• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah the classic debate, water vs fire. Due to some pretty unfortunate downgrades for both verses this is now fair so why not?

-Both are High 7-C

-Speed Equal

-Standard Battle Assumptions otherwise

Lapis: (2 votes, Lemon, Vizer)

Flame Princess: (0 votes)

Inconclusive: (0 votes)

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
  • Weaknesses: She sometimes can´t control her temper, and is weak to water.
That plus Gems generally being hard to put down makes this seem kinda one sided.

Ok for one. Lapis is very low in High 7-C while flame prince backscales from her low 7-B key so the gap in ap is big. Thankfully both are elemental fighters but, Lapis doesn’t just chuck oceans at people and flame princes can make small mountain sized AoEs of fire. Lapis specifically doesn’t resist heat since the gems that can resist heat are stated multiple times to do so. Pearl and Amethyst view lava as instant death and they needed Garnet to do a mission that revolves around lava alone.

So if Lapis gets hit she straight melts and her regenerate is worthless because she can’t do anything for like an entire minute while her weak spot is exposed (the gem will also likely melt with Lapis as soon as the fight begins because flame princes opens with the AoE fire).

Last edited:
Ok for one. Lapis is very low in High 7-C while flame prince backscales from her low 7-B key so the gap in ap is big. Thankfully both are elemental fighters but, Lapis doesn’t just chuck oceans at people and flame princes can make small mountain sized AoEs of fire. Lapis specifically doesn’t resist heat since the gems that can resist heat are stated multiple times to do so. Pearl and Amethyst few lava as instant death and they needed Garnet to do a mission that revolves around lava alone.

So if Lapis gets hit she straight melts and her regenerate is worthless because she can’t do anything for like an entire minute while her weak spot is exposed (the gem will also likely melt with Lapis as soon as the fight begins because flame princes opens with the AoE fire).
Make sense, but Lapise uses Water with every single one of her atacks and restraning oponents with giant water hand is very um character for her

Both can easily kill each other with their respective elements and both elements is usually cancel each other out (the fire and water will likely turn to steam, especially since this fire has melted ice mountains before).

I just think Flame Princess usually starts with a lot more of it, and Lapis will likely be overwhelmed in the start of the fight. If she lives past the first bit of the fight I would vote inconclusive since both can pretty easily kill each other, but I think Lapis gets overwhelmed by too much fire at the start.

I mean I’m pretty sure if Lapis sees her making a torrent of fire that big she’d just summon enough water to match it. We already know she can control the entire ocean while severely injured so she could do it even easier even just to match FP normally.

Lapis needs an external source to have water though and due to SBA they are in Central Park. Even if she does have enough water, Lapis doesn’t open with as much water as Flame Princess does with fire so she would need to notice the fires getting past her water then act in time before being melted.

Both can easily kill each other with their respective elements and both elements is usually cancel each other out (the fire and water will likely turn to steam, especially since this fire has melted ice mountains before).

I just think Flame Princess usually starts with a lot more of it, and Lapis will likely be overwhelmed in the start of the fight. If she lives past the first bit of the fight I would vote inconclusive since both can pretty easily kill each other, but I think Lapis gets overwhelmed by too much fire at the start.
Fire princess fire can be hot, but she was show to be harmed by tears, and Isn't like Lapis would stay still while F.P trows fire at here and has overall beter manipulation of her element, hell, she can just make a clone of F.P made of water to deafeat her

Ad we até using F.P First key

Plus, probably should make it more clear, it is cartoonishly out of character for Lapis to throw an ocean at someone. She never does anything like that.

She stole the ocean for one purpose, to make a platform to leave Earth. In every fight she has ever been in she never does something like that again.

Lapis needs an external source to have water though and due to SBA they are in Central Park. Even if she does have enough water, Lapis doesn’t open with as much water as Flame Princess does with fire so she would need to notice the fires getting past her water then act in time before being melted.
She could use the water pipeline + the lakes... And should have no problem geting the water from the ocean to get more Walter to use

Show me a moment were F.P evaporeted large bodys of water
Plus, probably should make it more clear, it is cartoonishly out of character for Lapis to throw an ocean at someone. She never does anything like that.

