• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lati@s speed upgrade

But it's neither a laser or a light beam... This doesn't fall under any of the disqualifications iirc.

Actually, Latios may not be the only one with attacks light(pun) that. Thunder Wave in the japanese version of the game is called Electromagnetic Wave and quite a lot of pokémon learn it (prominently, magnemite, which also learns Light Screen, and the pokédex states is his way of floating), and also the existence of Power Gem which is outright described as firing a ray of light. Moonblast in the manga is shown as a burst of...moonlight, lol, though in the games is a ball of moon energy.

@cal: If you are arguing the attack to be lightspeed because it is a "burst of light" than you have to fulfill the light dodging criteria, as you have to proof light nature.

The page might be called light beam dodging but it quite obviously also applies to light claims where the light doesn't take the arbitary form of a beam. Claiming so is incredibly nitpicky.

But aren't we as a site nitpicky? :p

Jokes aside, considering the animation is just what a scientific source claims it is (one of the criteria) without disqualifying itself (in main canon anyway. Arguing for anime Luster Purge to be Lightspeed is stupid), it should be legit, and it's not even outlier-y given that Lati@s is hyped up to be among the fastest Pokémon that aren't gods. Not to mention that it's an RPG. There are no instances for it to refract or reflect. It's like saying we can't consider FF's Bolt to be MHS+ (assuming it's called lightning) even though we see it fall from the sky to the ground. While I would normally agree with you wholeheartedly, I can't exactly see what disproves my notion.

Also, glad to see you're awake, bro.

supernatural light Ôëá real light. all your other points are conjecture/irrelevent info..

I think we wank Pokemon enough already.

The way I see it is thus: think of a guy with a flash grenade. The speed at which a flash grenade's explosion of light travels is really fast. If Bob the Guy threw a flash grenade at Jeff the Other Guy, the explosion would be really fast, but it wouldn't scale to Bob for throwing the flash grenade or Jeff for sidestepping the grenade being thrown. So, in my opinion, the Psychic Dragon Twins (sounds like an indie rock band) should have this mentioned on their page perhaps as attack speed in some form, but not reactions.

Of course, this arguement operates under the assumption that this is real light exploding from the attack, but I think it's safe to make that assumption in this case. Again, it's not the sphere itself that has lightspeed, but rather it's the explosion of light that, unfortunately, no one scales to. But I hope I've saved the thread in the interest of making some upgrade, at least. Does my logic make sense?

Freeman basically summed up my thoughts on this topic. I don't think scaling Latios overall to Luster Purge, if its decided to be real light, makes much sense, even if Latios is supposed to be one of the fastest Pokemon. Attack speed seems fine to me, but not their movement or combat speed.

I agree with the previous two, this only scaling the attack speed, and as a prime example in the saga we have Necrozma who attacks literally with light.

If this gets accepted, I'm going to be REALLY surprised because the Pokedex seems to call a few things "light", and VS Battles doesn't consider Techno Blast nor Signal Beam to be lightspeed so what's the exception here?

LordAizenSama and Follow Doctor Freeman are probably correct.

Back