• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Krypto the super dog show LS revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got involved with this verse cause of a few vsthreads and now i decided that i can't continue when something is inaccurate.

Currently Krypto's LS sucks arse.
Reasons are as follows.

1) Cruise ship lifting.
What are the problems?
A) GTs are not tonnes of weight.
To quote wikipedia
"Gross tonnage (GT, G.T. or gt) is a nonlinear measure of a ship's overall internal volume. Gross tonnage is different from gross register tonnage.[1] Neither gross tonnage nor gross register tonnage should be confused with measures of mass or weight such as deadweight tonnage or displacement."
So they are far from the same.
What needs to be use is water displacement and it's very different. In fact Anthem of the seas has a GT of 168k tonnes while it's displacement is only 70k. Over 2x difference.
B) 200000GT is for the biggest cruise ships as in the 14 floor giants that are hundreds of meters in size. The cruise ship he lifts is uhhhhh a rather sorry excuse of a cruise ship really. Literally the only reason I'm not calling it a large yacht is because it was shown somewhat bigger than it is here if you look earlier. Even if it is a cruise ship it is minimal in size. Cruise ships are usually very long but this one's short.
Heck even if it is a legitimate cruise ship it's definitely smaller than this bad boy right here which has a GT of 10000 and knowing how displacement is like only 45% of the GT in the best case scenario, it'll weigh like 4500 tonnes.
So overall it's not even a proper cruise ship and at best it's bottom of Class M.

2) Lifting his shuttle. This entire feat is BS. Click on the links. I dare you. One will lead you to a video of Krypto lifitng a landing shuttle that is like 3-4x bigger than him and smaller than a tree and the other link about it's weight is a pdf document about Nasa's shuttle which literally says and I quote
"A fully assembled shuttle is 184 feet tall and weighs 4,500,000 pounds. The bay is 15 feet in diameter and 60 feet long;"..........
where's the 184 feet Lebowski?
basically it doesn't weigh that much at all since it's like dozens of times smaller. It's not even a shuttle it's a spacecraft and the biggest spacraft is the international space station which weighs 400 tons and that DEFINITELY does not scale to Krypto in this case.

3) the steamboat feat is solid.

oh and another gripe

Angry Snowman.
his wind scales to the LS of Krypto for overpowering his flight.
problem? I'd call it an outlier at best.
deal is, the wind is weak. It barely makes some kids fly off and it causes no damage to the surroundings. You'd expect a wind that can overoower a boat mover to be at the very least stronger than what your average dust devil but apparently it ain't. Maybe I'm being gripy, maybe not, whatever. But overall it does no damage and slowly blows away a couple of kids at most. To overpower someone who scales to like at least 200 tons you'd need a tornado at minimum yet this mild gust of wind overpowers him. Seems outliery.

Overall:
-Class M feat either gets removed or goes from 200k tonnes to ~4500 tonnes cause the boat is small
-Shuttle Feat is nerfed to hell cause a landing spacecraft smaller than a tree does not weigh the same as a 184x60 foot space shuttle.
-Steamboat feat is good
-Snowman gets nerfed cause his wind sucks.

I got involved with this verse cause of a few vsthreads and now i decided that i can't continue when something is inaccurate.

Currently Krypto's LS sucks arse.
Reasons are as follows.

