• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krypto the Superdog - Possible Low-High Regen for The Angry Snowman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Yeah, I know what you're probably thinking, this is another one of these CRTs for The Angry Snowman since it wasn't long after his last one. But I promise this time this is going to be the last CRT for him for a while if this goes through.

This could've been in mind a lot sooner, but I'm glad that I have the time to tackle this on now, but anyways, now what we've learned how each of the snowmen work (The previous CRT in mind so you can understand the context here better)

But for here, I'm only gonna suggest a likely for this (hope this is worth a shot), since in this scene here, while Krypto and everyone else was searching for the snowmen that somehow became alive after they found out it happened according to the news, we then cut to a sad version of the snowman was sobbing to the point where his lower half started being frozen solid, and later back, we see that his lower half is the same the way it was before. This could be likely that Krypto might've melted the ice cube under the snowman's half with his heat vision, but then the thing is, if the snowman's lower half was melted within the ice, then it would result in it's entire lower half being melted due to the chain reaction of heat melting both the ice and snow all together, because when you melt both snow and ice within each other, they both melt at the same time. The reason why it's being assumed that Krypto melted the ice cube is because he usually uses his heat vision to melt things or dry things off when it comes to these occasions, considering he melted the ice off of Ignatius while he was freezing, he also completely dried off Drooly's drool which once fried up the Dog Star's ship which caused it's whole system to short out.

But with that out of the way, the formatting should look like this:

Last edited:
He could've likely been careful and melted the parts of the ice without melting the snowman, so I'm going to have to disagree. You can see this video for reference.

Bumping for more opinions

Since we don't see it, we can't tell if he melted the entire bottom of the snowman or if it was a proper cut out. The other scans show he has control over what his heat vision burns (or that iguana is resistant to heat along with those controls).

I'm leaning towards disagreeing. Not to notion Krypto used his heat vision since that's likely, it's just unlikely he melted the snowman along with the ice. At most I'd agree eith is a possibly Low-High.

Since we don't see it, we can't tell if he melted the entire bottom of the snowman or if it was a proper cut out. The other scans show he has control over what his heat vision burns (or that iguana is resistant to heat along with those controls).

I'm leaning towards disagreeing. Not to notion Krypto used his heat vision since that's likely, it's just unlikely he melted the snowman along with the ice. At most I'd agree eith is a possibly Low-High.
I guess changing it to a possibly could work here

Is there any proof he was 100% melted into a liquid state and then reformed?

Is there any proof he was 100% melted into a liquid state and then reformed?
It's not really exactly referring to their entire body but it's based off the possibilities that's centered towards their lower half being melted considering we don't really see what happened to that giant ice block that's onto the sad snowman's lower half happened later on in the scan. Which could mean that Krypto had something to do with it while he was taking it away off-screen

Last edited:
Is there anything confirming its snow is special? Otherwise it's within reason to claim he could just grab more snow nearby for the compromised part in question, either way, this feels a bit too speculative (note how we have entire standards on not just giving regen from off-screen feats).

Anyways, the on-screen feat looks more like just Mid regen, the pieces are just too big and the head is basically intact even.

Yeah, Bobsican is correct; this just seems like Mid regeneration.

Is there anything confirming its snow is special?
This could likely be from potential of the Snowman rebuilding itself after it was smashed apart.
Otherwise it's within reason to claim he could just grab more snow nearby for the compromised part in question, either way, this feels a bit too speculative (note how we have entire standards on not just giving regen from off-screen feats).
Ah, so I may have missed this part about regen that happens off-screen my apologies then.
Anyways, the on-screen feat looks more like just Mid regen, the pieces are just too big and the head is basically intact even.
Wait, so it was Mid regen the whole time? Because I did go for what was described for High-Mid

For High-Mid the head or torso should be smashed to bits, which isn't the case here, note how the page mentions that vital organs should be pulverized or so, which I doubt this technically has, but that would be the closest alternative to get to that level of regen.

Last edited:
For High-Mid the head or torso should be smashed to bits, which isn't the case here, note how the page mentions that vital organs should be pulverized or so, which I doubt this technically has, but that would be the closest alternative to get to that level of regen.
I guess this makes sense then, although the description High-Mid could've been worded to be more specific next time. But I guess it's a minor downgrade to his regen then, how should I reword his regen? Or do I just leave like that?

But then again, I can wait until Saturday to apply the downgrades due to the new 48 hour grace period unless if anyone else has any objections on that matter.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.

Low-High: The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.

High-Mid is fine. Low-High is iffy.

Retracted.

Last edited:
How is High-Mid fine? From the quoted description the remaining parts are just too big in proportion of the body to qualify, the head and torso are intact even, it was currently agreed to just be Mid regen out of that.

Last time High Mid was talked about, the "Brain included" meant the brain needs to be included amongst that parts of the body blown to bits. Piccolo's regeneration was downgraded from High-Mid to just Mid via those new found clarifications.

Last time High Mid was talked about, the "Brain included" meant the brain needs to be included amongst that parts of the body blown to bits. Piccolo's regeneration was downgraded from High-Mid to just Mid via those new found clarifications.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

NVM. This description is more apt to the feat.

Since 48 hours are over, now that I know the proposed CRT was rejected and was suggested to downgrade one stage in regen. So I'm just going to apply the downgrades

And the downgrades were applied, so this can be closed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back