• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legitimacy of Matches

Arkenis

They/Them
Got permission from Mr.Bambu.

Alright, so I'm sure everyone knows and has seen the infamous FRA trains that happen in matches, especially with popular characters where little reason is presented besides previous arguments that are either still in contention, have been shot down, or the opposition has little support to engage continuously. Secondly is the matches done illy (unknowingly or knowingly) with outdated pages or glaringly unfavorable sides.

So, I'd like to set up two requirements for FRAs and then a simple "Outdated Warning" for outdated pages that have been abandoned or are being updated. The outdated warning isn't for pages like Deku or Gojo where they are receiving updates throughout the year or the supporters are attentive, it's for pages where the cast or character is lacking overall in abilities/descriptions, supporters are making/revising a verse specific power system page or overhauling several characters. If the outdated warning is something too big to be done as it is thousands of likely outdated pages, then the verse page itself can have an outdated warning on it instead.

FRA
When commenting FRA, one must offer two reasons for why they are voting based off the reasons above.
Generally, FRAs should not be within the first page as this can create a premature cascade of votes without both sides being fleshed out. Though, when a match is decided within the first page, grace applies and the first page rule can be ignored.

The match which prompted me to make this was Toji vs Uvogin. A clear example of an outdated character page and little support for the HxH verse made it so Toji would be voted for before the second page was even made. If others could, please post other examples to get my point across. I'm sure there's numerous examples. And just to clarify, I don't think these matches are done maliciously, they just aren't thought out well enough.

They Agree: AbaddonTheDisappointment
Doesn't Like Cool Ideas:

Last edited:
Agree FRA (had to say it)

Anyways, I think most of this is fine though the no FRA in the first page I do think there could be a potential issue with that. If there aren’t any counter arguments, the opponent doesn’t have many options, and it doesn’t go past the first page it kinda just makes it sound like people cant vote. Could probably just be fixed by rewording it or something.

If others could, please post other examples to get my point across. I'm sure there's numerous examples.

People supporting Kashimo were clearly lying about a bunch of stuff regarding Yuta (like they literally made up stuff that Kashimo CANNOT counter) and the massive FRA train came. Until me and some other oppositors came and actually presented arguments for Yuta & debunked the previously told lies.

Agree FRA (had to say it)

Anyways, I think most of this is fine though the no FRA in the first page I do think there could be a potential issue with that. If there aren’t any counter arguments, the opponent doesn’t have many options, and it doesn’t go past the first page it kinda just makes it sound like people cant vote. Could probably just be fixed by rewording it or something.
Grace itself should be fine.

Grace itself should be fine.
What do you mean? I’m saying assuming counter arguments are dealt with but it doesn’t go past the first page the rule would imply they’d just have to either make useless posts to get it past the first page or just wait til someone bumps it to the second page. Not sure how grace would deal with that

What do you mean? I’m saying assuming counter arguments are dealt with but it doesn’t go past the first page the rule would imply they’d just have to either make useless posts to get it past the first page or just wait til someone bumps it to the second page. Not sure how grace would deal with that
I'm saying if the match is decided within the first page, the fras are fine as both sides have argued enough and grace comes into play so there's no need for useless posts to get past first page. I've updated the wording now.

I'm saying if the match is decided within the first page, the fras are fine as both sides have argued enough and grace comes into play so there's no need for useless posts to get past first page. I've updated the wording now.
Welp that was my one gripe. Full agree now

If others could, please post other examples to get my point across. I'm sure there's numerous examples. And just to clarify, I don't think these matches are done maliciously, they just aren't thought out well enough.

This was a match where the side for Connor gave a few posts, and then a FRA train happened with like 6 votes before any Worm supporter could even make a post, with it looking like the thread participants were fully fine with going through Grace and eventually posting the results before said Worm supporters ended up finding the thread. Worm supporters aren't really that active in general, in fact i'm pretty much the only one doing CRTs nowadays, let alone any participation on Vsthreads in particular. The verse is also pretty old with many profiles lacking scans and justifications. Number Man in particular is a character whose power only sounds kinda impressive when said in a vacuum like his profile mostly does, but his real strength shows in his actual insane feats he accomplishes with that power and its implications, something the profile only lists some of, but not many of his more impressive ones, and even the ones mentioned have some important context omitted, such as the fact the Dragon Teeth officers mentioned also had their own precog, which his inferior clones outmatched, where he then outmatched his clones.

Back