1) Cruise ship lifting.
What are the problems?
A) GTs are not tonnes of weight.
To quote wikipedia
"Gross tonnage (GT, G.T. or gt) is a nonlinear measure of a ship's overall internal volume. Gross tonnage is different from gross register tonnage.[1] Neither gross tonnage nor gross register tonnage should be confused with measures of mass or weight such as deadweight tonnage or displacement."
So they are far from the same.
What needs to be use is water displacement and it's very different. In fact Anthem of the seas has a GT of 168k tonnes while it's displacement is only 70k. Over 2x difference.
B) 200000GT is for the biggest cruise ships as in the 14 floor giants that are hundreds of meters in size. The cruise ship he lifts is uhhhhh a rather sorry excuse of a cruise ship really. Literally the only reason I'm not calling it a large yacht is because it was shown somewhat bigger than it is here if you look earlier. Even if it is a cruise ship it is minimal in size. Cruise ships are usually very long but this one's short.
Heck even if it is a legitimate cruise ship it's definitely smaller than this bad boy right here which has a GT of 10000 and knowing how displacement is like only 45% of the GT in the best case scenario, it'll weigh like 4500 tonnes.
So overall it's not even a proper cruise ship and at best it's bottom of Class M.
I guess this part does seem fair if it's true that gross tonnage cannot be translated into kilograms. You may have to recalc this LS feat then. But either way, this was just a placeholder considering that I couldn't really get a calc for this sort of feat at the time.
2) Lifting his shuttle. This entire feat is BS. Click on the links. I dare you. One will lead you to a video of Krypto lifitng a landing shuttle that is like 3-4x bigger than him and smaller than a tree and the other link about it's weight is a pdf document about Nasa's shuttle which literally says and I quote
"A fully assembled shuttle is 184 feet tall and weighs 4,500,000 pounds. The bay is 15 feet in diameter and 60 feet long;"..........
where's the 184 feet Lebowski?
basically it doesn't weigh that much at all since it's like dozens of times smaller. It's not even a shuttle it's a spacecraft and the biggest spacraft is the international space station which weighs 400 tons and that DEFINITELY does not scale to Krypto in this case.
He literally lifted up his spaceship twice (not to mention even flew with it) in the first episode, so I wouldn't really call this one an outlier. But the weight for that may need it's own calc as well. But if the ship's weight is the issue here, then fair enough, but then again, the link was just there as a placeholder since I couldn't really get a calc for that feat either at the time.
oh and another gripe

Angry Snowman.
his wind scales to the LS of Krypto for overpowering his flight.
problem? I'd call it an outlier at best.
deal is, the wind is weak. It barely makes some kids fly off and it causes no damage to the surroundings. You'd expect a wind that can overoower a boat mover to be at the very least stronger than what your average dust devil but apparently it ain't. Maybe I'm being gripy, maybe not, whatever. But overall it does no damage and slowly blows away a couple of kids at most. To overpower someone who scales to like at least 200 tons you'd need a tornado at minimum yet this mild gust of wind overpowers him. Seems outliery.
I wouldn't really call this one an outlier considering the fact that he can fight on Krypto evenly. And it doesn't really matter if it doesn't do any damage around him. And even this page explains that, since Destructive Capacity doesn't always equal Attack Potency. And the wind still put enough force to push Krypto back considering that he was still exerting force to prevent being blown away and yet he did so anyway.

But I do agree that his LS can be potentially downgraded, but are you willing to recalc them to be helpful with these feats? But I disagree with The Angry Snowman one in this case.

Last edited:
I guess this part does seem fair if it's true that gross tonnage cannot be translated into kilograms. You may have to recalc this LS feat then. But either way, this was just a placeholder considering that I couldn't really get a calc for this sort of feat at the time.
There's no real way to recalc it besides taking a similar ship and finding it's displacement

He literally lifted up his spaceship twice (not to mention even flew with it) in the first episode, so I wouldn't really call this one an outlier. But the weight for that may need it's own calc as well. But if the ship's weight is the issue here, then fair enough, but then again, the link was just there as a placeholder since I couldn't really get a calc for that feat either at the time.
When did i say it was an outlier? It's simply absolutely not the same as the shuttle linked.

I wouldn't really call this one an outlier considering the fact that he can fight on Krypto evenly. And it doesn't really matter if it doesn't do any damage around him. And even this page explains that, since Destructive Capacity doesn't always equal Attack Potency. And the wind still put enough force to push Krypto back considering that he was still exerting force to prevent being blown away and yet he did so anyway.
Fighting someone equally means nothing in this case as this is an outlier for Krypto for not overpowering some wind that has no showings of being even closely this powerful as it hasn't done anything beyond blow away a few kids slowly.

But I do agree that his LS can be potentially downgraded, but are you willing to recalc them to be helpful with these feats?
Calcing ain't much of an option. Steamboat feat is good. "Cruiser" feat needs an actual displacement measure.

There's no real way to recalc it besides taking a similar ship and finding it's displacement
Then what are you really suggesting? Because your OP seems pretty unspecific on how exactly they should be downgraded to
Fighting someone equally means nothing in this case as this is an outlier for Krypto for not overpowering some wind that has no showings of being even closely this powerful as it hasn't done anything beyond blow away a few kids slowly.
And those kids got blown away even faster than Krypto did in this predicament, that doesn't make it an outlier. And even then, the Snowman would still scale considering that Krypto has seen it as a threat even if specific feat wasn't being used as a justification anyway.
Calcing ain't much of an option. Steamboat feat is good. "Cruiser" feat needs an actual displacement measure.
See first reply.