She stole the ocean for one purpose, to make a platform to leave Earth. In every fight she has ever been in she never does something like that again.
You know that "trowing the ocean on her" was more of a joke than a argument, right?

Fire princess fire can be hot, but she was show to be harmed by tears, and Isn't like Lapis would stay still while F.P trows fire at here and has overall beter manipulation of her element, hell, she can just make a clone of F.P made of water to deafeat her

Ad we até using F.P First key
Yeah we are using the first key.

I don’t see how either character would have better control over their elements. Both can do practically whatever they want with them.

Flame Princess being hurt by a tear seems like a massive outlier considering she can melt a ice mountain and her fire doesn’t just immediately stop dead in its tracks upon making contact. Also she overpowered the ice king’s ice.

Though even assuming tears do hurt her, Lapis dies from the fire just as easily.

The clones are high 7-C, Flame Princess is high 7-C+, they die pretty much immediately.

“She could use the water pipeline + the lakes”

That water will evaporate immediately. Flame Princess melted ice mountains, a small lake from Central Park is going to be gone in practically an instant.

“Show me a moment were F.P evaporeted large bodys of water”

I’ll get the clip of her melting the ice mountains.

I don’t see how either character would have better control over their elements. Both can do practically whatever they want with them.
well, fire princess only uses her fire to atack with blast of fire, swords or wipes, Lapis makes entire structures of water to fight

Around 0:15 she melts two mountains in seconds, first mountain not so much but the second mountain is gone within two seconds. The ponds in Central Park aren’t going to last long at all.

I guess Lapis’s water structures can be seen as slightly more complex, but what I was referring to is specifically attacking the opponent. Both can do everything that is relevant for hitting each other like curving their attacks and targeting specific areas.

Around 0:15 she melts two mountains nigh instantly.

I guess Lapis’s water structures can be seen as slightly more complex, but what I was referring to is specifically attacking the opponent. Both can do everything that is relevant for hitting each other like curving their attacks and targeting specific areas.

Impressive but didn’t she only do this cause she was basically bloodlusted against Ice King because of Finn’s manipulation? I don’t see why she’d do that here. Plus that giant torrent of fire you were referring to seems to be herself, so she’d just get hurt when Lapis counters her.

She still has range to take water from thw ocean to this fight, and is show to trow large amonts of water against her oponents
Yes she has the range to draw from the ocean, but that water has to travel to her before she gets melted. There are plenty of times she doesn’t attack with immensely large amounts of water, but I’m just going to go off the max water she has at the start. I don’t think it’s going to last long enough for her to start getting enough ocean water (ignoring how I don’t even think she would think of that in time since nobody has randomly come up and tried to incinerate her before, she would definitely be a bit off guard by that)

Impressive but didn’t she only do this cause she was basically bloodlusted against Ice King because of Finn’s manipulation? I don’t see why she’d do that here. Plus that giant torrent of fire you were referring to seems to be herself, so she’d just get hurt when Lapis counters her.
It comes off her, but it’s like the human torch, hitting the fire blast coming off her doesn’t hurt her.

And yeah I misremembered why she started melting the mountains, but then that brings up who would start attacking with large amounts of their respective elements first. Flame Princess hates water as shown throughout the rest of the episode so Lapis’s basic attack is going to piss her off, meanwhile Lapis doesn’t have a reason at the start to just chuck entire lakes at her opponent. Obviously when her opponent starts to engulf the entire area in flames she’ll go for it, but I think Flame Princess is more likely to get pissed first and start using the larger amount of her element.

Making it practically the same scenario as before with just a bit of start up. Neither of these characters are bloodlusted (not the vs battle term, the natural definition) so nether would instant nuke each other, but Flame Princess will become bloodlusted pretty fast once she see’s her opponent’s main method of attack.

