rocket launcher does give Leon an AP advantage, but I wouldn't consider it a factor here as this will be the thing most likely restricted, plus its not quite the insta win people think it would be. It is Leon's best weapon for AP, but it is slow, requires good aim that makes it better for bigger targets, and has limited ammunition (about 4 shots). It is powerful, but Joel can likely work his way around that via stealth and catch Leon by suprise. Not to mention Leon has to be careful since it can damage him if the explosion its close. Either way, I think that the rocket launcher will and should be restricted, but the other restrictions on Leon should be removed here.

Ok, going into my final verdict. With speed being equalized and most of Leon and Joels weaponry having Supersonic attack speed (save for a few of Joel's better guns which have supersonic +), all it would really take is one good shot for either opponent to be killed since both their weapons are leagues above what either fighter is capable of in durability and both would likley be going for a headshot. However, Joel skillstomps here as aside from his years of experience, Joel just comes with overall better guns. Even equipment would likely not help Leon here its likely not going to come into play here as both would go for their weapons first and again, the fight would likely be decided in one shot.

But assuming it drags out...well leon still likely lose. Damage reduction from herbs will definetely help the fight, and Leon does have the acid rounds I mentioned earlier, but again, Joel just has better weapons overall. Stealth is likley a non-factor, but would still go in Joels favour if pushed as he's just overall used to stealth more than Leon is. Melee is also a spot Joel wins in as he both outranges and has better AP here than Leon does, who isn't even a tenth of the skilled badass he is in RE4 to make up for it. Flashes could give Leon a win-con as he could stun Joel, but Joel also has blinding capabilities and potential cover in the form of smoke grenades, though are overall inferior to flashes, so it would likely depend on who uses their tools first.

I would just say that more times than not, Joel wins due to most of what I said above. More direct summary comming soon for those who TLDR, but I vote Joel.

Last edited:
Ok, summary time.

Leon (RE2 Remake)
(-) Physically weaker and slower (though latter is a non factor here)
(-) Less experienced overall (though likely has police training)
(-) Both ranged and melee weapon arsenal is inferior to Joel's
(+) Rocket Launcher can one shot Joel due to higher AP...
(-) ...But has a lot of downsides Joel can exploit, and can hurt Leon as well if misaimed.
(=) Equal in most regards with Equipment and Healing
(+) Damage reduction will help in fight if Leon doesn't take damage to critical areas such as head.
(+) Flashbangs are potent and could stun joel long enough for Leon to take the win.
(-) Smokescreen could also do the same (though less potent) and could allow joel to sneak off with its cover.
(=) Regardless of experience and equipment, either character can win if they can get a headshot off first,
(*) Simp
(*) Became a daring badass in his fight against the super tyrant, almost as good as his RE4 self (even if he did require Ada's help)

Joel
(+) Physicaly stronger and faster (again latter is a non factor)
(+) Better weapon arsenal overall in terms of ranged and melee
(+) Better range with rifles
(-) Rocket Launcher can oneshot Joel
(+) ...though it has many downsides Joel can work around.
(+) Better at stealth
(+) More experienced overall
(=) Mostly equal in terms of equipment...
(-) Though Leon has a few more stuff Joel doesn't
(-) Leon's acid rounds could spell doom for Joel, even if he only gets hit in the body
(-) Leon's Flashbangs are superior to Joel's smokescreen in terms of inhibiting eyesight, and can also blind and stun him long enough for Leon to kill him.
(+) Smokescreen however allows for Joel to hide his movements with stealth and provide cover from Leon's eyesight.
(=) Regardless of experience and equipment, either character can win if they can get a headshot off first
(*) Weakness to golf clubs
(*) RE4 leon would kick his ass even if he only had a knife

Last edited:
I know I just gave my verdict via an analysis and made this summary, but I do want to say that everyone should take their time to make their vote.

Despite my verdict, Going through this analysis and summary has been a rollercoaster, as I originally though that RE2 leon could still take the win, followed by thinking Joel would win with the original analysis, then realising Leon still has a good chance to win after doing the summary. This is easily one of the closest fights I have worked on analysis wise and I think everyone should take the time to have a look at the facts before casting their vote.

Back