• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ragnarok Atreus is stronger than when he fought Baldur, and at his peak, he can hurt beings as strong as Odin, even without Shapeshifting. His animal forms, especially Bjorn, just bully the shit out of him

Ragnarok Atreus is stronger than when he fought Baldur, and at his peak, he can hurt beings as strong as Odin, even without Shapeshifting. His animal forms, especially Bjorn, just bully the shit out of him
Base Atreus couldn't really hurt Odin. The most he ever did was stagger him with his blows after Odin was distracted by Freya and Kratos striking him, but that's not the same as really hurting Odin. Base Atreus is also very inconsistent with his power scaling since he couldn't really do anything against Heimdall, who is undoubtedly weaker than Odin. It's based on his focus and belief, which could easily waver during his fight. Atreus does have his shapeshifting going for him, and that could give him the edge, but Baldur could still use his light powers to increase his speed and outmaneuver Atreus as he did several times against Kratos in their fights.

Base Atreus is a chore to place honestly, especially here where his opponent is also a chore to place in the scaling. He currently scales below Hrist and Mist at his peak I think? Baldur is just weaker than but comparable to 2018 Kratos, who's nebulously weaker than his Ragnarok self.

I'd say they're about the same there, with Baldur having an advantage of sorts. But it wouldn't matter anyway, cause Baldur is invulnerable and Atreus is a stonewall. And in his animal states, he's objectively stronger than Baldur to a notable degree.

That said, Baldur just outlasts since nothing can put a dent on him due to his curse.

Last edited:
Base Atreus is a chore to place honestly, especially here where his opponent is also a chore to place in the scaling He currently scales below Hrist and Mist at his peak I think? Baldur is just weaker than but comparable to 2018 Kratos, who's nebulously weaker than his Ragnarok self.

I'd say they're about the same there, with Baldur having an advantage of sorts. But it wouldn't matter anyway, cause Baldur is invulnerable and Atreus is a stonewall. And in his animal states, he's objectively stronger than Baldur to a notable degree.

That said, Baldur just outlasts since nothing can put a dent on him due to his curse.
I'm pretty sure Atreus still has that mistletoe arrow head from 2018 that he accidentally stabbed Baldur with (well he had it until Freya took it back).

I'm pretty sure Atreus still has that mistletoe arrow head from 2018 that he accidentally stabbed Baldur with (well he had it until Freya took it back).
....Huh, he does. And Baldur doesn't know about it but Atreus does.

Voting for Atreus then. He's just durable enough to dodge and weather Baldur's punches enough to break his curse and then either wear him down with his arrows and magical attacks or just overpower him by transformation.

Last edited:
....Huh, he does. And Baldur doesn't know about it but Atreus does.

Voting for Atreus then. He's just durable enough to dodge and weather Baldur's punches enough to break his curse and then either wear him down with his arrows and magical attacks or just overpower him.by transformation.
BOI becomes MAN FRA.

Feel like people are forgetting about Baldur’s other abilities. He can absorb the magic from Atreus’ arrows and incorporate them into his own fighting style, which he does very effectively in-character. He’s also got his ice powers he gained after his fight with Kratos. He’s got decades more experience than Atreus, and can outspeed him as well with his light powers. I also feel like people underestimate Baldur’s performance against Kratos. Though he did lose and Kratos was still rusty, Baldur pushed Kratos to his absolute limit the first match, and in his first and third matches, required Kratos to go into Spartan Rage to overpower him. You could argue that’s gameplay mechanics, but I disagree: it was shown specifically to demonstrate Kratos needed to tap into his rage to defeat Baldur.

Like if Atreus transformed into a bear or wolf, Baldur could just use his light powers to increase his speed and spam long-ranged ice or other magic attacks. Baldur’s regeneration is also more advanced than Atreus’. Baldur can regenerate more quickly, whereas Atreus needed to exert effort to heal more mild injuries dealt by Kratos.

Last edited:
Baldur got worked twice in his fights with Kratos and the novelization confirms the Rage mode being a game mechanic, seeing the moment the curse wore off, Kratos left him on the ground not long after and pondered on pulverizing his bones. The gap isn't obscene but it's definitely there. And Atreus already holds his own against Valkyries, if barely, and they're scarcely weaker than Baldur.

I'll give you the magic absorption and use as that's a solid advantage but experience is dampened significantly by the fact that he's never had to learn how to defend against or dodge attacks whereas Atreus has this sort of training and experience in spades. Not to mention Atreus basically has prior information seeing as he's fought Baldur already at this point.

And Baldur loves getting into the thick of things to do battle, especially considering he'd be getting sensations for the first time in centuries during this fight and a battle with a powerful animal turned Jotunn is exactly what he'd want. While he does use ranged attacks, he's never been one to actively avoid close quarters combat to do so.

Last edited:
Baldur got worked twice in his fights with Kratos and the novelization confirms the Rage mode being a game mechanic, seeing the moment the curse wore off, Kratos left him on the ground not long after and pondered on pulverizing his bones. The gap isn't obscene but it's definitely there. And Atreus already holds his own against Valkyries, I'd barely, and they're scarcely weaker than Baldur.
It says that Kratos would pulverize his bones after he's snapped his neck and killed him. That's a lot less difficult to do when he's already dead, and it mostly just shows how angry Kratos could be that he could go into such an overkill state when fighting his enemies. And didn't the novel say that Baldur was the most powerful enemy Kratos had ever faced? There are several contradictions there, and I'm still against using the novels for full scaling.
I'll give you the magic absorption and use as that's a solid advantage but experience is dampened significantly by the fact that he's never had to learn how to defend against or dodge attacks whereas Atreus has this sort of training and experience in spades. Not to mention Atreus basically has prior information seeing as he's fought Baldur already at this point.
And Baldur's got prior information as well on how Atreus fights, barring the animal transformation.
And Baldur loves getting into the thick of things to do battle, especially considering he'd be getting sensations for the first time in centuries during this fight and a battle with a powerful animal turned Jotunn is exactly what he'd want. While he does use ranged attacks, he's never been one to actively avoid close quarters combat to do so.
He'd probably avoid close-quarters combat when he sees how strong Atreus is in his animal transformations.

It says that Kratos would pulverize his bones after he's snapped his neck and killed him. That's a lot less difficult to do when he's already dead, and it mostly just shows how angry Kratos could be that he could go into such an overkill state when fighting his enemies. And didn't the novel say that Baldur was the most powerful enemy Kratos had ever faced? There are several contradictions there, and I'm still against using the novels for full scaling.
Tough, we still do use the novels, we just throw out blatantly contradictory information like Baldur being the strongest he's ever faced.

And what do you mean after he snapped his neck? Baldur was still alive when he thought of pasting the former's bones.

Considering he gets his ass beaten by Kratos when he's the rustiest he's ever been, it's laughable to assume he's on par.
And Baldur's got prior information as well on how Atreus fights, barring the animal transformation.
What prior information? He's fought Kratos while an 11 year old godling was just providing cover fire for like 10 minutes and wasn't even focusing on Atreus to begin with.
He'd probably avoid close-quarters combat when he sees how strong Atreus is in his animal transformations.
He's never, ever done that in his life. His entire existence is defined by not caring about consequences and doing whatever he can to feel and have sensation. Running away from a powerful opponent that can make him bleed is the last thing he'd do.

Back