Though even assuming tears do hurt her, Lapis dies from the fire just as easily.
fair, but I would like to mention that she has some temperature manipulation, her water clones used extreme hot and condenseted water to copy the cristal gens wepons
and ice king could easily freeze that fire ball
The clones are high 7-C, Flame Princess is high 7-C+, they die pretty much immediately.
would be nice to have some numbers here in this case
Yes she has the range to draw from the ocean, but that water has to travel to her before she gets melted. There are plenty of times she doesn’t attack with immensely large amounts of water, but I’m just going to go off the max water she has at the start. I don’t think it’s going to last long enough for her to start getting enough ocean water (ignoring how I don’t even think she would think of that in time since nobody has randomly come up and tried to incinerate her before, she would definitely be a bit off guard by that)
Lapis would just dodge the atacks untill the ocean comes there... and It shouldn't take much time, she could draw all the ocean from the word to a single tower during the time of one night you know?, theres very far away water there
(ignoring how I don’t even think she would think of that in time since nobody has randomly come up and tried to incinerate her before, she would definitely be a bit off guard by that)
welll... first, she Isn't dumb, second she was in malachite whem It was fight against alxandrit that used fire breath in that fight, so she should thecnically someone has randomly come up and tried to incinerate her

It comes off her, but it’s like the human torch, hitting the fire blast coming off her doesn’t hurt her.

And yeah I misremembered why she started melting the mountains, but then that brings up who would start attacking with large amounts of their respective elements first. Flame Princess hates water as shown throughout the rest of the episode so Lapis’s basic attack is going to piss her off, meanwhile Lapis doesn’t have a reason at the start to just chuck entire lakes at her opponent. Obviously when her opponent starts to engulf the entire area in flames she’ll go for it, but I think Flame Princess is more likely to get pissed first and start using the larger amount of her element.

Making it practically the same scenario as before with just a bit of start up. Neither of these characters are bloodlusted (not the vs battle term, the natural definition) so nether would instant nuke each other, but Flame Princess will become bloodlusted pretty fast once she see’s her opponent’s main method of attack.
if you say like this, lapis just uses a water hand and restringes fire princes, the water would make fire princesss unable to become "hotter" to evaporate the water, and is extremely in character to Lapis jjust restrain her oponents in water hands and chains

and if fire princess become a giant, lapis could just do a bigger version of that water body to math here, maybe bigger sinse the only limit we saw on lapis water manipulation is the entire ocean water at the same time wilhe in here wekest

“would be nice to have some numbers here in this case”

Lapis is around 110 kilotons, Flame Princess backscales from over a megaton. Lapis will absolutely be one shot.

“Lapis would just dodge the atacks untill the ocean comes there”

Flame Princess’ AoE will make that very hard, but the bigger problem is that assumes the ocean will even be coming. Lapis hasn’t been shown to in character drag the ocean into a fight when she’s nowhere close to the ocean. Granted I don’t think she was in a scenario where she needed to, but her trying to just grab a lake only for her and the lake to be evaporated seems more likely to me. There’s no way Lapis grabbing a large chunk of water isn’t going to bloodlust Flame Princess.

“welll... first, she Isn't dumb”

There’s a big difference between being dumb, and being surprised by a mystical fire creature you have never seen before suddenly blasting a torrent of flames at you (Lapis needs to grab her water so she doesn’t auto have it to fire back). I think people often forget in versus matches these characters don’t know anything about each other so a guy randomly pulling out something like a rocket launcher point blank will definitely surprise some people.

Last edited:
and if fire princess become a giant, lapis could just do a bigger version of that water body to math here, maybe bigger sinse the only limit we saw on lapis water manipulation is the entire ocean water at the same time wilhe in here wekest
Once again Lapis needs the ocean to do that and that would be miles away in this fight. Flame Princess can do her giant fire naturally.

Edit: I’m going to bed and I have work tomorrow. I just joined because I thought the thread just being ‘Lapis throws water gg’ shouldn’t be allowed to slide. People can think (or more so agree) she can win, but the old reasoning just wasn’t a reason to begin with and had no thought put into other than ‘water hurt fire’.

