• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of The Northern Blade: Profile Split, and some additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Took quite a while, but at least we're finally here.

H3uDKaL.png
First things first, Profile spliting.

So, a while back, I've made a CRT to merge both the novel of LOTNB, and its Manhwa, since there weren't a lot of changes.

Wellllll, that is still kinda true, although there are some contradiction here and there, and at this point in the novel, I've been informed by the translators that the Manhwa takes a completely different turn. So, it's best to split it now, to the Novel version, and Manhwa version.

Keep in mind, I'll still use some teeny tiny plot stuff, mostly for the intelligence stuff for the Manhwa, as I don't believe there are any contradictions there and just some simple world building.
Any ability however will be removed.

Here's the current profile, and here are the sandboxes for the Novel version, and here's the Manhwa version.

Most important change is that I finally added references. Did I hate doing it? No.

Maybe.

Yes.

Anyways, here's the stuff changed.

I. For the novel version:

1. I removed the regeneration, and changed it to healing, as it was stated it was done by mediating.

2. I removed the technique mimicry, as the novel still hasn't shown any feats for it.

3. I removed Mind Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, and Acrobatics as these haven't been shown in the novel yet, and they could be shown differently.

4. His second key has been changed to High 7-C, due to this calc.

5. I removed Air Manipulation, as it wasn't shown in the novel yet, and I have changed the reasoning for NPI, he hasn't interacted with sound waves in the novel yet, but he has interacted with Chi, and Chi was stated to be intangible.

6. Also removed a few moves, notably "The Unleashment of Snow Flower", as this move straight up doesn't exist in the novel, and "Shadow Blade of the end" This ability hasn't been shown yet

7. Changed his Likely K rating to Unknown, as the feat hasn't been shown yet, and could very well be different.

8. Removed some scans of the manhwa from the intelligence section, as it doesn't exist yet.

9. Removed his resistance to sleep, illusions, fire, and air manipulation, as those events haven't happened in the Novel yet, and we can't just assume they'll be the same.

10. Removed any manhwa scan.

11. Bolded every ability.

II. For the Manwha version.

1. Changed All-Seeing Cognizance, aka his op Analytical Prediction, to Omnidirectional sense. I initially thought this ability didn't exist in the Manhwa, but nope, they're the same as that was the reason why Jin was able to dodge all of Tae's moves. Although it's quite weaker, and changed the description a bit, as he can't dozens of miles in the Manhwa.

2. Removed Precognition, as that ability doesn't exist in the Manhwa.

3. Removed Reactive Power level, and Forcefield negation as those don't exist in the Manhwa. Also changed the description of the Enhanced Senses in his first key, he didn't sense a master in steath in the manhwa.

4. Changed the resistance to analytical prediction to his second key, as the first key has nothing showing that.

5. Removed resistance to Attack reflection, Fear manipulation, and Chi Absorption as those straight up don't exist in the manhwa.

6. Changed the intelligence section a bit, well just added the final fight in the series.

7. Removed Vibration Manipulation cuz it doesn't exist in the Manhwa.

8. Bolded every ability.

II. Some additions
(Didn't feel like making a cover, and this doesn't deserve it anyways)
Mostly additions for the Novel, but I also added some stuff for the Manhwa.

I. For the Novel version

1. Added Vibration Manipulation (Jin scales to people who could rupture people's hearts with their laugh alone[13])

2. Added Attack deflection (?) I have no idea what should I classify it as: Can deflect both physical and intangible attacks, even attack that were supposed to crush his soul[11]

3. I added Sound Manipulation (His attacks do not make a sound[3])

4. Changed his range in the second key to Extended range, up to hundreds of meters (Capable of destroying the Sword Wall, which is 500 ft wide and 300 ft high)

5. Changed the speed rating in his second key from High Hypersonic to At least Supersonic, as he doesn't have any High Hypersonic feat in the novel yet.

II. For the Manhwa version

1. Changed his first key completely, from 8-B to At least 8-A (Capable of fighting Tae Mu-Kang, with the latter effortlessly defeating Dam Soo-Cheon, who could do this[18]. Furthermore, it was shown that Jin could've likely killed Tae Mu-Kang in a single move had he not counterattacked[19])

2. Changed the speed in his first key from Transonic, to Subsonic, possibly Transonic. However, I haven't done much on this yet. The thing is, we weren't shown many speed feats in the beginning arc. But the novel stated that his attack caused Sonicbooms, and I don't think there's anything contradicting that, as some of the attack do in-fact seem to be able to make Sonicbooms, as the sound effect for some attacks is "Boom" and there is a shockwave from every attack.
But I'm not sure, can I just use the novel scan for this and say he's Transonic and be done with it?

