• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, character A beats B, who beat C, and is therefore superior to C is a fallacy, but I honestly feel like this is still a stomp just due to Aku's hax and speed.

The fact they get exhausted from shapeshifting already proves it's not limitless. Then there's stuff like CG's being tired in Chilee Tid, Lapis losing control of Malachite (and getting knocked out for several hours afterward)

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm assuming the tiredness comes from taking damage.
Which still would be tiredness, especially considering you're expected to take damage in fights. Which is what this wiki is about.

Gems are inanimate objects with projected bodies made of light, its physically impossible for them to get tired. And theyve never gotten tired from shapeshifting, only Steven so far has shown this. In Lapis' case that is mental strain not actually being tired.

Amethyst slept because she enjoys the action of sleeping when it was officially confirmed that Gems dont need sleep, Pearl slept because Steven wanted her to experience sleeping

Its the same reason that Gems are able to eat even though they dont need to, they can do so if they wish but its not nececessary

"WeeklyBattles said:
Gems are inanimate objects with projected bodies made of light, its physically impossible for them to get tired. And theyve never gotten tired from shapeshifting, only Steven so far has shown this. In Lapis' case that is mental strain not actually being tired.
My phone is an inanimate object, but it needs to get recharged regularly. And even if it's constantly plugged in, sometimes it may still lose charge faster than it gains it. Gems are just that, expect instead or being plugged in they generate energy from who-even-knows-what.

"And they've never gotten tired from shapeshifting, only Steven so far has shown this" Amethyst? In Back to the Moon? When she barely could hold Jasper's form? While she held it for long, she still got exhausted eventually, and once even had to shapeshift back for several seconds to restore some energy.

"In Lapis' case that is mental strain not actually being tired." Quote from Garnet: "The emotional and physical strain of that type of fusion; I can't imagine. She's gonna need a lot of time to recover."

That entire episode is a really weird, the entire point of the episode is that the Gems are tired due to searching non-stop for a long amount of time, but in that same episode, they say that they don't have to sleep because they don't get tired; basically, the Crewniverse hates us.

Also Amethyst got tired and had to revert back to her original form when posing as Jasper. They have no feats of being impossible to tire.

Cal/Weekly are correct; there is no physical strain outside of taking damage.

However I feel like there is the factor of a mental strain, although given that we're talking about Lapis here I'm sure she can last longer than Aku.

That said, I have no clue why this is still open as Aku haxstomps.

Geez, I can't look away for a few days. What did I miss? Also, can someone explain to me exactly how Aku casts magic?

yeah Aku haxstomps honestly given his shapeshifting, lasers, time portal bullshit if he needs to which Lapis would not see coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back