• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kratos (Power of Hope) vs Devourer (Epic Battle Fantasy 5)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so god-killer against killer-god. Might be a little out of the way, but still. Kratos has a ton of haxes and resistances such as resistance to Fate Manipulation (which is probably the strongest hax out there), yet Devourer has existence erasure (which itself is pretty crazy). That's not to mention Kratos potentially gets Low 2-C for nailing Zeus while Devourer gets Low 2-C for being superior to the Cosmic Gigalith and God (the golden cat, bruh). Right, here's how it'll go down.

1. Kratos has the Light of Hope and is Low 2-C. Devourer is at his base form.

2. Speed is equalized (I mean MFTL+ for dealing with seemingly infinite stuff vs MFTL+ for flying 26,500 light years? Kratos' gonna blitz.)

That aside, here are their profiles:

Kratos' Profile

The Devourer's Profile

Who takes this?

Kratos-PNG-Transparent-Image
Devourer EBF5
ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. I AM YOUR END!

God Killer: 0
Lovecraftian God from a Flash Game: 0

Inconclusive: 0

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
The Devourer doesn't resist Soulhax, Petrification or Absorption. So Kratos uses those and he wins.
About absorption, Devourer can take hits from Fenrir's Jaw (one of Anna's bows) and Black Fang (one of Matt's swords) just fine and they both use absorption.

As for Soulhax and Petrification, I think he does that with weapons/tools, particularly Medusa's head for petrification and I believe a weapon you get from Hades for Soul Hax. That's all I remember from watching God of War boss battles back when I was in high school; there's probably more that I missed.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
How does his existence erasure work?
Unlike the Cosmic Gigalith, which was eating away at the fabric of space at time in a gradual process, The Devourer's existence erasure is more standard fare like Beerus' Hakai. Unlike Beerus, who had to utter a command to erase something from existence, Devourer merely needed a gesture from its tentacle to accomplish the task. At least that's from what I can remember from the game.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Question about his existence erasure, can he erase concepts?
I don't think there's a simple answer to that as far as I'm aware. At least not one that's straightforward. I suppose if you count time and space as concepts (as would be the case in works before physicists came along and claimed time and space as a fabric), he can, although physics say "no" and Vs Debate sites tend to see time and space as something tied to physics more than anything else. Beyond that, given he has created the Laws of Nature in the EBF universe, bear in mind Natural Law is a concept, there is a possibility, though I won't say its a guarantee.

Then again, Kratos doesn't exactly personify a concept so much as he held one, as he stabbed himself to set hope free and let it disperse as shown in God of War 3's ending, so killing Kratos isn't exactly as out of the question as one might think.

Back