• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Laid Back Powerhouses - Sans VS Ben Tennyson

I just read up on Sans and turns out he and Ben have a somewhat similar personality, which is cool I guess

Ben vs sans

Sans : 0

Be : 4

Inconclusive : 1

RULES

- Ben can use every form he's ever turned into (On screen) all the way up to the end of Omniverse including every ultimate form he's ever used.

- Ben has master control and is bloodlusted

- Sans is in character but is serious and determined to win

- Speed equalized

- Ben starts as Diamondhead

- They start 15 meters apart

- No Alien X, Every other form is allowed.

@MRTHWORLD

For now he does, but I may remove it

what about the questions?

@Anonimoe

- I'll equalize

- I remember reading in one of his threads that if he's bloodlusted he won't give his opponent any breathing room, while I made Ben bloodlusted just so that he'll be more willing to go for his stronger/more exotic abilities/forms and not just try for humungousaur before changing his strategy

- About Alien X, on the debate side of things Sans has beaten characters from tier 6 all the way up to tier 4 and from what I read on his profile he's hurt/defeated a multiversal before right? This is why I allowed Alien X, However if there was something I didn't understand then please tell me and I'll ban Alien X

Yes it's impossible to fight Sans outside Genocide run

But said character weren't able to kill him with a thought...

@Anonimoe

ok, I've made some changes, are they reasonable?

Should sped be equalized? I mean Sans can teleport already so I'm not too sure

@Anonimoe

Ok then, thanks for the help. Who do you think wins btw

@MRTHEWORLD

Ok, but mind explaining why? (I made this because I was genuinely curious about who would win)

Ok, Why don't the others stand a chance? How would Sans adapt to a foe with so many different abilites? What are the attacks/abilities that Sans has that would allow him to beat the majority of Ben's forms? How would the intangible forms like Ghostfreak and Big Chill fare, or regenerative ones like Swampfire and Snare-oh, or the High 5-A forms like the Ultimates, Way Big and Atomix? Since speed is equalized, do Ben's brawlers stand a chance? I mean even if teleportation is a thing, they all have FTL combat speed. Pretty sure Pesky's attack speed is too slow to matter, but since speed is equalized I'm not sure.

How about forms without profiles? Like Gravattack or NRG (Pretty sure he's gonna be High 5-A too)

Gravity Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Can teleport his enemies, Danmaku, they can't regenerate soul damage, speed doesn't matter since it's equalized...

I was talking about forms with profiles... but Gravattack will help Ben too

How would Gravity and soul manip help him beat Ben? (Dumb question I know but I don't play Undertale so I'm not sure what Sans can do with his powers) Are there ways to bypass soul manipulation? I mean that sounds unbeatable yet there are characters that managed to beat Sans on this site too.

Danmaku is actually the reason I didn't wanna equalize speed because I figured XLR8, Fasttrack and Jetray would help him out with that, though Clockwork could (He is bloodlusted so I figure he'd be going for Clockwork quicker than he normally would)

How would his intangible or regenerative forms help against Danmaku though?

This includes aliens that also don't have profiles, though I'm not sure many of them will be of much help

I assume this means your vote goes to Sans? I won't add it till I get confirmation from you though

He turn Ben blue" making even hard to Ben dodge his attacks

He can teleport Ben to a unfavorable position to help him even morre

Sans could destroy Ben soul in seconds...

Soul attacks would prevent most regenerative/intangible forms

Inconclusive

Ok, his soul manip sounds a little wild, there HAS to be a way to counter it, or like a limit or something, because if he can destroy souls in seconds he'd beat almost every character in fiction without trouble, and all those characters wouldn't have been able to beat him. I mean in their debates this wasn't even brought up from what I remember?

How do you beat him ingame?

How does 'turning him blue' make it harder for Ben to dodge? As in what happens when he turns blue? Is it telekinesis? Gravity? Is his soul being held in place? Also, how does it make it harder to dodge? Does it completely immobilize him or does it slow him down?

Why inconclusive?

How do you dodge soul manipulation?

Anyway I'm thinking of removing speed equalization now to level the playing field thanks to San's hax.

Do you think giving Ben access to Skurd or Ultimate Greymatter would make it a little more even?