Last edited:
Once again Lapis needs the ocean to do that and that would be miles away in this fight. Flame Princess can do her giant fire naturally.
and It shouldn't take much time, she could draw all the ocean from the world to a single tower during the time of one night you know?, theres very far away water there
uhum...
Flame Princess’ AoE will make that very hard, but the bigger problem is that assumes the ocean will even be coming. Lapis hasn’t been shown to in character drag the ocean into a fight when she’s nowhere close to the ocean. Granted I don’t think she was in a scenario where she needed to, but her trying to just grab a lake only for her and the lake to be evaporated seems more likely to me. There’s no way Lapis grabbing a large chunk of water isn’t going to bloodlust Flame Princess.
Isn't F.P more scared of water them angry of it? and if lapis see a someone evapoting the water she has she would just take the biggest body of water she can, and if she knows that she can evaporate her only form of atack, I think she would go all out as well
There’s a big difference between being a dumb, and being surprised by a mystical fire creature you have never seen before suddenly blasting a torrent of flames at you (Lapis needs to grab her water so she doesn’t auto have it to fire back). I think people often forget in versus matches these characters don’t know anything about each other so a guy randomly pulling out something like a rocket launcher point blank will definitely surprise some people.
Do you really want me to explain why she wouldn't have problens gesing that the girl covered on fire can use fire in here atacks? and this logic can go the same way to F.P, she has even less clues that L.L can manipulate water when the fight starts
Lapis is around 110 kilotons, Flame Princess backscales from over a megaton. Lapis will absolutely be one shot.
Fair

ok, lets try to put all step by step

1-Lapis land fire princes start the fight not going all out and in character
2-Fire princes isn't hot enough to melt or evaporate water beacuse she isn't angry enough and in this state she was show to be harm by tears
3-F.P atacks Lapis that uses her wing as shields beacuse she isn't dumb enough to let a blast of fire hit her or just flys out of the way
3,5- Lapis make the lake or a pipe line become a Giant hand and cath F.P off guard with It (like during the dimonds fight that she used her chains a lot of times to trie imobilizing Blue dimond wilhe fighting
4- Fire princess is wet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5-Fire princess can't become hotter beacus)e is wet and is incapacited in the botton of the lake or something

but lets go more as you sai the battle will take place

1-Lapis land fire princes start the fight not going all out and in character
2-Fire princes isn't hot enough to melt or evaporate water beacuse she isn't angry enough and in this state she was show to be harm by tears
3-Fire princess atacks with here fire and lapis is take of gard by a blast of flames coming for a person mae of flames and is incinareted

this seens right to you?

“Fire princes isn't hot enough to melt or evaporate water”

This is his high 7-C+ state. If Flame Princess doesn’t have the ap to evaporate a small pond of water in her base then that’s not what this key is based off of, and she would need a new key entirely for when she isn’t angry.

I guess the scenario I’m seeing is Lapis and Flame Princess start attacking. Lapis needs to get her element from an external source so she may die right there. If she lives Flame Princess sees water and starts getting angry. Lapis sees more fire and starts to grab a pond. Flames Princess becomes bloodlusted from this and AoE nukes before Lapis has time to start coming up with another plan.

Even if she doesn’t get nuked there both can very easily kill each other from that point on if either gets slightly hit and both can fly and create large AoE’s to kill each other. Lapis’ never has used an ocean’s amount of water in a fight before so their AoE is more so going to be around the same size on average and both can fly pretty much just as well as the other.

So it’s mostly an inconclusive but Flame Princess has more options at the beginning of the fight to win so I think that tips the scales to Flame Princess winning majority of the time (not a large majority but still the majority).

It’s not like Lapis can’t win, but Flame Princess would get more destructive first and can do so whenever while Lapis isn’t as aggressive towards fire and needs to summon her element. (And I guess you could more say Flame Princess is scared of fire rather than hateful to it, but due to SBA (an opponent can’t flee from battle due to SBA) and more so what she usually does her flight or fight response will be fight (also going to bed for real now))

Lapis can make her own water and even get it from the ground also also a reminder that a FP's weakness to water is severe enough that being hugged by a snowman incapped her and nulled her fire powers for a full day

Back