Last edited:
Then what are you really suggesting? Because your OP seems pretty unspecific on how exactly they should be downgraded to
Simple, it's a metal object that is very hollow that will end up giving Class 50 or at most Class 100 results. You already have a Class K feat and a supporting one.

Simple, it's a metal object that is very hollow that will end up giving Class 50 or at most Class 100 results. You already have a Class K feat and a supporting one.

At least point that out in the OP then next time.

But still, I would like to see a calc at least of Krypto lifting his own ship even if it turns out to be a supporting feat.

I obviously don't mind updating the cruise ship feat so it's accurate.
But still, I would like to see a calc at least of Krypto lifting his own ship even if it turns out to be a supporting feat.
A calc regardless of the result is fine.

As for the snowman thing. I get the argument but it's basically one to one. He can hold back Krypto but some kids aren't immediately blasted off by the wind. This can easily be chalked up to cartoon logic but the snowman is suppose to be the threat to Krypto in the scenario and I don't think leaning against it is the best option. If anything a possibly could work and just have it mention the issue.

And also, since you've mentioned that the ship was smaller, where did your "4500 tonnes" estimate come from?
Remember what I said about the Anthem of the seas and it's weight being 45%~ of its GT? Used the same logic here. It's wrong since it's an estimate and the weight and volume are barely related.
Additionally the boat seems too small to be a cruiser in the first place since apparently the one i showed, the 10000GT one is over 100 meters long, and clearly the boat Krypto carries is at less than half that size.

As for the snowman thing. I get the argument but it's basically one to one. He can hold back Krypto but some kids aren't immediately blasted off by the wind. This can easily be chalked up to cartoon logic but the snowman is suppose to be the threat to Krypto in the scenario and I don't think leaning against it is the best option. If anything a possibly could work and just have it mention the issue.
My problem is also mainly the fact that nothing was destroyed by winds that are supposed to be stronger than that of a tornado

Remember what I said about the Anthem of the seas and it's weight being 45%~ of its GT? Used the same logic here. It's wrong since it's an estimate and the weight and volume are barely related.
Additionally the boat seems too small to be a cruiser in the first place since apparently the one i showed, the 10000GT one is over 100 meters long, and clearly the boat Krypto carries is at less than half that size.
I mean that's literally what you suggested to downgrade to lol. But then again, I don't even want to completely just ignore this specific feat altogether when it could actually be revised to be accurate.
My problem is also mainly the fact that nothing was destroyed by winds that are supposed to be stronger than that of a tornado
Again, AP ≠ Destructive Capacity

I mean that's literally what you suggested to downgrade to lol. But then again, I don't even want to completely just ignore this specific feat altogether when it could actually be revised to be accurate.
I mean finding water displacement is already a pain in the ass, finding the right boat is even more painful now

Again, AP ≠ Destructive Capacity
But applying hurricane winds to houses would damage them, which it didn't

Also after looking more this boat is definitely a large yacht, not a cruise ship. It fits the shape perfectly

I think this makes sense

I mean for the general part this has been agreed upon, the problem being the fact that i can't calculate the weight of the boat. Why? It's simple, it is clearly a mega yacht but smaller than usual and I cannot find the weight of even a normal mega yacht...
nvm actually
as i was writing this message i found out that russian wikipedia lists water displacement on yachts
This one seems relatively close in size to the one we have, only 85 meters long, weighing at 2600 tons.

Now the one we have in the feat is even smaller than that but i think if we maybe halve it then it'd be good...
another variant is calculating it's height, width and then doing a reverse square law calc to get the weight of the smaller yacht. Oh and definitely not use the scene where Krypto lifts it because that scene is inconsistent with how the yacht is portrayed in other moments.

Feels kind of like an impossible challenge at this point tbh. I can't do the calc that's for sure.

I mean for the general part this has been agreed upon, the problem being the fact that i can't calculate the weight of the boat. Why? It's simple, it is clearly a mega yacht but smaller than usual and I cannot find the weight of even a normal mega yacht...
nvm actually
as i was writing this message i found out that russian wikipedia lists water displacement on yachts
This one seems relatively close in size to the one we have, only 85 meters long, weighing at 2600 tons.

Now the one we have in the feat is even smaller than that but i think if we maybe halve it then it'd be good...
another variant is calculating it's height, width and then doing a reverse square law calc to get the weight of the smaller yacht. Oh and definitely not use the scene where Krypto lifts it because that scene is inconsistent with how the yacht is portrayed in other moments.