Ok if Ben is in that box during the whole fight how'd he even land a hit on Sans?

Also do you think Brainstorm's telekinesis could help counter Sans's?

Dodging his attacks

Then Sans will be stomped since Ben is bloodlusted and he is morre than 100 times faster than Sans

Yes, forcefields would help agaisn't Sans since he need to touch Ben to do soul damage

He can teleport his attacks

Ok, so speed remains equalized then

Ok, Sans needs to touch Ben to deliver soul damage? Do I need to ban intagible forms then?

How is Sans gonna teleport telekinesis?

No, I mean couldn't Ben just go intangible before he touches him so he..well.. can't?

Oh so his telekinesis is what's used to throw his bones around I;m guessing? if so couldn't brainstorm use his telekinesis to cancel out San's, making his bones just, like, drop?

Ok, I realize this looks like I'm arguing for Ben, and to top it off I just remembered something regarding Ben and Soul manipulation, so I think I'll end it here so people don't get the wrong idea and think I'm arguing for one character in my own thread

Thanks for answering the butt load of questions I threw at you btw :p

Sans would end up hitting Ben soul...

He attacks both spiritually and physically but you can interrupt his attack by stopping them at only one plane

He does it though bone manipulation...

I really hate when people argue about soul attacks.

@Anonimoe - There are verses where people can touch and even eat souls, not ALL the souls of EVERY FREAKING verse are the same, not ALL THE SOUL ATTACKS ARE instant kill.

So stop generalize like that, is getting obnoxious....

Kambings asked me some questions about Sans soul manipulation and i simply answered them...

I never said Sans would one-shot...

@Anonimoe thanks for answering.

You said you just have to stop the soul attack on one plane

Could I get an example on how someone could stop in on the physical or spiritual plane?

If you stop it the physical plane does it mean that if you catch his arm or something to stop him it's done? (I'm assuming he puches to initiate soul hax?)

Monsters attack at the physical and spiritual plane at the same time and they need to touch they opponents to do soul damage

So if you made his attacks unable to move on the physical plane he would be unable to do soul damage properly due to being unable to move his attacks on the spiritual plane too

The only way he would be able to do soul damage would be if Ben touched the attacks purposely

hmm alright then, so there are ways around it.

I just realized the omnitrix protects Ben from soul manipulation (when Zs'kayr posseses you, he destroys your soul so you cannot resist, as seen with what he did to king xarion)

Should I remove this comment?

Yeah but the omnitrix outright protects the wearer (Zs'skayr got completely shut off)

Isn't it weird that the OP provided a rather big advantage for one particular side in a debate they themselves made.

Also, I'm not sure how good Frisk's soul manip resistance is, but apparently Flowey just doesn't have a soul to begin with, so idk how Sans managed to pull that off lol

Frisk get hits at they soul during the entire game and was unaffected by Flowey "Flash of Light" which absorbed the soul of who got touched...

He could use soul hax Flowey (And possibly Chara) without they having a soul ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Hmm...it's hard to differentiate between the omnitrix's and Frisk's soul manip resistance, but the omnitrix did manage to protect Ben's soul from getting destroyed instead of just absorbed, so maybe it's a little better? (idk)

Also based on the reasons given should I delete my replies later?

I would say the omnitrix is slight better, but Sans likely would still be able to soul hax since well... he used it on someone without a soul

Nah

Maybe, but in previous VS threads just because a character (Hulk) had soul manip resistance it was treated as if Sans's soul manip couldn't affect him though

ok I won't, however, I'm going to sleep now. Thanks for responding :)

I mean, Ben is bloodlusted, he could quickly change to Atomix and blow up the whole place.

Sans dodging skills are really overestimate, he dodged a SINGLE knife swing from a character who is FAR SLOW than him, and yet he still get tired (Is like say that Flash can get quickly tired for dodging bullets), this is worse because his opponent's speed is now equal to him.

Diamondhead could grow crystal from the ground as a advantage, same goes Swampfire, Echo Echo could clone himself a lot and make a huge sound barrage, Gravattack could make a pseudo black hole and swallow his danmaku with him, Clockwork could stop time and crack his head.

Back