3. Added a new description to his Technique Mimicry (Able to replicate skills from a master swordsman, a swordsman who has devoted his entire life to training, even being called a "Sword God", and Jin managed to copy it perfectly after only seeing it once.[7] Has also managed to copy and master a hand-to-hand combat martial arts from one of the best, if not the best hand-to-hand martial artist in the world, despite other people taking ten plus years to learn it, but they still weren't able to gain full command on it, while he only experienced it in a fight. He was regarded as a genius for it[8])

4. Added resistance to shapeshifting (?) I ain't sure but: Jin has shown from time to time to be able to detect Shapeshifters easily) Added it as a feat for his ESP.

5. Changed his last key from High 7-A, likely Low 6-B to straight up Low 6-B. We only put a likely there because we weren't sure if Jin could compare to Dam Soo Cheon, but as the latest chapters reveal, he is capable of going toe-to-toe with Dam, and fight alongside with him.

Aaaaand that's about it. Also, every match should be removed as the profile is split now, and there doesn't exist a High 7-A anymore.

Last edited:
Looks good. Resistance to shapeshifting should be just another reason added to extrasensory perception.

Also, you should maybe try to add another photo to one of them to create a bigger difference between the pages. Then another thing is to add the shortcut tabb above the quote which will show both version on their pages. Ex. Rimuru, Meng Hao, Superman etc.

XXKINGXX, likely the plot diverges at a point in time and manhwa will go another route while novel will have a different one. But Riki will know better.

Aha okay, I'll add shortcut tab soon, and add shape-shifting stuff to ESP.

Also damn, that Jin photo was the best one I had, but I'll try looking for another one.

Is there an explanation why the manga and novel are different canons?
Plot is slowly diverging between the two. Not to mention some stuff that exist in the novel, but doesn't exist in the manhwa, etc etc...

Oh and the fact that the manhwa kills off a character that apparently doesn't die in the novel (No its not Ryu, but that sister of the jackass who hated Jin in the Pre-timeskip) and the translators of the novel said that the manhwa took a completely different turn from the novel, and the plot is not the same anymore.

Well, you can still use the same photo, I just think it will help with making a difference between them easier. I can look for a photo later aka monday night as till then I don't have acces to my laptop.

Damn, getting a good render for Jin is hard af, as most of his good pics have text on them.

Here's like, the best one I could get without text, which ain't great.

Here's also the cover of the novel which has him, but I'm not sure if its good enough.

If the part which the text covers doesnt have details over it then i can redraw it. If you think any would be good, upload them on imgur then pm them to me so i can see if i can do anything about it.

The novel one while looks good it doesn't show his face at all

The problem isn't just the text, it's that also they don't show his full body, ie covering his face with shadow, looking extra serious, fighting an enemy, etc...

I found this from the Artist's website, but I doubt we can remove the text, and I'm not even sure if it's good enough.

There's also this. Don't mind the quality, I could get a hi-res one from the official site.

We could always just go for the pre-timeskip/the very beginning of the post timekip, ie stuff like this, this and this. But they ain't that great.

Also no, you're right, I don't want both profiles to use the same pic. They deserve more respect!

Last edited:
Second is pretty good, same for the second from pre-timeskip.

And actually its doable to redraw the first one just that it will take time.

Btw first from pre-timeskip is not accesible to me ... It blocks my acces.

Odd, but I fixed it.

Alrighty, while the first one is nice, but I believe the body structure is a bit... eh? It's like his spine is broken or smth, but still cool.

I think I'll go with the second one, as it's pretty damn cool. I'll remove the background (I'll try at least), and then post it here.

Also as a side note that's not related to this thread, but I'll be making a few more LOTNB soon, hopefully. Mostly The Ghost blade, Jo Soo Cheon, aka the demon fist, and the blood martial arts dude. And maaaaaaybe Ryu and The Ghost Spear that almost destroyed Jin.

And I'm finished with the render, and added it to the novel profile. Not the best, but it works alright.

Now I just need 1 or 2 more votes and this will be finished.

Nice~ I'll go ahead and add it into his NPI justification then.

Well, there ain't many supporters to this verse, and I believe 2 admins should be enough as this is mainly splitting the profile.

Can I go ahead and make the changes?

Aaaand the changes have been applied, and I have added a shortcut box to the profiles.

This thread can be closed.

Thanks to anyone who contributed here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back