• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How does Sans' attacks and Blue Mode interact with Mirio's intangibility?

Do they still effect him while he's intangible?

I'd say Mirio for higher AP and general tanky-ness. Also he has blitzing potential unless Sans can react to underground surprise attacks.

TheRustyOne said:
How does Sans' attacks and Blue Mode interact with Mirio's intangibility?

Do they still effect him while he's intangible?
Considering it's soul damage Sans' attacks should still hurt Mirio, also

Sans - 0

Mirio - 3 (Andy, AsianAntics, Gojira)

Im not voting but i dont see how their soul manip cannot one shot. Sans is literally doing 9-A damage to someones soul with no resistance. He just negates frisks durability to an extent by poisoning his soul as well (which also negs durability). The reason undertale characters resist soul manip in the first place is because they dont get one shotted by this.

Souls do not have durability to begin with which is why soul hax is considered as durability negation in the first place and anybody who takes a hit directly to the soul (especially a 9-A one) without resistence, should have their durability negged and their soul one shotted.

Sans cannot one shot "baseline" souls with no resistance. He's bottom tier. That's only a thing for stronger characters.

Is there any quantifiable baseline durability for a soul? Because im pretty sure a normal non corporeal soul with no physical durability cannot withstand a 9-A attack which is able to hit them.

I don't think you can quantify soul attack as being any tier, given that it's not physical. Sans being 9-A doesn't make his soul manip 9-A. It's hax mostly separated from his AP.

I would agree with that under most circumstances. But they basically hit your soul with their normal attacks and therefore hitting the non corporeal soul with said attack. Plus these baseline soul hax would deal normal damage but negate durability to someone without resistence, kinda sounds contradictory if somoene can gain resistance to taking spiritual damage as a normal hit.

But if true, would someone like undyne the undying be able to one shot?

Still believe it's just a separate damage system. Again, you can't exactly apply physical energy to souls.

Also you can harm someone's soul without necessarily one shotting it. It still ignores dura, just not without one shotting.

Idk. You're the one that came up with the new scaling.

In majority of cases it would be a seperate damage system. But in fiction, it isnt out of the question for someone to hurt someones soul using their physical attacks. I think another example is hades from god of war where he hits universal enimies with his claws and also uses them to directly rip into peoples souls and tear it out

This is probably even more consistent in undertale when you consider that spiritual resistance basically scales alongside their durability and allows them to damage their souls equally to how they are physically. So yes, it is likely sans would be doing some form of 9-A damage to their souls. Especially when he has only ever used this on someone with soul resistance so treating it as baseline is kinda weird

Are there some standards or a thread for this soul manip scaling you mention? Because i think people use sorta use this logic for other things like when people put tiers on peoples mindhax.

W╠Âh╠Ây╠ ╠Âd╠Âo╠ ╠Ây╠Âo╠Âu╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âp╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âp╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Âs╠Âu╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âm╠Âe╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Ân╠Â!╠ I was mainly asking what you thing but thats okay if you are unsure.

If discussing this here is derailing, should i continue this on the wall or maybe later thread or something?

Back