• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krypto the Superdog- Dirtbot LS Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Hopefully this thread won't be as painful as I'm literally experiencing lower back pain IRL, but this isn't the point.

Earlier before, there was a same calc of this new calc right here which bumps Dirtbot up to Class M via him tearing off a concrete roof along with a steel safe. But to me personally, I think Cari's version of the calc seems to be more reliable due to him also including the Dirtbot ripping off that safe. But I'll leave that up for discussion for everyone else to decide which is more reliable in use.

And before anyone else asks. No, Krypto and the others will not be scaling to this at all because the Dirtbot clearly overpowers him and he can't even budge him at all.

Either way, here are the options:

Option 1 (Keep Garrixian's original calc):

Option 2 (Use the new calc):

Last edited:
The Class M, the old one only really calculates the weight of the roof not actually tearing it off like the second does

Aye, Dark Carioca's calc is superior and ought to be used- ain't perfect, but very few of our works are. Simple enough CRT, can probably be put into effect with just my eval if you're strained for staff eyes.

Oh alright then, but I need to wait until tomorrow if I'm going to apply the changes

You have two staff approvals to use the second calc, changes are fine to apply now.
Actually, he has only one. It's thread mods that have technical evaluation rights, whereas content mods handle the actual editing of pages.

Still, as I said previously, I think this is a non-controversial enough CRT to be acceptable with only one staff evaluation- our rules allow for such things.

Actually, he has only one. It's thread mods that have technical evaluation rights, whereas content mods handle the actual editing of pages.

Still, as I said previously, I think this is a non-controversial enough CRT to be acceptable with only one staff evaluation- our rules allow for such things.
Don’t CGM have evaluation rights regarding calcs?

Don’t CGM have evaluation rights regarding calcs?
That's what I've been thinking myself considering this CRT is here to find out which calc seems more reliable in use. And either then, this thread is a CRT instead of a CGMD thread because this upgrades the Dirtbot to Class M.

Last edited:
CGMs are the only members authorized to evaluate the correctness of the math. Whether in verse or in context, which one is more reliable narratively, this responsibility falls to thread moderators (and administrators) for assessment.

CGMs are the only members authorized to evaluate the correctness of the math. Whether in verse or in context, which one is more reliable narratively, this responsibility falls to thread moderators (and administrators) for assessment.
While true, but at the same time this still requires CGMs to take a look at the thread in reviewing it's validity. Thread Moderators usually specify in context and logic rather than math, that's the thing

Negative; CGMs also have the check the feat if the calculation conform with its standards, not just the mathematics alone.
Mathematics standards. So basically, the same what I said. Contextually, narratively, however, are for thread evaluating staff members.
While true, but at the same time this still requires CGMs to take a look at the thread in reviewing it's validity. Thread Moderators usually specify in context and logic rather than math, that's the thing
You said exactly the same thing as I have said. You are conceding, perhaps?

Not only that, but I was explaining the point of this thread.
From my understanding, you're indicating that the focus is on the reliability within the context rather than mathematical correctness, aligning with what I initially mentioned.

Therefore, I believe it's unnecessary to divert the discussion since we both share the same agreement. My intention was simply to clarify the rules of the discussion.

Garrixian, why do you like to argue. I am literally the one who created the entire section, so I know what I am talking about. No, they do however have the right to vote in math-changing policy (staff discussion/Calc Group board), or if there is a conflict in comment section, they can vote which method is correct.

But in narrative concerning, they don't have any.

Garrixian, why do you like to argue. I am literally the one who created the entire section, so I know what I am talking about. No, they do however have the right to vote in math-changing policy (staff discussion/Calc Group board), or if there is a conflict in comment section, they can vote which method is correct.

But in narrative concerning, they don't have any.
I'm not arguing. Sorry, should've clarified my wording by saying that I might remembered that incorrectly. I remember there's been a proposal for CGMs to have evaluation rights and I was asking what happened to that.

I'm not arguing. Sorry, should've clarified my wording by saying that I might remembered that incorrectly. I remember there's been a proposal for CGMs to have evaluation rights and I was asking what happened to that.
It's fine. Nothing happens. I was a bit frustrated in other thread, so I apologise for the harsh approach 🧡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back