• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, she has no reason to get closer here. She's got plenty of ranged attacks to keep Chaos busy with and could fly even further out if he tries to get close.

Her attack all get dodged, regenerated or tanked, and if Chaos can get close enough, he can Chaos Bind her, plus the only time she really spamed range was when making clones against the Crystal Gems, which aren't High 6-A.

No, but they can exploit his weakness to ice with their ICE weapons. And again, the consensus was that she makes her clones as strong as her opponent. Hence why her clones only matched the Gems in combat. Plus, Chaos can't really kill the clones either. Any damage they take they just reform from or turn into more clones. And again, Lapis could just fly away if he tries to get close. They're 4 km away from each other, that's plenty of distance for her to avoid him.

Show me a clip of a High 6-A clone or didn't happen. And if Chaos gets close to a point in which Lapis decides she has to fly away (since she doesn't abuse range in character), he can probably already use Chaos Bind, since it is a ranged attack. You're right about the clones Regenerationn tho, that would be a problem.

First, she's already shown she can make High 6-A constructs with her water powers (Tower, Chains) so itd be wrong to assume she couldn't do the same with her clones. Second, her clones shouldn't have their full strength scaled from that one scene I feel, as Lapis didn't want to kill the Gems in that scene, she only wanted her to leave them alone. Even in the scene, the Amethyst clone had actually restrained Amethyst and could have killed her, but it didn't, beacuse she was only using them as a distraction. So saying they're only 7-A based on that scene is very likely wrong. Plus even if they were, the clones Ice Weapons exploit his weakness anyway.

Yes, but she doesn't go in close in character either. Just look at her scene in Reunited, the closest she was was when she used her Chains on Blue, then she range spammed the rest of the fight.

If you think the clones are High 6-A, just link to the clip that proves they're High 6-A, simple as that. Also, just because he is weak to ice, doesn't mean ice from being so massively weaker will do any significant damage.

Oh yeah, Reunited, the one in which she stayed kilometers away from Blue during the entire fight... no wait, she didn't, she was a few meters away, which isn't range spaming at all, range spaming would be if she was on the other side of the planet.

Also, Lapis never uses her ice manipulation ever. Malachite does (and would probably be a better fight for Chaos in general) but Lapis has literally never used it in a fight as far as I recall.

Also, she could totally just restrain him since he'd never be able to break out of her Chains due to the LS difference.

The Wright Way said:
Also, Lapis never uses her ice manipulation ever. Malachite does (and would probably be a better fight for Chaos in general) but Lapis has literally never used it in a fight as far as I recall.
She does for her clones. Her clones's weapons are made out of Ice.

CinnabarManx421 said:
The Wright Way said:
She does for her clones. Her clones's weapons are made out of Ice.
Really? Don't remember that.

Yeah, go watch Ocean Gem, when she makes her CG clones she freezes the water to make Ice weapons. They even steam a bit from the temperature difference.

Anyway, Lapis doesn't range spam, she was shown to allow the opponent to get within meters of her in pretty much every fight she's been in, with the only she attacked them from kilometers away being the one against the Crystal Gems.

Wait so, from what I'm getting, Lapis's only way to defeat Chaos is her Ice, which apparently won't work so... I am now uncertain how she can even win.

Freezing him would work; we're not talking about freezing, we're talking about hitting him with weapons made of ice, two different things.

She's never frozen an opponent before though, Wright was correct that she doesn't use her Ice powers that much, barring the fact that she wouldn't know this anyway and gets oneshot so... yeah I don't think she can win. :/

Okay but she's never done that before and has no reason too? Heck she might not even be able to freeze him all the way since the only Ice she's made were the size of the CG's weapons.

Again, she doesn't know to do this though nor is it a thing she's ever done in character and still has no reason to.

You do realize she's A) Never used her Ice in that manner before and B) Those Rubies are way below her and she could have done that extremely casually. You're basically combining 2 of her moves into a completely seperate move that she doesn't have and has never had.

Yeah, she never used it like that, which, as I said, doesn't make it a stomp, because she could win, like that, it just happens that she won't; in the moment she can do something to win, no matter how unlikely it is, it isn't a stomp, it is only a stomp if she has literally no way to win no matter what she does.

Yes, the Rubies are way below Chaos, but immobilizing isn't about AP, it's aout lifting strength.

Also, they're not two completely seperate moves, they're two way Lapis uses her Water Manipulation, it's the same ability.

How is that a wincon though? I don't understand your logic in that. It's like saying she could just crack the ground beneath him open and suck him into the Earth's Core to win, but that'd never happen. You know why? Cause she's never done that before and has no reason to. Something is not a wincon if it has 0 chance of happening.

She could do something to win, she just won't, stomp would be if she couldn't. In the moment she can do something to win, no matter how unlikely it is, it isn't a stomp, it is only a stomp if she has literally no way to win no matter what she does.

You can close the thread if you don't agree, I don't care that much, but Lapis does have a win condition here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back