Feels kind of like an impossible challenge at this point tbh. I can't do the calc that's for sure.
Huh, interesting. What could be the solution?

Is it okay if I can summon some calc members here to check the feat out and give out some details?

I agree that the shuttle and cruise ship feats are very poorly considered at present. I would also lightly agree that the wind for the snowman feat, does not need to scale to LS, and could be an outlier. It's not really about fighting Krypto, it's about being compared to what else it can move around.

I agree that the shuttle and cruise ship feats are very poorly considered at present. I would also lightly agree that the wind for the snowman feat, does not need to scale to LS, and could be an outlier. It's not really about fighting Krypto, it's about being compared to what else it can move around.
I may have to re-word the Snowman's page for that then. But anyways do you got any ideas on how we could calc the feat of Krypto lifting that boat or that spacecraft?

I may have to re-word the Snowman's page for that then. But anyways do you got any ideas on how we could calc the feat of Krypto lifting that boat or that spacecraft?
Hi, yes, yesterday was Mother's Day and D&D day, very busy.

Best I can figure is either:
  • Compartmentalize the ship down to its parts, get volume, apply density
  • Find a similar shaped thing and upscale appropriately- the shuttle is very similar to carnival rides, could probably find something suitable. Dunno if you'll be able to find a mass for such a ride but you may get lucky.

Hi, yes, yesterday was Mother's Day and D&D day, very busy.

Best I can figure is either:
  • Compartmentalize the ship down to its parts, get volume, apply density
  • Find a similar shaped thing and upscale appropriately- the shuttle is very similar to carnival rides, could probably find something suitable. Dunno if you'll be able to find a mass for such a ride but you may get lucky.
Oh, alright then, take your time. But thanks for the insight by the way.

@Arceus0x, what do you think?

Oh, alright then, take your time. But thanks for the insight by the way.

@Arceus0x, what do you think?
Like i said, idk how to calc the boat and we barely get enough moments to look at its insides to know how to divide it into compartments.

Shuttle calc is useless.

I see, do you know an alternative ship that looks exactly like the one Krypto lifted?

I see, do you know an alternative ship that looks exactly like the one Krypto lifted?
No. The one Krypto lifted is odd as hell. I gave you examples above of larger ships that have the same format. Only square cube law could handle sth like this and idk how to apply it here

After briefly discussing this off-site, this kind of model that looks just about the same that Krypto has lifted could be a possibility. But then I also was thinking this through when Krypto can also force down a plane or him and Streaky along can hold back a portion of a bridge that was about to fall apart if they're worth checking out.
the bridge feat is very weird and probably wouldn't work. The issue is, we can't truly know what parts would they be lifting. If the parts of the bridge fell apart and were already going down then we'd be able to calc it but they were simply preventing the crack from expanding and thus we don't know what specific parts they lifted. At most this would scale to the bus that was being lifted.
Him lifting the plane is a solid feat but since it seems to be the average commercial plane it's 152 to 220 tons in weight so another solid low end Class K feat.

the bridge feat is very weird and probably wouldn't work. The issue is, we can't truly know what parts would they be lifting. If the parts of the bridge fell apart and were already going down then we'd be able to calc it but they were simply preventing the crack from expanding and thus we don't know what specific parts they lifted. At most this would scale to the bus that was being lifted.
You're right then.
Him lifting the plane is a solid feat but since it seems to be the average commercial plane it's 152 to 220 tons in weight so another solid low end Class K feat.
I'll see if I'm able to request the boat feat again suggesting the supplementary model, if not, then I guess we have no choice to downgrade the verse to Class K

I'll see if I'm able to request the boat feat again suggesting the supplementary model, if not, then I guess we have no choice to downgrade the verse to Class K
i think you can use the boat we found. You gotta understand, unless we have the fullass schematic of a boat we can't really calc it beyond a few vague methods. Also the boat that is supplementary is 333 tons so i think it's usable. It's class K still but at least you'll have sth.

After further contact with those about the ship lifting feat, I guess it's just better off using the weight of that ship then. While I do personally think Class K is a bit too low for the verse to my liking, but hey, it's the best we've got at this rate. Now looks like I gotta work on rewording everything for this to work

Last edited:
But since this thread has been out for far too long, I'll start applying the downgrades and reword the Snowman

And I finished applying the changes, so I guess this can be closed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back